Menu

What kind of mom gift would you like to receive at a gift exchange ($25ish)

Shellydon

Does it have to be just one thing?  I love getting a gift bag of little stuff:  some chocolate or other candy (caramels, hard candy), a lip balm, hand cream, packet of tea or coffee, maybe a pen, a little notebook/journal... 

I would also add cozy socks but my feet are big and require extended sizes, and most people would not know that.  But that would probably work for  most people?  

• Like 2

Mc Donalds Gift Card (I love popping through the drive through for a drink, and I know my mom does, as does my grandma and my kid. And really, everyone claims to hate McDs....but there are a LOT of people that just LOVE a McDs coke/diet coke/sweet tea, etc. Something about McDs beverages)

Solid colored fuzzy socks

Nothing with scent-no candles, no perfume, etc etc.

I went to Dr. Pepper Heaven this summer when McD's pop was $1.

Yummy fizzy lifting drink!

I like the idea of a box of chocolates and a gift card because there's very little listed above (other than the coloring book) that I would want (no perfume/soaps/candle type things, no clothing/socks/gloves cause I'm picky....)  If I had to pick something I'd go with stuff from World Market, spices, cute cups, kitchen gadgets but I like things to be useful.  

• Like 2

McDonald's gift card made me think of something else. In my area there is a convenience store chain called Wawa that I love. They have coffee, prepared food and typical convenience store stuff. Similar stores I've heard of or been to are Sheetz, Speedway, and QuikTrip. A Wawa gift card is a great thing for me. Such a treat to run in for a coffee or a BLT!

I'd be careful with Amazon cards unless you know the recipient buys from them. Shipping costs will eat up a good portion of a $25 gift card.

ETA: I would have to give away a scented candle or soap... :-(

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

Nice 8x8 pan and brownie mix (Home Goods/Tj Maxx etc are a good place for the pan)

Hydroflask bottles are great. Hot or cold versions are available (on sale for 25% off around Christmas quite often ---check the sporting stores like REI/Dicks etc)

An assortment of flavored almonds, olives, salami, crackers etc....(anything shelf stable, so skip the cheeses LOL) I buy these at TJs usually

A snack bag.  Fill a cute little gift bag with grab and go snacks. Trail mix, pepperoni stick, jerky, Cliff bars, Luna Bars, Nice bottles of water like FIJI

A bag of yummies...again I go to TJs.  An assorment of cookies, candies etc.

Tool box with a PINK hammer, Pink screwdrivers, tape measure etc. Something that says mom's box, keep you hands off. (toss some chocolate in too LOL)

Starbucks gift card is easy to attach to anything. I usually pick a bag of Lindt or Ghirardelli chocolates.

Car wash gift card attached to chocolates to 'eat while you wash'

Panera gift card

Mocha mix/hot cocoa mix/tea/etc. With a bag of the disposable cups and lids. 

Good bag of coffee with stir ins like Torani Syrups, caramel sauce etc.

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

I love fuzzy socks, lotions, candles, small gift cards, fun gel pens, warm throws, warm gloves, warm scarves, notepads, scented liquid hand soaps or sanitizers...

I'm always struggling to maintain my weight so I prefer no treats, but that's just me.  

And I was going to say the complete opposite.  I love getting treats because they are something special but then they are gone and no longer in my space.  I don't like scented anything and I'm trying to massively declutter so any extra object even if useful is most likely destined for the Goodwill pile because if it's useful I probably already have 10 of them and if it's not useful I certainly don't want it around.

• Like 1

A great coffee cup

Socks

Socks and coffee

coffee and handmade soap

Okay, I must be remarkably simple because really, that's all I need to feel happy.  

We are doing a $25 gift exchange at work and these are the three thngs I put on my list

Socks

Chocolates (with peanut butter)

and Legos

We do an exchange like this (the kind where you can “steal†gifts) at my Bunco every year, but the price point is a bit lower (15-20). Some of the “hot†gifts everyone steals have been: warm, fuzzy throw blankets, scarves, the Wallflower scented light things you plug in, ceramic Starbucks travel mug, fancy coffee, wine accessories, Alex &Ani bracelet.

Personally-

Good dark chocolate

tea (chai is my favorite) - no cup- I already  have a favorite

slippers 

I rarely wear socks- the only kind I'd like would be hiking ones

Only naturally scented or unscented items- I'd throw or give it away otherwise

Nice hat or scarf or baklava- I need some upgrades

Fuzzy throw

gift card to - Amazon (Chipolte if we had one here but we don't- but there are a couple local places that are decent)

No fast food or coffee for me.

• Like 1

I was at Tuesday Morning the other day and found three white porcelain serving trays with handles in a small size, medium size and large size. They are perfect for appetizers and desserts. It came to about $24 for the 3, and they looked like they could have come from Macy's. It was the perfect gift for my sister, who loves to entertain in her new home. They also had super soft throws for $6.99. I don't know if you have that store by you, but it was so much nicer than I remember it the last time I went in. 

• Like 3

Personally-

Good dark chocolate

tea (chai is my favorite) - no cup- I already  have a favorite

slippers 

I rarely wear socks- the only kind I'd like would be hiking ones

Only naturally scented or unscented items- I'd throw or give it away otherwise

Nice hat or scarf or baklava- I need some upgrades

Fuzzy throw

gift card to - Amazon (Chipolte if we had one here but we don't- but there are a couple local places that are decent)

No fast food or coffee for me.

I will drink chai, but otherwise I only drink Kenyan tea.  (if it doesn't grow in a tea plant, it isn't tea....it is flavored hot water.....but I digress.....)

And yes to unscented items.  Some things really bother my allergies.

• Like 1

Scent intolerances here, so nothing scented.

Coffee = stomach pain, so that’s a no go. Teas or tisanes would be nice.

A Fuzzy blanket or throw with a movie night gift basket, or similar would be kind of cool.

I’m always a sucker for “office suppliesâ€. Fun and colorful ones. Pens, clips, sticky flags, notebooks, journal, etc.

• Like 1