Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

I hope everyone is doing ok and getting good news.

Mine was not good. Invasive mammary cancer. I'm seeing a surgeon today. I'm so sad & scared

& mad! I had to withdraw from my school right before exams.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that if surgery is in your immediate future, that it goes well and they are able to get clear margins. Praying for an easy recovery and the best possible outcome. Gentle side hugs!

• Like 4

Hornblower--my BFF had a clear mammo and then a few months later was diagnosed with invasive cancer in one breast (many ducts affected) and a HER + lump in the other breast. Two different types of cancer in two different breasts. There was some lymph involvement. Surgery, chemo, rad.....and several years later, other than having to take daily hormone suppressors, she is fine.

This is hard news, especially during a time when many people are celebrating happy holidays, but there is hope.

• Like 13

So sorry to hear this, hornblower. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I was in your shoes with the same sort of invasive BC diagnosis 2 1/2 years ago. I remember the shock...& the "this can't be happening to me" feeling.

But...I survived those months of treatment & came out the other side. Today my life is completely normal again apart from a daily hormone repressing pill and regular doctor visits. You will make it through, too!!

I'm still praying for you here.

• Like 23

Sorry to hear you had to go down this rabbit trail....one thing to remember is the internet is full of statistics, quite a bit outdated and quite a bit not applicable to your specific case, so don't put a lot of time into worrying at this point.  One thing friends who have gone down this trail recommend is getting any dental work that has been delayed finished.  

I'm sorry you had to withdraw...wish I could go to the Dean with you and get incompletes. 

Actually just checked my school mail and got msg from one of my profs that they're working on processing them as incompletes for now. 

re dental stuff - I have frigging braces on. I'm about 6 months away from end of ortho treatment. So it's on my list to sort out. Might pull them off & have bonded retainers put in for a bit. I don't know. And yeah, I've heard too that chemo takes a toll on teeth so my dentist will need to be involved. 

• Like 5

I'm so sorry, Hornblower.

But I'm glad you're getting in to see a surgeon so quickly. DH was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. It completely sucks. While there's absolutely nothing good about it, it did help him (and all of us) to get the surgery scheduled and know we had a plan.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 5

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Best wishes, Hornblower. My oldest dd went through this 2 years ago. Not fun. But she is cancer-free now and is feeling healthy and back to normal. I'm glad to hear you can see a surgeon right away. Talking to the doctors helped as they were always so compassionate and reassuring. 

• Like 4