Menu

Crafty People: I want to turn a large picture frame into a bulletin board or ????

umsami

I have this old gigantic painting in a lovely frame that no longer works for our house. 

I'd love to turn it into a  framed magnetic board (metal), ,cork board, white board, something ???  Would like to be able to put up family quotes (that change), schedules, etc.

I am not crafty at all.  It would need to be easy to do and easy to hang.  Any ideas out there??? 

I just converted one into a flannel board! Take a look on how exactly the painting is mounted onto the frame. I decided to just wrap the existing painting in dark blue canvas, so the painting wouldn't show through. I was able to replicate the mountings (just small nail-like pins, which I bent getting it out) and BOOM ugly painting that sat in storage is now a fun flannel board.

Since I had a large size, I sewed a brown tree on (working with dark colors to hide the painting). I made fall colored leaves that dd LOVES putting on the tree and then making them all fall down. I plan to get some snowflakes for a winter scene.

• Like 1