Menu

What's with the ads?

JIN MOUSA

Magna-Tiles toy

The demo set at my local Lakeshore Learning store as well as Learning Express store had some chipped pieces from time to time. They do chip if used as percussion instruments on a hard surface.

• Like 1

I think your kiddos are just really talented! We have never had one break, but I think if my oldest would have had them at the age our "baby" got them, then I would be able to sit on that bench with you. ;) 

• Like 1

Wow, that is impressive :) we have had our mega set of 150 for years and had only one break and it was my huband stepping on it by accident in dress shoes. Otherwise ours have taken a beating.

• Like 1

Yes, they've broken one. And they are crazy with them. I'm truly impressed that there has only been the one casualty!

• Like 1

Anyone ever have one break? Or do my kids just possess savant-level destructive abilities?

We have never had Magna-tiles break. We bought an off brand one year and it didn't last 3 months before we had two pieces break.  (And I got rid of the rest)

I no longer buy the off brands. Just Magna-tiles.

• Like 1

Well, glad to hear that, while uncommon, it's not absolutely unheard of. 

This one's got a full crack across one corner, and I'm sure that with minimal effort, I could remove a magnet or two. So this one's been sidelined. And fortunately my kids brought it to me after it broke and didn't try to explore it further. 

Edited by JIN MOUSA

We just broke one.

I think it got set under a chair leg and then the chair was sat on so it cracked in the middle. ( I found it near chair the chair leg)

I believe we had one chip at a corner.  But that was after years of use and just some freak thing it seems.  I can't say enough good about Magna Tiles.  Probably the best toy of all in terms of how long it was loved.

And no one ever gets rid of them apparently! Trying to find more to add to our collection and looks like we’ll Have to buy new... no one sells them off, lol!

• Like 1