Menu

SAT 2 questions

This is very last minute decision. Can DD take another SAT 2 test without having registered for it. It's my fault, I thought I had checked Spanish Listening or French Listening, but I didn't, so after Latin and Spanish, can she just stay for another test?

And, all the reasonably priced CD players have 2.5 stars. Any suggestions? Nothing fancy, just something to use next Saturday and possibly next year.

I may not let her take the 3rd test. It would be just too long, but I'm letting her decide on that day.

If you are talking about the December 2nd date, languages with listening are not being offered. I only know because my dd was going to take Spanish with listening in November and we had a conflict, so we had to switch her registration to the regular Spanish for December. Which may be just as well because, as you've seen, it isn't so easy to come by a reliable cd player.

I think you should be able to add another subject test on the date of the test, though, for Spanish or French without listening. We are hoping to do that for the math subject test.

• Like 2

“Changing Subject Tests on Test Day

In general, you can take a different test from the one you signed up for — the test booklet contains all Subject Tests available that day, so just take the ones you want. But there are some exceptions:

You can’t switch to a Language with Listening Test that you're not registered for, because they require special equipment.

You can also add a test on test day, if it’s being given on that day. Just remember that the exceptions listed above will apply. You’ll be billed for the tests you add.â€

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests/taking-the-test/test-day#changing-tests

• Like 1

I saw this and thought of your thread. So only one language test with listening per year.

“The Language with Listening tests are offered only in November.

The Language with Listening tests are always given in the first hour of testing. You can take only one Language with Listening test per test date.â€

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests/register/test-dates-deadlines

• Like 1

I saw this and thought of your thread. So only one language test with listening per year.

“The Language with Listening tests are offered only in November.

The Language with Listening tests are always given in the first hour of testing. You can take only one Language with Listening test per test date.â€

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests/register/test-dates-deadlines

Hmm.  They must have recently changed that.  I'm pretty sure they had been offering one language with listening test in the fall and one in the spring.