Menu

What's with the ads?

MeaganS

Favorite snow toys

We've moved from the south to Minnesota. My girls have never seen so much snow. As I think of Christmas, I'm wondering what snow toys would be good? We have a disk sled and a cheap $10 plastic one. Anything else your kids really enjoy outside? If you like sleds, can you describe your favorite styles?

Sleds are good, but for hours and hours of outdoor snow play, you can't beat 5 quart ice cream buckets.  We tried to keep 2-3 on hand per kid as they do tend to get lost in the snow.  Forts.  Walls, Snowmen. Catapults.  A most excellent tool for playing in the snow.  Sticks and shovels are usually good as well.

as far as sleds, we have always had great luck with cheap plastic toboggans - like this one, but cheaper....

https://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Bums-Toboggan-48-Inch-Green/dp/B009PXJH8E/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1511503593&sr=1-1&keywords=cheap+sled

• Like 1

My kids love condiment-style squeeze bottles for drawing in the snow with water dyed with food coloring. My 4-year-old remembers from a year ago and asked if we could do it this year too :).

I have a designated tutu, scarves, hats, buttons, etc. that they're allowed to use for snow people and leave outside.