Menu

Does anyone use workbooks?

Mommyof1

My 5yo (almost 6yo) LOVES workbooks.  He's done a ton of stuff from Evan-Moor: Daily Science, Daily Geography, Language Fundamentals, Draw Then Write, and Read and Understand Folktales and Fables, bits from U.S. Facts and Fun.  He liked the practice pages from MEP quite a bit.  He enjoyed the first couple workbooks from Handwritng Without Tears.  He's done many Stick Kids workbooks: money, time, addition, subtraction, word wizard, multiplication and division.  I found a "Singapore" math workbook at Costco (not by the real SM publisher, but same general stuff) that he devoured.  His favorites were probably E-M Daily Science and Daily Geography.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the responses.

I started her early on Horizon Math K in mid-January. She is already about 1/2 way through the first workbook. It's a lot of tracing and writing (for her) but it slowed her down a bit.

She wants to learn cursive and I will be ordering Logic of English writing program this week or next.

Basically I started kindergarten work early with her because she needs it.