Menu

Gift idea for family with infant and 2yo2mo girls. Montessori or Waldorf style preferred. Any ideas?

Tap

I want to buy a gift under about $50 for my boss's kids.  She is coming back from maternity leave soon so it is a new baby gift, just a little late. LOL

She has 2 girls. 2mo and 2y2m.  Due to health in mama, they are likely her only two children.  I don't think it needs to be a baby gift, just something that the girls will enjoy at the appropriate age.

I know they prefer all natural materials. 

Montessori or Waldorf are the style of items I seem them gravitate toward. 

Any ideas of well loved items?  There is so much in this style that I bought my youngest,  but honestly she never played with toys (autistic), so I don't know what most kids these ages play with.  It was to long ago for me to remember with my older kids. 

I could go a bit over $100 if something great is out there in that price point. I know someone else who would likely go in with me if I ask him to. 

Edited by Tap

I almost always give classic books, especially collections by beloved children's authors, that they will be able to enjoy together for many years, along with some small toy or piece of clothing. I just think you just can't go wrong with great books. But toys can be so hit or miss.

• Like 1

Playsilks.  Ours were well loved and did triple duty as toys, light blankets, and sunshades. 

Tegu might fit the bill - chunky, magnetic wooden blocks.

Plan Toys has wooden food that can be cut apart

We had a few Haba toys, too, and those held up well.  Baby things as well as cooperative games like Animal Upon Animal.

• Like 1