Menu

Where do you buy your jeans?

Alicia64

I've been shopping at Ann Taylor Loft for years. I can walk in, pick up a pair of jeans without trying them on and be fine.

Today I went to the Loft and the jeans have gigantic cuffs at the bottom, or are too "skinny" or a super light denim color.

I just want jeans. No weird hem. Not too skinny. In a basic mid-wash color.

Where should I go?

Alley

Try online if their sizing is fairly consistent. They may have styles online that are not in stores.

For a walk in and buy something with minimal effort....I buy at Express because they make them long enough for my legs. :0)

Edited by Tap
  • Like 2

I know what size I wear at Eddie Bauer and they have a short leg length available (which is probably still 30"--not super short). They fit well and are flattering for me. I was recently in Old Navy and like the different colors of the rock star jeans but every pair of pants I tried on there was just not flattering on me.

I like Loft too.  (I've always gotten the same brand.  Often if you can't find them in the stores, you can find them online.)

Gap original straight leg jeans are nice.  

I've also found jeans I like at Lands' End and Banana Republic. 

I like the NYDJ jeans that I can get at department stores like Macy's.

I buy most of my jeans at Marshall’s because I tend to sit on the rough cement floor at parks and so I don’t want to spend more than $15 per pair. I need petite short jeans so the probability of finding a pair that is small waisted and short is higher at Marshall’s and Nordstrom Rack. If I am lucky, I can find size 2P Short on sale at Levi’s online. My size is odd (24x26 or 0/2P) so I find it hard to shop online. The most consistent fit for my boys has been Levi’s jeans but it cost more if I buy the correct size. For example my DS12 wears 26x28 but that cost a lot more so he make do with 28x28 (which is often on sale) with a belt.

I like Eddie Bauer too.   I like the boyfriend cut, and I buy them at the outlet when they go on sale.

My dd really likes Old Navy, but their jeans don't fit me right.   It's hard to find pants that fit correctly.   It makes me long for the days where everyone sewed their own shapeless long dress to wear.   :001_smile:

• Like 1

I usually get Gloria Vanderbilt petite jeans at Kohl's. It's the only brand I've found that's short enough that I don't need to have them hemmed and they fit me well overall. Plus I'm pretty active and hard on jeans, and those aren't very expensive if I wear them out quickly.

• Like 1

Walmart, Kohls, or Sears usually.  I like Lees Classic jeans and not many places carry them anymore.  Seems everyone else likes various decorations on theirs or fancy leg patterns or similar.  I just want plain ole basic jeans that fit and don't cost much, preferably also not stretching much because on me, the stretchy kind fits for the first 15-20 minutes, then feels way too loose and I'm not at all fond of belts. I don't even own one. 

The ponies seem ok with them - as do the kids at school on Fridays (casual Friday).  At least none of them laugh.  If they want to think of me as "old," I'm ok with that!

FWIW, "Creekland" and "Fashion Conscious" belong on opposite ends of the spectrum.   :lol:

Various places.  Old Navy, Walmart, Kohl's, Marshalls, etc.

One thing that annoys me about Old Navy is they no longer seem to carry petites.  They have a sign that says more sizes at Old Navy dot com.  Well hargs...I still like to try stuff on!! 

Kohl's has a huge selection.  So that's a good place to try if you have that store.

I usually get Gloria Vanderbilt petite jeans at Kohl's. It's the only brand I've found that's short enough that I don't need to have them hemmed and they fit me well overall. Plus I'm pretty active and hard on jeans, and those aren't very expensive if I wear them out quickly.

These used to be my jeans, too, but now I am in the elastic-waist pull-on Mom jeans from Walmart :-( 

Speaking of pockets.... :glare:   I recently bought 2 pairs of jeans that have mock front pockets.  So basically it looks like there are pockets, but there aren't.  I didn't even think of it when I bought them and didn't notice until I got them home, washed them, and then wore them and went to put something in my pocket!  Live and learn, but what on earth?!  No damn pockets?!  And I don't carry a purse.  Grrrr

It's a damn conspiracy I tell you!

• Like 1

Speaking of pockets.... :glare:   I recently bought 2 pairs of jeans that have mock front pockets.  So basically it looks like there are pockets, but there aren't.  I didn't even think of it when I bought them and didn't notice until I got them home, washed them, and then wore them and went to put something in my pocket!  Live and learn, but what on earth?!  No damn pockets?!  And I don't carry a purse.  Grrrr

It's a damn conspiracy I tell you!

I will definitely never buy jeans without good pockets.  Like you, I don't carry a purse so I need decent pockets.  They are one thing I've learned to check out in the fitting room.

If I had those you just bought, they'd be at the thrift store by the end of the week and I'd be grumbling at my oversight.  I feel for you!

• Like 1

I've been shopping at Ann Taylor Loft for years. I can walk in, pick up a pair of jeans without trying them on and be fine.

Today I went to the Loft and the jeans have gigantic cuffs at the bottom, or are too "skinny" or a super light denim color.

I just want jeans. No weird hem. Not too skinny. In a basic mid-wash color.

Where should I go?

Alley

I now buy Gloria Vanderbilt's Amanda jeans.  My shape has shifted to fit those jeans comfortably, and I can find colors without the fake fading that I loathe so much.  We have Kohl's stores here, but these jeans are carried by many different stores.

• Like 1

JCPenny carries the Levis that fit me. It is the only thing I go into that store for.

I used to be able to find my old style at Goodwill, but that takes some time. Last time I payed attention I estimated 800 pairs of jeans to sort through, 160 in my size, 30 worth trying on. I don't often have that kind if time lately. Plus my preferred style has changed a bit and seems harder to find. Now they have reorganized by size, maybe that will help.