Menu

Anybody Have a Possessed iPhone?

umsami

My iPhone 6 has been acting really weird lately.  It will randomly open apps and stuff....or when I'm driving with Waze, all of a sudden it will act like I'm touching the screen and changing the route.  Other times, it's totally frozen and doesn't recognize my touch.

Any ideas? Advice?

I have an iPhone7 that had touch screen issues. It just completely stopped working one day. I mean, COMPLETELY unresponsive. Since it was less than a year old, Apple warranty fixed it, but I was without it for a week while I sent it back since I don't an Apple Store nearby. Apple acted like they had no clue what the problem was but it got fixed in the end. I hope that is not the problem with yours! Maybe try a hard reset?

• Like 1

Yes, there is a problem with the screen. Mine was doing that where it would take a very long time to recognize a touch and/or I would touch it in one place and it would open an app on the other side of the screen. Mine would also get "stuck" and not respond at all.

I was told that the digitizer(not sure if that is the correct part) was going out and for the price of replacing that part it was better to replace the phone.

Edited by City Mouse
  • Like 1

My iPhone 6 has been acting really weird lately.  It will randomly open apps and stuff....or when I'm driving with Waze, all of a sudden it will act like I'm touching the screen and changing the route.  Other times, it's totally frozen and doesn't recognize my touch.

Any ideas? Advice?

Mine did this for awhile until I figured out that there was a nearby bluetooth enabled keyboard that it was picking up. The keyboard was in a drawer and occasionally it would get turned on when someone would put something else in the drawer. Then the phone would pick up the keyboard and randomly open things and I’d see typing appear. It freaked me out until I figured it out. :) 

Maybe it’s somehow picking up or interacting with another device? 

• Like 2

My iPhone 5's screen freezes or the message and contact icon open to reveal only blank screens and the keypad for the phone won't work either. It likes to do this when I am under time pressure and need information on when and where to meet someone or when there is confusion about the pick up schedule for my child. Luckily I haven't had to dial 911. I am sure it would do the same. Hard restarts or turning on and off do nothing. It usually fixes itself in about 45 minutes, ensuring that I am late, in the wrong place, or miss my friends entirely. It also refuses to speak to my computer and so can't be updated at home.

I am seriously considering going back to my Motorola flip phone which only calls and texts. I do not need an expensive device that fails in its most basic duties and needs constant tending.

• Like 1