Menu

What's with the ads?

hornblower

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

Oh, hornblower, I am so sorry to read this. You are truly one of my favorite posters here, one with whom I imagine being friends in some magical realm beyond the internet. I’m holding you in the light. Are there clinical trials you might be eligible for? Sending love and hope! 💓💓💓

• Like 1

So sorry about the update.  Prayers for you and hopes for best outcomes possible.

I'm sorry too. There are no words I can come up with anymore when someone says these things they are going through. Having been in the mire with it with my husband last year I know how I felt ...We love you and we care about you deeply. Be thinking about you today and sending positive vibes your way. 🐶 

• Like 1

Hornblower, I just went back to check your blog.  I'm sorry there wasn't better outcome of the lung tissue.   I hope you get some good results from the bone scan.  Mostly, I  hope they come up with a good plan for you.  Prayers and hugs.

• Like 3

Oh, well, shit. I have been pushing against a deadline at work and haven't had time to keep up with the boards at all, meaning I just saw this news tonight.

All I can say is that this sucks beyond words and that I will be thinking of you and your family,

• Like 1

Horn blower, I am so, so sorry to read this crappy update. 
Solidarity to my fellow warrior. 

F**k cancer. I am so so sorry, Hornblower. I am sending you love and light, and many prayers for strength and healing. ❤️

On 2/16/2020 at 10:38 PM, hornblower said:

So, deep breath........

my cancer is back and it has spread 

almost exactly 26 months after my surgery after which I was supposedly 'cancer free' and the 5 months of chemo and all the radiation which was just to sweep up any stray cells, it's back. We know it's in my lung and a lymph node. Still waiting to find out if it's spread to any other places. Biopsy of the lung mass on Tuesday. 

I'm on 'reading break' this week but will have to make decisions about school. I'm  1/2 way through my BSN

I've been mostly sleeping, crying and watching bad tv for a week. I have literally barely moved.

I'm not sure how much I'll be online here; I will try to update the blog. I took the password off. It's nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.com

(eta: my email is mistressofthehounds and it is at the very very very large search engine company if anyone would like to write privately. If there are questions I could answer those in later posts on the blog )

xoxo

I am so sorry to hear this update.  I'm praying for you and for you to have strength and some good news soon.