Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  I've got so much to do.  DS16 is getting his wisdom teeth out at 9:30 and I'm really hoping DH will take him and sit there.

-coffee

-DS16 valium at 8 am

-DS16 teeth extraction at 9:30

-laundry (at least 6 loads for us, 2 for DS13, and baseball stuff for DS16)

-library books MUST go back today

-cook cranberry sauce and muffins for Thanksgiving

-make sure turkey is thawing out on schedule

-parents come at noon and stay the night because they have a 5 am flight out of Tampa tomorrow

-shopping for a few last minute cruise things

-workout (not sure what is on schedule for today)

-try to get in the hot tub at some point because my legs and glutes are killing me

-make dinner (I bought a big ham a while ago and it has to be made soon)

-try on my dressier cruise clothes in front of my mom to get her opionions on outfits (I gained a few pounds in the last few weeks and I'm afraid stuff won't fit)

GAH!  I really, really hope DH will handle DS16's teeth today so I don't have to spend hours there waiting for him.

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning! I've got so much to do. DS16 is getting his wisdom teeth out at 9:30 and I'm really hoping DH will take him and sit there.

-coffee

-DS16 valium at 8 am

-DS16 teeth extraction at 9:30

-laundry (at least 6 loads for us, 2 for DS13, and baseball stuff for DS16)

-library books MUST go back today

-cook cranberry sauce and muffins for Thanksgiving

-make sure turkey is thawing out on schedule

-parents come at noon and stay the night because they have a 5 am flight out of Tampa tomorrow

-shopping for a few last minute cruise things

-workout (not sure what is on schedule for today)

-try to get in the hot tub at some point because my legs and glutes are killing me

-make dinner (I bought a big ham a while ago and it has to be made soon)

-try on my dressier cruise clothes in front of my mom to get her opionions on outfits (I gained a few pounds in the last few weeks and I'm afraid stuff won't fit)

GAH! I really, really hope DH will handle DS16's teeth today so I don't have to spend hours there waiting for him.

What a horrible day!

• Like 2

Make cranberry sauce and relish that I did not do yesterday.

Roast and peel chestnuts for stuffing.

Make Silver Palate carrot- orange soup. (The excellent pre-made soups at local store are all rich bisques, and I am trying to be healthy, except for the desserts.)

Roast sweet potatoes for cake I will make tomorrow.

Rake more leaves, continuing from yesterday.

• Like 4

Thanksgiving break!

Make cornbread.

Grocery for a few things. ✅

Yardwork.

Finish up grading and put school books away. ✅

Ds to/from scouts.

dinner - french onion soup and

kale salad with apples ✅ and yummy!!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Pretty usual Monday here. I'm planning to get a lot done today because tomorrow will be super busy - the horse vets are coming out to do dental work and various other things and will be here for most of the morning. Plus, I have to do my grocery shopping tomorrow afternoon because I couldn't handle facing the crowds over the weekend. 

•school

•office work (the plan is to get all my Nov. bills finished up today)

•menu plan & shopping list (I was supposed to do this last night but was too tired)

•dust and mop main floor

•laundry

•dinner: tacos

• Like 3

Another night of snoozing my alarm.  I am a broken record.  (Do most boardies even know what that is any more?)  I did get up a little before 5am and switched out the laundry, but then I went back to bed.

Kids had to run to catch the bus today - first time this year I think, and hopefully the last.  This is going to be a short week, and I think the kids are already on vacation mode.  One of them kept going back to bed.  I'm going to have to decide what her consequence will be, as I can't allow a pattern of kids needing to be chased every morning.

Now I'm supposed to be working.  I need some more coffee though.

I have a conference call later.  I am supposed to get a report out.  I'm also supposed to send out about 20 reports for another client.  Should be interesting.  Where's that coffee!?

This evening the kids have gymnastics & have to study for a grammar test.  Hopefully their homework load won't be too bad so they can go to bed on time.

• Like 3

Ordered printer ink and a Christmas gift on Amazon Prime Now.

Folded and put away one load of laundry.

Got a skirt on Ebay for dd.

Kids are still in bed, but beginning to wake up. Growing tweens sleep a lot!  

Worked on checking acct. reconciliation, but I'm off by about $15. missed a transaction somewhere. Tired of looking at it. I'll finish it tomorrow. 

Completed online sign-up for health ins and other benefits from dh's employer. Dental ins. is $$$, but still better than paying 100% out of pocket for braces! 

On to cornbread...

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Thus far I have:

- had breakfast and coffee

- made my bed (I yanked the sheet off one day and never put it back) and folded the extra blankets

- tidied my dresser and pens (and found 5 hairbands!)

- put away my laundry

- found out I really, really need to dust (that can wait until we decide on moving furniture)

- made 2 small bags of "Stuff and/or Papers to Sort After the Semester Ends" (some will get scanned and tossed, some needs a home)

To do:

- some leftover emailing + internet-based things 

- finish the reading for tomorrow. I have to "lead" the discussion this week... the rest of the class has mostly been summarizing, not discussing

- call Com(crap)cast and cancel some things, try to lower the bill

- confirm my archives appt

I need to either finish the work for one of my classes, or do some planning. 

Currently sat on the couch with an icepack (see, I'm resting, icing, and elevating (sort of)!). 

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

So much for my lazy start to Fall break. The IL’s nursing home called at 6:15. Yes, you read that right. What was the emergency? There was none. MIL had fallen some time yesterday but they waited until 6:15 in the morning to call to tell us that’s she’s fine. And try as I might, I couldn’t get back to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I took dd2 to the first of 3 practices today. And did part 1 of shopping for thanksgiving dinner. The turkey is thawing in dmil’s fridge and we chatted for a little while.

To do:

Make cranberry sauce

Pay some bills

Make a cooking plan for the next two days

Daily chores

Take dd2 to practice #2

Library while I wait

Take dd2 to practice #3

Bank/ other shopping while I wait

Have a great day!

• Like 3

I was boiling this morning and now I am freezing. Still on the couch but no icepak, and I have my leg up. I am behaving! 

I'm getting there with the re-grouping. I am in a better mood this week (but apparently I was also PMS-ing last week so that didn't help!)

Had some leftovers for lunch.

Watching Jurassic Park for approximately the 4641625th time.

Working on the readings. We haven't had much discussion this semester because no one will engage so I am a bit adrift.

I found out I was accepted as an exhibit guide volunteer at the aquarium today. 

I need to go find some socks! 

• Like 3

done:

cornbread

granola

printing next chapter of MM

snack

pet the dog

towels washed, dried and hung up

assessed Christmas gift stockpile and ordered two more gifts

onions for soup cooking

Kids went to go help a neighbor.  :D

Why is it fun to work at someone else's house and so hard to work at home?!   ;)  :p

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3