Menu

Well, there you have it then! You have a valid reason to leave the bed right where it is! Can you rearrange anything else to achieve what you want?

Chelle

Probably, because what I really want is change.

Dh teases me because I never leave things in one place too long. He likes things to remain the same, I like to change. My compromise to him all these years is the bed has remained in the same spot...his compromise to me was to buy me all new pulls for the kitchen so things would be different. maybe I'll buy some paint.

Is your bed against the wall or do you have two open sides? If it is against the wall, who has to sleep by the wall? Our bed has always been near the wall and I always have "wall duty" I'm thinking of rearranging the furniture, but don't know how I'd like not having the wall.

Too difficult to make up bed when it is against a wall. Do I have to say how seldom this would be a problem for me?

Ours is open on both sides. My bedroom growing up was 12 x 9 and I always had to have the bed against the wall. As an adult I never had had it against the wall.

It's a pain to make, we have a king size bed and I'm short, and I like to roll out of bed, not crawl over someone. :001_smile:

For most of our marriage we had open sides . However, a couple years ago we switched bedrooms with ds so he would have more room to spread out with his legos and trains and such. Our bedroom is tiny. The bed only fits in there one way, in a corner. Poor dh gets the wall side because I often have to visit the bathroom in the middle of the night. He really hates climbing over me but agrees it's the way things need to be managed for now.

Open sides. Even in our first house where the room was 12 X 14 we had open sides. In that house I slept furthest from the door...and when we moved I assumed I still would. Nope. The bed in our new house is on the opposite wall as the old house and turns out dh 'can't' (ha!) sleep on the right hand side of the bed. So now I sleep closet to the door.

And yes, beds against the wall are too hard to make.

• 10 months later...
I would do everything I could not to push one side up against a wall. We each have a nightstand with a light and a clock-radio. I also have a telephone.

I always sleep on the side further from the bedroom door. Why? I dunno :-)

It is because that way if the monkeys come during the middle of the night they will take Mr. Ellie instead of you? (I was just feeling random)

It is against the wall for 2 reasons. One being my computer station is next to the bed against the other wall and there is not enough room to have the bed in the middle with it there. And 2nd I co sleep with dd, and prefer having her between the wall and me and have always preferred that.

Our king sized bed is right next to the kids' pop-up daybed, so we essentially have a double king-sized bed going in our "dorm." I am second one in...I don't have to climb over anyone to get out though -- I just go out the bottom of the bed (low footboard). :)

... since I am single ... but my bed is up against the wall and if there was any other way to arrange it, it wouldn't be against the wall. I do have a row of pillows between me and the wall though (for the reason someone else mentioned here ... walls are cold).

We have an open bed arangement. Usually there is a door to the bedroom and one to the bathroom. I almost always get tne one next to the bathroom, unless of course it also turns out to be next to a large plate class window. For some strange reason this almost always put me on my hubby's beft side. Not quite sure how that worls out but it has for the past 20 years.

Our bed is not against the wall because neither of us like to crawl over the other to get out of bed (and with my bladder issues, it would not be pretty;)). My kids' beds are against the walls because it works better for their small rooms and because they are not sharing their twin beds. Making the bed isn't that much of an issue with a twin bed - all they have to do is pull it a few inches from the wall.