Menu

Common App question

luna

I am confused by the question for me, the counselor, on the Common Application that asks. “How many transcripts can you provide?â€

What does this mean? Wouldn’t I just be providing one? There will be several coming from other places dd has taken courses. Do I include those, even though I’m not the one providing them? Thanks for any help you may have.

• Like 2

Will you be sending Course Descriptions and a Reading List?  If so, that is where you would upload those documents.  In that case, you would upload "3" transcripts.

ETA: Are those other transcripts being sent directly to the colleges?

Edited by lisabees
  • Like 1

I thought course descriptions would go under the other spots that ask about courses taken elsewhere and the school report. I consider transcript to me something that includes grades. And yes, the other transcripts will be sent directly from the source.

I thought course descriptions would go under the other spots that ask about courses taken elsewhere and the school report. 

But your home taught courses would not go under "courses taken elsewhere." There is also no space to upload a file there.

Several of us here uploaded course descriptions as a second transcript. It works quite well this way; this information is not easily placed within the school profile.

• Like 1