Menu

Why did my last thread get a one star rating? Was it that bad?

I don't understand the star thing. According to the FAQ section a one star means dismal. So what does no stars mean? How do we vote?:(

At the top of the thread, there is a box where you can "rate this thread". For some reason I've noticed totally innocuous threads being rated, and I don't know why :(.

If you're talking about the broomball thread, I didn't think it was bad at all! I learned a little something and thought broomball sounded fun :D. Although I'd probably wear a helmet and pads :eek:.

Is that confusing or what? LOL!

I always assume if someone took the time to rate it, then there must be something interesting about it. If there are no stars, I assume it's a typical post, one star would indicate (to me) that it was interesting and it's uniqueness, relevancy, or whatever increases proportionally up to five stars which is a "post not to be missed".

I'm not too sure I like the rating and reps thing, anyway. At least not anonymously. I think that if you are going to rate or rep, courtesy would be to leave a reason why or at least a name.