Menu

What's with the ads?

Terabith

Text Conversation with my 12 year old dyslexic

12 year old:  How do you spell enstrucshens?

Me:  Instructions

12 year old:  I'm righting.

Me:  Cool

12 year old:  Spelling is hard.

Me:  It is.  What are you writing?

12 year old:  A back story for Flora.

Me:  Who is Flora?

12 year old:  My newest careictor.  (Dungeons and Dragons)

• Like 7

LOL

This sounds so much like my 11 yr old. Always asking me how to spell stuff. But usually with texting auto correct works ok. And she loves creating characters for stories, too. Not D and D though. She's in to Warrior Cats by Erin Hunter. She creates her own clans. ;)

That's so great that she isn't letting her spelling challenges hold her back. What a tenacious young woman. I bet you're really proud of her. :)

Both my kids are big fans of the Warriors books, too.  Autocorrect and word prediction works for some things for them, but like instructions, if you start off with the wrong letter, it isn't going to work well.

• Like 1

Sounds like my 16 year old!  Once, my husband wrote the same word incorrectly three times in one paragraph and Word had no ideas for how to properly spell any of them.  Dyslexia is fun lol

• Like 1