Menu

Have you ever wondered what everyone here looks like? :-)

Meadowlark

OK. That's me. I'll leave it up for 24 hrs, lol. Then I might go back to my saw. This is from a couple of months ago.

eta that is very weird, seeing one's face everywhere. I don't like it!

Ok you are younger and darker than I imagined and although looks don't matter you are also quite gorgeous...

• Like 2

I shouldn't change my round saw then ?

That really threw me, btw. At least now I found this thread and know why you changed it.

First Scarlett changed her name, now this. Though, changed avatars are much harder on me.

ETA: I see Scarlett changed her name back, but has a new avatar. Girl, what are you trying to do to me?!

Edited by Sassenach
  • Like 6

This is me.

Somebody try that link and tell me if it worked.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105860559931929586521/albums/profile/6166288909296083378

And I speak with a stupid southern drawl that makes me cringe when I hear a recording of myself and my children say it gets thicker when I'm discussing cattle, horses, sheep or chickens.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 13

This is me.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105860559931929586521/albums/profile/6166288909296083378

And I speak with a stupid southern drawl that makes me cringe when I hear a recording of myself and my children say it gets thicker when I'm discussing cattle, horses, sheep or chickens.

You're a cutie. :)

This is me.

Somebody try that link and tell me if it works.

It works and includes your name.

I confess that I realized a while back that I just assume everyone on here either looks about like me, but with varying hair and eye color, or like my mom. Kinda like a poorly drawn picture book. I realized this when reading a weight loss thread and I thought, "That person doesn't need to lose that much weight!" before I realized I had no way of knowing that.

• Like 6

This is me.

Girl, you are beautiful and pretty much how I pictured you! 

No you don't. You look mellifluous :)

FYI I have standard AU city accent....not the outback kind! No 'g'day mate' from me!

I've wondered about AU accents a bit, actually, from watching tv.  I feel like I hear three - one really broad (the outback one I think), one sounds upper class British, and one kind of in the middle.  I've wondered if that's accurate, or the British sounding ones are actually British people.

• Like 2

I do have mental images of people here, often based on their avatar.  And I get confused when they change.

Everyone sounds Canadian to me.

I can't figure out pics here, so I don't know that I'll post - I don't know how I managed to get my avatar up in the first place.

I hate photographs of me - I'm so not photogenic. I had a hard time finding a picture of me on my hard drive or on facebook. Don't click below if you'd rather keep picturing me as a Shetland Sheepdog. :D

Here I am with youngest grandson who's now 3 years old. It was the most recent picture I could find. (Family members have pictures of me but I don't have any myself.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154943925880447&l=96199b1b57

An older but better photo at dss' wedding (father of above grandson). One of the rare decent photos ever in my life.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159326787760447&l=676007cf86

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 11

I form a picture of some people based on their avatars.  For example, one poster on here looks exactly like Ethyl Mertz.  :P  Another bears a striking resemblance to a young Vivien Leigh.

I picture some women as men based on the tone of their writing.  (Not saying who.)

How I look is, I have mixed brown and white hair, a little more than shoulder length; bluish/ hazelish eyes, thick eyebrows and a really long nose.  I mean really long.  And deep wrinkles between my eyebrows.  And dark circles under my eyes.  In short, you aren't missing anything by not seeing me.  :P

• Like 2

I was so giddy when I got married I posted a link to my wedding pics. Other than that I try to remain anonymous.

I do wonder what you all look like.

I remember those pictures!  You looked giddy with happiness in them!

My avatar is my silhouette.  I was learning photography back then and learning how to make silhouettes.  I used to have an avatar of a barbarian to go with the name of Garga.  When I met everyone at our PA meetup, Regguheert was surprised that I wasn't actually 6 feet tall with muscles and a spear.  :)  I had to get rid of the barbarian avatar when we were told we couldn't use images pulled from the internet.  

And FWIW, even though I'm very visual, I don't think much about what people look like unless they share their photos.  I identify people by their avatars.  Change your board name all you like, but leave those avatars alone!

I'd like to change my avatar, but whenever I try, my pictures is too big and I also don't want to confuse everyone with a new picture.  I don't really like the silhouette because it looks too much like the "your avatar here" picture that is the picture used when you don't add an avatar.  

Whenever we have a meetup in person, about 10 of us show up.  I have two pictures of us at the meetups here: https://dustylizard.wordpress.com/

The first picture you see on that blog is us.  Scroll down past my messy schoolroom to see the other picture of us.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2

I remember those pictures! You looked giddy with happiness in them!

My avatar is my silhouette. I was learning photography back then and learning how to make silhouettes. I used to have an avatar of a barbarian to go with the name of Garga. When I met everyone at our PA meetup, Regguheert was surprised that I wasn't actually 6 feet tall with muscles and a spear. :) I had to get rid of the barbarian avatar when we were told we couldn't use images pulled from the internet.

I'd like to change my avatar, but whenever I try, my pictures is too big and I also don't want to confuse everyone with a new picture. I don't really like the silhouette because it looks too much like the "your avatar here" picture that is the picture used when you don't add an avatar.

Whenever we have a meetup in person, about 10 of us show up. I have two pictures of us at the meetups here: https://dustylizard.wordpress.com/

The first picture you see on that blog is us. Scroll down past my messy schoolroom to see the other picture of us.

I like your silhouette pic!

• Like 1

I like your silhouette pic!

It was a fun picture to take.  What I did was put my hair up in a tight bun for a few hours.  I have baby-fine hair, but if I spray it with a little bit of hairspray and put it in a bun, when I take down the bun it will puff out all over the place for a bit.  I took a bunch of bun silhouettes and then I took down the bun and took the "undone" pictures.  The pictures looked pretty cool side by side--hair up and then hair down.     

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2

This is me.

What a lovely smile!

Edited by Barb_

I do have mental images of people here, often based on their avatar.  And I get confused when they change.

Everyone sounds Canadian to me.

I can't figure out pics here, so I don't know that I'll post - I don't know how I managed to get my avatar up in the first place.

So, do you insert "eh's" for us all?   :lol:

Whenever we have a meetup in person, about 10 of us show up.  I have two pictures of us at the meetups here: https://dustylizard.wordpress.com/

The first picture you see on that blog is us.  Scroll down past my messy schoolroom to see the other picture of us.

Thanks Garga!  I'm in those pics.  Saves me conjuring up one of my own and figuring out how to put it on here. ;)

• Like 2

Hmm..there's all kinds, really, depending on where you're from. The middle one you're thinking of is probably pretty standard, with other variations by geography. Some SA pronunciations are more British. The British-Au accent is more of an older accent though. Mark of the upper classes. You'd not expect it in yonger people, unless they actually are British. Plenty of Brits live and work here.

Then there's the Woggy accent, lol.