Menu

Flylady support Building a control Journal Step 14, Friday Oct. 20...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

Welcome to the Build a Control Journal series!

There are 15 steps to build a Control Journal. You may find that you need all 15 steps, you may find that you only need a few, you may find that you need something that is not listed here. The choice is yours and no one is going to grade you on this. So have fun and let’s get to it!

The steps:

1. Get your supplies.
  2. Do a basic set up.
  3. Write down a bedtime routine
  4. Write down morning and afternoon routines
  5. Add Weekly home blessing hour
  6. Detailed cleaning lists
  7. Pantry list 
  8. Meal plan
  9. Daily routines
  10. Create a master grocery list
  11. Basic weekly plan
  12. Address book
  13. Flylady tools

Step 14 - Monthly dividers - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/step-14/

This is an area where you can put household management stuff. You can make this as big or as small as you would like. Anything you would put on a calendar can go here!

• Like 1

I have 2 more steps for this control journal series. Please let me know if you would like help with something else and I am more then happy to research that. I have been saving all of the steps for this and baby steps so that we can do it again after the first of the year if you would like. 

Tomorrow, I will start a weekend thread that will not include this, much like last weekend.

I am in full planning mode for my once a month cooking (which is once every 2 month cooking... sometimes longer). I went shopping yesterday and I have a bit to finish up with that today. This weekend we will be prepping that and doing that. I should have 30 meals from that when all is said and done. :D So helpful since my DH works 1.5 hours away. 

I am actually really looking forward to my home blessing hour this week too. I guess it is sort of like when you get a great routine down for cleaning your teeth and they feel like fresh from the dentist all the time, you want to keep it that way! Well I am there! Though I will admit that right now we have a bit of clutter as doing once a month cooking creates clutter (we have a temp shelf that we put up to help with the overflow till we do what we need to do). 

Today I should also get my essential oils so my house can be all Hygge! Now if I can just do my throw quilt for me and I can be Hygge!

So what is everyone else up to?

• Like 2

I've finally started batch cooking again. Things were in such turmoil for a few months that it wasn't practical. I'm so happy to be getting back into the routine. Working on a few new recipes to add to the rotation...

I now have my school/business file system revamped. I hope to start on my home file system revamp this weekend or the beginning of next week. I'm doing a Getting Things Done version of the Flylady control journal.

Hygge plans underway...

I have plans for tonight and tomorrow that will take me out of my comfort zone.  Not emotionally, but physically.  Having chronic pain and illness, I tend to parcel out my energy.  I don't even have enough energy to clean the house like I would want (though routines like FlyLady really help with that) so adding extras can be "interesting". 

Tonight I'm taking dd into the Big City for a laser light show at the science center.  It is to Fleetwood Mac so that should be fun.  But it doesn't start until 8 pm.  I often have to bribe myself to even get out of my armchair by that point.  While I'm hoping that this will be a fun outing, my real reason for this is to try to trigger bad symptoms in my dd that can be recorded on her cardiac monitor for the doctor.  Her worst symptoms were this summer when she went to the laser light show with her day camp. 

Then Saturday, I've signed up for an after hours murder mystery party at the library.  This one starts at 6 pm but it requires dressing up and milling about and being mentally active.  I've wanted to do something like this forever.  But I'm afraid of my health letting me down or worse, embarrassing me in front of a lot of people. 

So today I'm going to try to tie up some loose ends around the house and with school but I'm also going to try to rest for my two evening shindigs.

• Like 1

I've finally started batch cooking again. Things were in such turmoil for a few months that it wasn't practical. I'm so happy to be getting back into the routine. Working on a few new recipes to add to the rotation...

I now have my school/business file system revamped. I hope to start on my home file system revamp this weekend or the beginning of next week. I'm doing a Getting Things Done version of the Flylady control journal.

Hygge plans underway...

Cool! I did all of my files as part of our licensing process. My husband was keeping utility bills from the 90's!  :mellow:

I have plans for tonight and tomorrow that will take me out of my comfort zone.  Not emotionally, but physically.  Having chronic pain and illness, I tend to parcel out my energy.  I don't even have enough energy to clean the house like I would want (though routines like FlyLady really help with that) so adding extras can be "interesting". 

Tonight I'm taking dd into the Big City for a laser light show at the science center.  It is to Fleetwood Mac so that should be fun.  But it doesn't start until 8 pm.  I often have to bribe myself to even get out of my armchair by that point.  While I'm hoping that this will be a fun outing, my real reason for this is to try to trigger bad symptoms in my dd that can be recorded on her cardiac monitor for the doctor.  Her worst symptoms were this summer when she went to the laser light show with her day camp. 

Then Saturday, I've signed up for an after hours murder mystery party at the library.  This one starts at 6 pm but it requires dressing up and milling about and being mentally active.  I've wanted to do something like this forever.  But I'm afraid of my health letting me down or worse, embarrassing me in front of a lot of people. 

So today I'm going to try to tie up some loose ends around the house and with school but I'm also going to try to rest for my two evening shindigs.

This almost made me cry! I really pray that everything works out for you! Good for you for getting out of your comfort level!

Dh sent me a notice that the check engine light came on on our oldest car (17 year old Toyota). I am a bit scared by that. Hopefully it will not cost an arm and a leg tomorrow. I am hoping the car last till next year when I hope we can get a larger van (Nissan NV). We will have to see.  :mellow:

• Like 2