Menu

The twenties can be tough!

Laurel-in-CA

I now have 3 in that age group, but it's my oldest who has had the hardest row. Lots of challenges in her college years but she finished up her BFA....worked p/t at two different jobs for awhile and then got laid off....thought she had the perfect graphic design job and then got laid off in her probationary period. Dang. Took a customer service job with a ridiculous commute and hates it, has communication issues with boss (language barrier, unreasonable expectations) and is now going to work as a cashier lead for a thrift store giant. And she's happy to have the cashier job because it's close to home and has "growth potential." She sure could've gotten that job without 4.5 years of college!!!

I am so frustrated for her. 

:grouphug:

I can't 'like' your post... :glare: but I can relate.

Don't you wish life was slightly less complicated especially for the kiddos who have had to overcome the most obstacles?

We also have 3 twenty-somethings (all daughters) and it has been a roller coaster ride here too...for one in particular.

You just never know what lies just around the corner. Hopefully something amazing will pop up.

At least it's never dull!   :laugh:

• Like 1

I now have 3 in that age group, but it's my oldest who has had the hardest row. Lots of challenges in her college years but she finished up her BFA....worked p/t at two different jobs for awhile and then got laid off....thought she had the perfect graphic design job and then got laid off in her probationary period. Dang. Took a customer service job with a ridiculous commute and hates it, has communication issues with boss (language barrier, unreasonable expectations) and is now going to work as a cashier lead for a thrift store giant. And she's happy to have the cashier job because it's close to home and has "growth potential." She sure could've gotten that job without 4.5 years of college!!!

I am so frustrated for her.

Lots of hugs and best wishes...I'm sorry it has been so difficult. The roller coaster rides this age group goes thru are so tough!

:grouphug:

• Like 1