Menu

Received an email about Amazon reviews. Thoughts?

Tohru

ETA: Received from getresponse.com

What are your thoughts? Is this legit, spam, or scam?

"It's time we talk about your Amazon reviews

Hey,

I've read some of your reviews on Amazon and want to work with you.

What are your thoughts on writing reviews on Amazon for products provided to you for free?

I manage giveaways for some pretty exciting Amazon products, and would love the opportunity to work with you as a reviewer. These are some of the best selling and highest quality products on the marketplace.

As a limited time promotion I can offer you a $5 bonus in addition to recieving the review item free (as always) for joining and reviewing your first item!

Let me know if you're interested and I can send you information on how my review group works. Also if there are certain categories of products that you are most interested in reviewing I would love to hear that from you as well.

Looking forward to your response!"

Edited by Tohru

I know there were a lot of product reviews from people who received the product for free or heavily discounted in exchange for a "fair, honest review". Many products ended up with very high ratings because of this, when the regular reviews were much lower. Amazon took steps to end this practice last year, it looks like this person may be trying to get around that or continue the practice anyway.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/03/amazon-bans-incentivized-reviews-tied-to-free-or-discounted-products/

• Like 3

A lot of people review free products and I think it's allowed as long as they mention that they received the products for free or at a discount in exchange for their honest review.

Nobody ever sends me anything for free, so I have never done it.

I'll bet you could contact Amazon and ask if the people who contacted you are legitimate. Can you look them up and see if they are Amazon sellers?

• Like 1