Menu

Which fitness tracker?

EmmaNZ

I want to count steps. But I also want some sort of recognition for the other active things that we do - cycling, horse riding, aerobics etc. Any suggestions??

I love my Fitbit.  I don't have the heart rate monitor and I need that since I have AFib....but otherwise it is perfect.  I have had it for a year.  The app is great.  Lots of info it tracks.

I love my Fitbit, too. Plus they have great customer service. I noticed my band was coming apart on my Fitbit Charge, so I contacted support, and they shipped my a new Alta. I loved my charge, but I think I love the Alta even more. It buzzes when I've been sitting too long and the band feels so much nicer on my wrist than the 

Charge did. I can swap out the band for different styles, and it has longer battery life. It doesn't count flights of stairs, though. I only noticed that yesterday, but I'm only interested in tracking steps. Supposedly the Alta automatically recognizes certain activities, but I've never looked into it. 

Thank you both - any recommendations as to which particular model??

I think mine is the Alta. I like it except I want the heart rate tracker. I was recently in the Fitbit site and they show what each one has....so it is easy to pick the model you want.

I have had mine almost exactly a year...and I FINALLY broke 10k steps. I had a lot of 9 K but never a 10k until the other day.

I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and I love it. It counts steps, records mileage, documents sleep patterns, gives heartrate and can record different types of exercise (cycling, weights, workout, run). It even has a guided relaxed breathing mode. It buzzes ten before the hour if you have been sedentary. This helps me when I’m at my office, because that buzz “makes†me get up and walk to the mailbox or, if the weather is inclement, I will actually just pace about the room.

The tracking has been especially helpful to me since the end of Daylight Savings Time and the onset of colder weather. I am realizing how much less walking I get in just because it is fewer hours of daylight and not as pleasant to go for a walk outside. It’s somewhat explaining to me why I tend to put on weight in the winter (along with more focus on foods and baking, of course). But it’s nice to be able to see clearly that I have only walked 4,500 steps, say, and if I want to meet my goals, I will have to bundle up in a coat, hat and gloves and go walk the driveway.

I have a Garmin 235.  I LOVE it.  It's more of a running/cycling watch than a pure fitness tracker, but it does steps and all-day HR.  It's good if you do distance-dependent activities, including hikes and things.  It's less good for standing still sports like aerobics or weight lifting, but you could tell it you were working out and still get your data recorded, just not sure how much analysis you'd get out of the software afterwards aside from time in heart rate zones.

I got it because the round watch face fit better on my teeny tiny wrist than the more elongated rectangular watch faces.