Menu

To those of you that teach lower case letters first...

thundersweet

Is there a program out there that does this? I want to get my 4yo started. I like HWT but the whole first book is all capitals. My plan now is to just teach lower case letters the way SWR does it. I was thinking though, it would be nice to have a program where he did a page or so a day similar to HWT.

Thanks,

Sandy

The Kindergarten HWT book covers both capitals and lower case but starts with capital letters.

If you really like HWT, then there is no reason you can't start HWT kindergarten with the lower case letters! It even says so in the teachers manual that if you are more comfortable with that, then do it.

I didn't like the idea of capitals first either but decided to give it a try and my son FLEW through the capitals so quickly and then started to take his time on the lower case.

I think the way HWT teaches the letter formation is brilliant but that may be because my son really thrived with it. He went from (2 months ago) only knowing how to write "Will" to writing all the letters and copying sentences and paragraphs with ease.