Menu

Flylady support thread Wednesday, November 29...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Please join in on the fun!

We will start the baby steps again January 1, 2018! So if you are a lurker, find us then!

• Like 1

I am back! I just needed to unplug on the vacation. So I did. I have a bit of a cold, my house is a mess and need to put things away, but here I am! 

I did get a cleaning tip while I was gone. My mom uses Orange Glo on her sink. She says that it helps it stay clean. She also uses it in her shower surround. Sounds like it would work to me. I tried to find some down in Florida but was unsuccessful. So today that is my goal. To find Orange Glo!

• Like 1

Welcome back!  I have a cleaning story for you about our brand new stove.  It has one of those glass cook tops and dh has been obsessive about wanting to keep it clean. And I do.  Cleaning the cooktop is just part of my cleaning the kitchen routine.  But yesterday I cleaned it using glass cooktop cleaner and a metal spatula thing (that is specifically for cleaning those cooktops) and it looked like the black paint had come off of the cooktop.  I thought "oh no" because dh wouldn't be happy and I really didn't want to add "call manufacturer" to my tackle list.  When dh came home I admitted the awful truth of the ruined cooktop.  And he looked at it and said, "You just didn't clean it enough".  I was arguing with him and he was scraping and what do you know? - he was right!  And he was awfully smug about it too.  But I am glad that I don't have to add one more hassle to my tackle list.  I have no idea why my usual method of cleaning wasn't (initially) removing the cooked on gunk but now I know to keep scraping if that happens again! 

Ugg! My mom has one of those glass cooktops and she says they are impossible to keep clean. She wants induction in her next house. She finally got a real realtor (she went through one of those help you sell agents before) and so I hope she will finally get a stove she likes. However don't feel bad about your decision. My aunt has the old kind of sealed burners. I am not sure you remember them but they were like a hot plate type of design. She HATES that. She forgets that it is hot all the time! Melted plastic is WAY worse then cleaning a glass cooktop in my book! Still, I am a bit of a snob and will never have anything except for gas unless I move to europe. I really don't care what I have there! LOL

Well I finally found the Orange Glo! I found it at Ace Hardware. So if you can't find it, look there! It was about $7 though! Yikes! I hope it works! Tonight will tell! I might swish and swipe my bathrooms and try it before hand. :D

I am still trying to recover from the drive back. I was a total bump on a log today. Ugg! 

• Like 1

I think that the cool cooktops could make it easier to clean. Things will not be baked on. At least I think that is what my mom is thinking. I am still hoping she will find a place with gas appliances so that I don't burn or under cook food at her house all the time. LOL

I decided to start up my blog again. It has been a few months. If you have ever been curious about me, I have a link in my siggy now. I have my last 11 years on there, minus a few months this year. ;)

• Like 1