Menu

What's everyone doing for the remainder of the holiday weekend?

Jenny in Florida

I've been busy all morning finishing clean-up from yesterday, doing the usual weekend household chores and pulling the exterior lights and Christmas decor to the front of the garage so they are accessible the next time I have energy to tackle that project. 

My husband is at work. He had the option of taking the day off, but would have needed to burn a vacation day to do so. And since he figured it would be a really light day in an almost empty office, he opted to go ahead and work.

My son and his girlfriend were here with us yesterday and hung out with me for a bit this morning before heading back to her house to begin Christmas preparations over there.

Tomorrow, the four of us are going to see the National Theatre broadcast of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, and Sunday I go back to work.

I'm now sitting here eating leftovers for lunch and pondering what to do with the rest of my day.

So, what are you all up to? 

• Like 2

Hanging around on message boards, weeding the garden, hosing off the Lab, delegating household chores, about to cook, and there's a church service tonight.  More of the same the rest of the weekend.  :)  We'll probably decorate somewhere in there; we don't have loads of decorations so it doesn't take long.

ETA: naps might factor in here somewhere, too.  ;)

Also edited for spelling.  :svengo:

Edited by CES2005
  • Like 3

working my four hours today so I can have the other four off as paid leave.  Then SKIING this afternoon for fun

SKIING tomorrow - I coach cross country on Saturdays, but probably not too many kids due to the holiday weekend.

Sunday we are going to see Howl's Moving Castle in the theater.

• Like 2

We had a lovely five hour dinner party yesterday. Today dh and I hiked at a state park. Dd had to stay home and work on a paper. We will hike again tomorrow, hope she can come. It's crazy warm, so may put up the Christmas lights outside. A little bit of work, cooking, hanging out. ..

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 2

DH had to work today.  Kids are at a movie with MIL.  I was supposed to go with them, but I am stuck at home because of health stuff.

The rest of the weekend is pretty quiet.  DS has a meeting with the eagle scout coordinator for the troop tomorrow and church on Sunday, but nothing else on our schedule.  I will probably curl up with a warm blanket and cross stitch while watching movies.

• Like 1

Working, normal Saturday (mostly work), Sunday church & work & my kids are to decorate and ride horses in a community Christmas parade.  Kids' homework (thankfully light) needs to fit in there sometime.  Also I need to consolidate the Xmas gifts I've already bought and discuss with others what they may want to buy for my kids.

• Like 1

Today I volunteered and then we went hiking by the ocean. Tomorrow is the OSU vs Michigan game (the only DH-can't-miss game of the year) and maybe some mountain biking in the afternoon. It's our 23rd anniversary so DH and I will probably go out to dinner. Sunday I think we'll go see the lobster trap "Christmas tree" and do a bit of exploring and general season-enjoying.

In between there is lots and LOTS of homework.

• Like 1

Got the tree up today (after finishing the dishes from yesterday). Oldest DD will met me at movie theratre tomorrow morning to get our Chris Hel..er, Thor fix since I have seen it and she hasn't. Then back here to put up more Xmas...and I need to get the turkey carcass cooking for broth.

• Like 1

I rarely have a whole day not working somewhere, but I have today and tomorrow. I hung out doing all the laundry, then vacuumed, swept and mopped.

Tomorrow I will organize all the "afterschool" materials for my ds who has disabilities. They are spread across our dining room table. It's a mess. I'm also going to organize for teaching a couple of certification classes I have coming up, before Christmas, but will have no time to plan for after Sunday. 

I work early Sunday morning. So, little break done.

Older ds did not come home (we helped him with plane tickets to get to an academic conference where he was presented a month ago, dh is going to take a few days to drive to get him for Christmas. His grad school is not near any transportation hubs so getting there and back is expensive. ds doesn't own a car). dd is home. She's running around catching up with friends and extended family. It's been good to see her in and out. My youngest is happy to have a break from school. 

• Like 1

We went for a hike today at a state park that’s farther away than we normally go.

Tomorrow is a college football game and a birthday for one of my kids! Maybe go see Wonder if the timing works out.

Sunday is church and back to our normal routine.

• Like 1

I binge watched the last season of Once Upon a Time (over the past week) and just watched the last episode. 

Ds and I just ate a nice assortment of cheeses, olives and crackers before he headed out for the night.

I will start putting away fall decorations and getting out the Christmas items tonight/tomorrow and spend the rest of the weekend decorating.  We have one fake tree and one real one each year.  The fake tree is up and we have been making new ornaments for it over the past few days.  Each ornament takes about an hour, so it is a nice way to relax and binge watch tv. LOL

Ds just asked if I wanted to go to the art museum tomorrow, but I think I am going to stick around here.  I didn't leave the house today though, and I can't usually stay put that long, so I may take him up on his offer. 

• Like 1

My parents were here for the holiday and will be leaving tomorrow. My mom and I were both sick with colds/laryngitis (me). 

I have to plan tomorrow for preschool teaching, do a cat sit, and other odds and ends tomorrow. 

Sunday is church and taking dd to her viola lesson (2.5 hours out of the afternoon for that one). 

• Like 1

Dh and I went out for brunch by ourselves yesterday and chatted with a friend there.  Then we hit up MIchael's and Lowes well after the bulk of the BF crowds.  It was nice, but I kept wondering if the people in the aisles could smell the screwdrivers I had had at the pub, lol.  Later, we played some board games with the kids and watched a movie.

Today is our annual family party.  I'm not sure how long it's been our tradition, but I'm 40 and don't remember it ever not being a thing.

We'll probably do some Christmas decorating tomorrow, but I also have to get on all my homeschooling and co-oping stuff before the new week begins.

• Like 1

Well, I planned to catch up on some tv and knit, but then I downloaded Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and that's all she wrote for most of yesterday.  I felt a little guilty until I realized everyone else in the house was doing the same thing, except dh, who fixed dd's brakes and then played Call of Duty all afternoon. ;)

Mind you this is after I had cleaned up from Thanksgiving, made soup and decided to launder every curtain in the house.

(not turkey soup because as I posted elsewhere, my gorgeous stock got left on the stove overnight and I had to throw it out)

Edited by Lizzie in Ma
  • Like 1