Menu

What's with the ads?

PrincessMommy

Gutter Guards... leaf issues.

we bought a house with many mature trees surrounding us.  My son cleaned out the gutters and less than a week later the gutters were filled and pouring rain was called for in forecast.  

I'm looking at gutter guards and looking for experience.

A friend recommended the the sponge kind = You can install them yourself and you lay it in the gutter.  The leaves just lay on top and blow away.

The other is the aluminum kind that takes a little more to install - need to screw them in place.  They are-of course- more expensive.  Same idea- they have holes in them so the water flows into the gutters but the leaves stay on top.

They both seems to have mixed reviews. 

My neighbor had the really expensive ones put in and had constant problems. It’s a lot harder to clean out if they do get clogged. Birds somehow got into the gutters and nested in there too. Such a pain. We have the mesh covers and while not perfect, it’s more manageable.

We just had seamless gutters with leaf guards installed.  Just about a month ago.  Leaves are falling like crazy, so I don't yet know if it will be difficult or not to keep gutters cleaned.  Hmmmm...

• Like 1