Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Wide awake here at 4:00 CDT. ugh.

Making my list now, then reading some HP.

Call the bank about fraudulent charges and get the correct card cancelled.  

Dd to tutorial.
School with ds.
Switch dog crates.
Clean a bathroom.
Meeting
School prep

Thrift store drop off

Grocery?

dinner - leftovers, since we didn't eat the meal I made yeterday.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Jean, I'm with you on the running out of ideas! Over 26 years of meal planning has just about run me out of ideas, too. I'm trying to use the crock pot a bit more because of ds' swim practice falling right at dinner time. Maybe we could share a few recipes once a week or so. I'll link below some I have tried in the last couple months. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

shower and get ready for day

meals

print some things for my tutoring students

school with ds

tutoring sessions

drop off ds at swim 

go to bible study

prep for tutoring session tomorrow

Sausage and Kale

Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, and Kale

Chili Pineapple Chicken

Chicken and Peppers

Crockpot Mexican Casserole

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!  DH is taking DS13 on our co-op field trip today (to see the NOAA Hurricane Hunter facility and airplanes) so I thought I'd have a day all to myself, but sadly I'm quickly being overtaken by things that need to get done.

-coffee

-get DS16 out the door for school

-workout (1 hour interval cardio training that will kick my butt)

-Publix

-three different library branches to pick up books for DS13's WTMA writing project - only made it to one

-read 5 chapters of Great Expectations to catch up with DS13 for literature class

-dentist appointment at 1:30

-DS16 to dermatologist at 3:45 (he is taking himself)

-DS16 school baseball practice at 5:30-8

-dinner

-DS16 homework

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning!

It is chilly (40*) and pouring rain, so horse chores were not much fun this morning. Snow is in the forecast for this weekend - yay! I'll take snow over cold rain any day.

•school

•office work (paperwork for company retirement plan, financial stuff)

•dust & vacuum whatever needs it

•a couple loads laundry 

•go through magazine pile on dining room table

•order more horse bedding and maybe grain (need to check how much I have on hand)

•dinner: mustard roasted salmon with sweet potato fries and roasted asparagus

•watch hockey tonight 

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Some Christmas shopping in the wee hours!

Got the kids up & off to school on time.

Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.

Caught up on social media.

Work work work work - some new deadlines have arisen and I'm on the late side with some old ones.

Send in my CLE request already.

Pay some bills.

Kid to horse riding.

Both kids and me to TKD, I hope.

Kids' homework & test study.

Clean out bird cage.

Get things ready for Wednesday morning.

Read-aloud?

Kids to bed.

Work.

• Like 7

Good morning! Busy day today. I am not sure that I will have much time to knock off another big chore today. But I will try-need to get the house in shape for the winter.

Dd2 has a terrible cold and is currently embroiled in stupid girl drama. Why is it that the "nice" girls are the most passive aggressive? As dd2 says, at least the mean girls will be mean to your face and you know what is wrong and where you stand.

To do:

ds2 to cc

ds3 up and working

try to get one chore in..clean freezer? clean dryer vents? back patio?

dd2 to sports physical (registration for high school swimming started)

dd2 back to school

jen things if time

ds3 bike to tennis

dd2 pick up/swim

ds2 to judo (my turn)

quiche and salad for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 6

I am worn out with drama with ds lately. 

It's a glorious fall day and I think it would be plain wrong to spend most of it inside.

So I let him sleep til he woke, which was 8:45! 

He did piano, Bible, literature and math. I'm calling it enough. Time to play outside!! 

So I can do stuff around the house and he is happy. 

• Like 4

I feel like I get a lot done and then I crash in the evenings.  It feels like I'm being lazy.  I'm not, but I obviously tend to do everything in the day time and my evenings are empty.  

School with kids

organize AHG stuff for meeting

Troop Hike

Troop Meeting

Pick up chocolate fountain

dinner out

Kohl's to buy dd tennis shoes

home before bed.... maybe

As for dinner ideas...I'm with you about making the same old stuff.   I have made more new things this month than in the last year!  Today I printed out a new recipe.  Nothing NEW to my family, but a different recipe in the way it's made.  I'm hoping the flavors are same enough but different enough to enjoy.  I'm also going to try Lentil soup.   I made a new tomato parmesan soup last week and even my meat boys like it!  For me it's about the motivation to cook something new.  I want new, just not the work of learning new LOL  But tonight I'm just grabbing a salad while out and about.  I'll cook at home the rest of the week

• Like 5

human care done

pet care done

medical care done including filing pill boxes for the week.  No refills necessary this time.

dishwasher emptied and contents put away.

dishwasher loaded again and running away.

Dd is chugging away on school.

Ds is chugging away on his paper for college.

Dealt with yard waste.

Dealt with recycling.

Next:  do handwashing in kitchen and wipe down the stove and counters for a sparkling finish. 

• Like 3

I feel like I get a lot done and then I crash in the evenings.  It feels like I'm being lazy.  I'm not, but I obviously tend to do everything in the day time and my evenings are empty.  

School with kids

organize AHG stuff for meeting

Troop Hike

Troop Meeting

Pick up chocolate fountain

dinner out

Kohl's to buy dd tennis shoes

home before bed.... maybe

As for dinner ideas...I'm with you about making the same old stuff.   I have made more new things this month than in the last year!  Today I printed out a new recipe.  Nothing NEW to my family, but a different recipe in the way it's made.  I'm hoping the flavors are same enough but different enough to enjoy.  I'm also going to try Lentil soup.   I made a new tomato parmesan soup last week and even my meat boys like it!  For me it's about the motivation to cook something new.  I want new, just not the work of learning new LOL  But tonight I'm just grabbing a salad while out and about.  I'll cook at home the rest of the week

Oh, we love lentil soup! I make it with bacon and cream and just a bit of sherry - so good on a cold night! 

I go in waves on new recipes, a bunch at one time and then none for weeks and weeks. Depends on how much energy I have to think about meals.  

• Like 3

Dd was playing with her artificial arm and now she's behind in actual scheduled school.  I'm reminding myself that being an autodidact and being enthusiastic about learning about intricacies of the circulation system etc. is good and that I really shouldn't be so rigid in my thinking.  I wasn't this rigid in my thinking until high school.  How did this happen?  I didn't plan for this to happen and it doesn't really fit my homeschool philosophy.

Load #1 is now in the dryer.  Load #2 is in the washing machine. 

• Like 2

All done for the day, whew! It was windy and wild and cold during chores tonight.

I decided to make homemade veggie pizza for dinner instead of salmon.

I'm waiting for my hockey game to start, but I'll probably miss most of it. It doesn't start until 9:00 and I'm usually conked out fast asleep by about 9:05.

• Like 2