Menu

I love when I have leftover _________ to _____________.

Ann.without.an.e

Fill in the blanks.  Just for fun.

I love when I have leftover mashed potatoes to thicken potato soup.

I love when I have leftover diced onions to save me the tears of chopping fresh ones.

What do you love to have leftover of :)

Edited by Attolia

I love when I have leftover baked potatoes so I can make hash - which isn't typical of most recipes out there with bacon, potato, chopped onion, eggs, and grated cheese to finish. My kids love it! It's the only meal everyone will eat.

Fry a few slices of bacon on medium high heat. Remove bacon to drain on paper towel while leaving grease in pan. Add diced onion and cook until translucent. Add peeled baked potatoes and break up with fork until it's in small bite size pieces. Crack a few eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and scramble. Shove the onion and potatoes to the outside edges of the skillet and pour in the egg. Scramble until cooked. Add crumbled bacon and grated cheddar cheese. Take off heat and stir until cheese is melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve.

Edited by ErinE
  • Like 1

I love to have leftover water on my hands to flick at whichever kid is hovering when I'm at the sink.

I love to have leftover cookie batter to lick off of the spoon

I love to have leftover change to play an impromptu game of heads or tails. I have a record to beat LOL. 

ETA: I'm not a food person other than the aforementioned cookie dough! But here's an answer more in line with the thread:

I love to have leftover bread to sop up the juices from my meal.  :thumbup:

Edited by Rosika
  • Like 5

I love when I have leftover mental energy to spend on a hobby or interesting thing of MY choice.

This is a real thing?!?!  :drool5:

I feel like you've just rode into my life on a unicorn. This gives me hope. One day, .... perhaps .... {sigh} .....

• Like 6

I love when I have leftover baked potatoes so I can make hash - which isn't typical of most recipes out there with bacon, potato, chopped onion, eggs, and grated cheese to finish. My kids love it! It's the only meal everyone will eat.

Fry a few slices of bacon on medium high heat. Remove bacon to drain on paper towel while leaving grease in pan. Add diced onion and cook until translucent. Add peeled baked potatoes and break up with fork until it's in small bite size pieces. Crack a few eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and scramble. Shove the onion and potatoes to the outside edges of the skillet and pour in the egg. Scramble until cooked. Add crumbled bacon and grated cheddar cheese. Take off heat and stir until cheese is melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve.

We love this too!

My kids call it Pioneer Eggs, because they saw Ree make it on TV one day. 

• Like 2

Hash is always what we make when we have leftover corned beef :-)

I also ADORE leftover taco meat for nachos or burritos.

• Like 3

I love when I have leftover ginger-jalapeño sweet potatoes to make sweet potato black bean quesadillas.

I love when I have leftover gourmet cheese from a party to make grilled cheese.

I love when I have leftover brain space after my kids go to bed so I can read.

• Like 1

I’m stuck on the concept of leftover anything.

You just need bigger dishes to cook in. I own quite a few restaurant sized cooking vessels just so I can make leftovers.  I hate cooking for lunch so do everything in my power to make enough food for supper that everyone can eat if for lunch the next day.  But some days that does require an enormous amount of food (the other day I baked 10 pounds of potatoes for stuffed potatoes just to make sure we had enough for some lunches, I think only 3 pounds survived the first round of eating)

But for me not only having enough leftovers but ones that actually generate a couple of extra meals.  Like soup/stews/chilis.  I can get 3 meals out of them which translates to one less meal I have to cook on the weekend.

I love having enough leftover meat (and even that is only possible if I ration it the first time), that I can turn it into a stir fry or casserole rather than having to cook a meat fresh for those dishes.

I love having a secret stash of frozen dinners (yeah I actually like lean cuisine and stouffers) that I can eat when serving leftovers to the kids that I'm tired of eating (we eat lots of pasta and me and pasta don't agree all that well).

• Like 2

I love when I have leftover pizza to eat for breakfast. Cold. Love it.

I love when I have leftover chips. Because then I have to buy salsa, to go with the chips. Then I run out of chips and have leftover salsa, so I have to buy more chips. Then I descent into a downward spiral of deliciousness.

Same with margarita ingredients.

(Actually mostly kidding. I'm still working on baby weight, but a girl can dream!)

• Like 3

:iagree:  I understand the words Ali typed but not the concept. 

I love it when I have leftover time to veg.

There's no such thing as leftover brownies in my house! Unless I hide them as soon as I cut them.

I actually do have leftover brownies today, because I have discovered that the best brownie texture (not too dry, not too gooey) comes from making two boxes at once and baking them on a cookie sheet (instead of one box in an 8x8 pan). So we had 24 brownies yesterday and 12 went to the freezer--they're the leftovers. They're mostly gone now. But another bonus is that you don't need to thaw them--you can eat them right out of the freezer.

• Like 2

I love when I have leftover roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to eat cold for breakfast the next day. I love cold roasted veggies!

I love cold roasted veggies too!

I always wonder if I can serve them when I'm hosting an event, 'cause I'm all about prepping in advance. Then I wonder if others think cold roasted veggies are icky. I honestly have no idea, so I never wind up doing it.

• Like 2

We love this too!

My kids call it Pioneer Eggs, because they saw Ree make it on TV one day.

Hash is always what we make when we have leftover corned beef :-)

I also ADORE leftover taco meat for nachos or burritos.

Our family actually calls it scrapple, but online scrapple is a completely different thing. Hash was the closest recipe I could find for what I make.

You just need bigger dishes to cook in. I own quite a few restaurant sized cooking vessels just so I can make leftovers. I hate cooking for lunch so do everything in my power to make enough food for supper that everyone can eat if for lunch the next day. But some days that does require an enormous amount of food (the other day I baked 10 pounds of potatoes for stuffed potatoes just to make sure we had enough for some lunches, I think only 3 pounds survived the first round of eating)

But for me not only having enough leftovers but ones that actually generate a couple of extra meals. Like soup/stews/chilis. I can get 3 meals out of them which translates to one less meal I have to cook on the weekend.

I love having enough leftover meat (and even that is only possible if I ration it the first time), that I can turn it into a stir fry or casserole rather than having to cook a meat fresh for those dishes.

I love having a secret stash of frozen dinners (yeah I actually like lean cuisine and stouffers) that I can eat when serving leftovers to the kids that I'm tired of eating (we eat lots of pasta and me and pasta don't agree all that well).

Oh, it’s not the size of the vessels. I own multiple 9x13 pans, a massive cast iron Dutch oven and a 15†cast iron skillet, and two instant pots, one of which is an 8 quart. It’s more that good grief, my family of seven can eat a lot, and meat is expensive. Lol.

I actually do have leftover brownies today, because I have discovered that the best brownie texture (not too dry, not too gooey) comes from making two boxes at once and baking them on a cookie sheet (instead of one box in an 8x8 pan). So we had 24 brownies yesterday and 12 went to the freezer--they're the leftovers. They're mostly gone now. But another bonus is that you don't need to thaw them--you can eat them right out of the freezer.

My previous statement still stands.  :lol:

• Like 1

I love when I have LEFTOVER GREEK POTROAST to turn into BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP.

Greek pot roast- sear toast, add 20 cloves of garlic, diced tomatoes and tons of dried oregano plus salt and pepper. Cook in crockpot till fall apart tender. Serve over rice.

Use leftover meat with red wine, beef stock, worchestershire, oregano, herbs de Provence, aromatic veggies with garlic as base, cauliflower, green beans, cabbage. YUM.