Menu

Hi from Baltimore!!

Hey friends!! 

I just started homeschooling in June. My poor kids got a week off of school before picking up their books again and handled it SO well. 

My boys are 11 and 13. We'll be doing a bit of worldschooling in Mexico and various countries in Europe this year, since my photography job at home allows for travel in off months. 

This is my first time posting to a HS forum, so I'm a bit nervous and hope to make some good friends!

Leah

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

We are having a meet-up next week in Littlestown, Pa, if you are up for the drive. Depending on where you are coming from, it's probably an hour and a half drive or so for you. A pretty one this time of year!

Thanks!

When is the meetup? Littlestown is on the way to visit family, so it might be do-able!

• Like 1

Thanks!

When is the meetup? Littlestown is on the way to visit family, so it might be do-able!

Welcome to our neck of the woods, err, planet!

Here's a link to the meet-up thread:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/654148-update-in-post-1-meet-in-person-fall-2017-south-central-pa/

The nuts and bolts are in the first post.  We'd love to meet you!

You can see from my sig that I'm well past homeschooling, but once here, it's tough to leave. ;)

Welcome to our neck of the woods, err, planet!

Here's a link to the meet-up thread:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/654148-update-in-post-1-meet-in-person-fall-2017-south-central-pa/

The nuts and bolts are in the first post.  We'd love to meet you!

You can see from my sig that I'm well past homeschooling, but once here, it's tough to leave. ;)

Ah shoot, we're going to miss it. We have plans.

I just told my husband I want to homeschool my kids even after they get out of college -- & his response was that they'd probably be homeschooling me at that point ;). We lived a learning lifestyle before the kids were homeschooled and we will well after they leave the nest.

• Like 1

Ah shoot, we're going to miss it. We have plans.

I just told my husband I want to homeschool my kids even after they get out of college -- & his response was that they'd probably be homeschooling me at that point ;). We lived a learning lifestyle before the kids were homeschooled and we will well after they leave the nest.

Bummer about missing it, but I completely understand.

I learn a ton now from my college boys.  They still learn from me too.  We all share what we know or find out and have since their birth.  Discussions are our lives - quite the fun life!  When we stop learning we die IMO.