Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update to say I'm doing well right now. Had another hospitalization for 5 days a few weeks ago but now we've switched to the second part of my chemo regimen and so far it's been much more tolerable.  9 more weeks of weekly treatments, then a small break, then radiation, and then I'll be done (sometime in September I'm guessing?) 

Olive, the adolescent mouthy jumpy leaping chewing labramonster puppy, has been making me laugh, making me run after her, and keeping me busy, so in other words, I'm thrilled with her! 

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm doing fine! Just haven't had time to login much here.  Also, kinda overwhelmed with political stuff so I've been hiding a bit, kwim?  ?

(omg, I just found there's emojis again!!!!!) 

I only have 4 more weekly chemo sessions scheduled! The end of chemo is in sight! & there's a chance we might end early as I'm just starting to show some peripheral neuropathy, a (usually temporary but sadly, very occasionally, permanent) side effect of this drug. Depending on how it progresses they sometimes decide to cancel the last few treatments.
After chemo finishes I'll get a small break & then I will have a month of daily radiation treatments.

I'm signed up for a BSc in nursing program starting in September. Registered for classes and everything!!!!  Guys, I'm SO nervous about it!  School! Full time! Being the ancient person in class! Will I be able to keep up?  Eeeeek. ?   Also the occasional - um, do I really want to do this??? What was I thinking, exactly??? lol   I haven't paid my fees yet & technically right up to September I could defer my admission to January so I'm keeping that as an option just in case I really get cold feet or I just don't feel up to starting in Sep. 

Physically these second phase rounds of chemo have been easier. No nausea (but no taste or sense of smell either so everything is kind of meh) and other than the tiny bit of numbness starting I've been fine. Fatigue is starting to catch up to me (it's cumulative on chemo) but so long as I get a good night's sleep I'm managing ok. I walk every day and while my blood counts have been too low to go to group classes, I try to workout at home. Gotta keep dancing & doing a Zumba wiggle ? My eyebrows and eyelashes all fell out a couple weeks after I started this new chemo, but my hair is actually trying to grow. Think bald blonde baby crossed with a kiwi fruit & that's my very silly looking head right now.  It's all good - just makes me laugh...

Our new dog Olive continues to amuse me and keep me busy. She's got a bit of separation anxiety which I need to crash course fix before September as all of us will be in school or working then so she'll need to be alone for at least part of some days. And the old guy Darwin is still hanging on & reminds me to appreciate every day. 

I miss chatting with you all so I'll be checking in more frequently ?

• Like 43

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, those following my blog will already know the last weeks of chemo are kicking my butt. It's been a long slog since Feb 15 and I'm suddenly so tired, and also dealing with 'something' that needs biopsying in the other breast. Last chemo is scheduled for July 19 and then a biopsy on July 26

Send all the good vibes and virtual chocolate. 

(if anyone doesn't have the blog or the password, maybe ask someone on this thread. I give permission to give blog & password to anyone who looks like a legit member. I probably won't be back online this week as I'm netflix binging between med appointments.  thx my friends ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 16

2 minutes ago, hornblower said:

Hi everyone, those following my blog will already know the last weeks of chemo are kicking my butt. It's been a long slog since Feb 15 and I'm suddenly so tired, and also dealing with 'something' that needs biopsying in the other breast. Last chemo is scheduled for July 19 and then a biopsy on July 26

Send all the good vibes and virtual chocolate. 

(if anyone doesn't have the blog or the password, maybe ask someone on this thread. I give permission to give blog & password to anyone who looks like a legit member. I probably won't be back online this week as I'm netflix binging between med appointments.  thx my friends ?

I hope the “something” turns out to be NOTHING.

Still praying for you every day.

• Like 4

Thank you for the update!  I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing.  I think I once had your blog info, but for some reason I don't anymore.  I would love to follow your progress.  If someone would be able to PM with the info, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Wishing all the very, very best for you!  I'll be praying for an upward swing.

Hornblower!  Thanks for your updates!  Hugs to you and prayers!  Olive - how cute.  So glad you have her!  We're looking to adopt our 3rd yellow lab.  I've been looking at adopting one with our specifics but can't find any! 

Keep us updated on YOU and OLIVE!  :biggrin:

• 1 year later...

So, deep breath........

my cancer is back and it has spread 

almost exactly 26 months after my surgery after which I was supposedly 'cancer free' and the 5 months of chemo and all the radiation which was just to sweep up any stray cells, it's back. We know it's in my lung and a lymph node. Still waiting to find out if it's spread to any other places. Biopsy of the lung mass on Tuesday. 

I'm on 'reading break' this week but will have to make decisions about school. I'm  1/2 way through my BSN

I've been mostly sleeping, crying and watching bad tv for a week. I have literally barely moved.

I'm not sure how much I'll be online here; I will try to update the blog. I took the password off. It's nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.com

(eta: my email is mistressofthehounds and it is at the very very very large search engine company if anyone would like to write privately. If there are questions I could answer those in later posts on the blog )

xoxo

Edited by hornblower
  • Sad 80