Menu

Question about beef

Elizabeth86

Marinate it overnight, then grill or broil medium rare. Slice thinly against the grain. Our favorite is to marinate in soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and cilantro. I serve this with steamed rice, stir-fried veggies, and a sauce that’s just a ton of garlic (4-6 cloves) boiled in beef broth, puréed til smooth and occasionally thickened with soy sauce. Dh thinks it’s important to top with crunchy noodles, but I don’t think they really matter.

If you prefer Mexican flavors, marinate in garlic, lime, and peppers and serve like fajitas.

Yes a good cut if you don’t overlook it. You want it pink.

• Like 4

Marinate it overnight, then grill or broil medium rare. Slice thinly against the grain. Our favorite is to marinate in soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and cilantro. I serve this with steamed rice, stir-fried veggies, and a sauce that’s just a ton of garlic (4-6 cloves) boiled in beef broth, puréed til smooth and occasionally thickened with soy sauce. Dh thinks it’s important to top with crunchy noodles, but I don’t think they really matter.

If you prefer Mexican flavors, marinate in garlic, lime, and peppers and serve like fajitas.

Yes a good cut if you don’t overlook it. You want it pink.

Well that sounds delicious, thanks!

Yes, there you go!

You can also slice it against the grain thinly while it's raw, and use it in a stir fry if you like Chinese food.  Beef with broccoli is my husband's favorite.

If you marinate it in a mixture of red wine and olive oil, and then sauté up some shallots and pan fry it in the same pan, you can take it out and keep it warm in the oven, whisk in some heavy cream and some Dijon mustard and tarragon, and you'll have a fantastic gravy for it.

Either way, don't overcook it--you do want it pink or it will get tough.

• Like 3