Menu

Help, please! Moving webcam video to Google Drive?

swimmermom3

I made a video on my laptop to turn in for my teaching certification class and I have no clue how to get it from the video format into my Google Drive to share with my cohort. In Google Drive, I can see what others have shared with me, but don't really quite understand how it all works. I will need to provide a URL to the class.

Thank you! And I thought making the video would give me a heart attack....!!!!!

Firstly you need to upload your video to your Google drive. When you are login to your Google drive account, click on upload and browse to your video clip file to select that for uploading.

After the file is uploaded, you can click on it and click get shareable link (that’s what I usually do)

“Share a link to the file

You can send other people a link to your file so anyone with the link can use it.

At the top right, click Get shareable link.

Next to "Anyone with the link," click the Down arrow Down Arrow.

Learn more about how others view, comment, or edit files.

Copy and paste the link in an email or any place you want to share it.â€

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

Firstly you need to upload your video to your Google drive. When you are login to your Google drive account, click on upload and browse to your video clip file to select that for uploading.

After the file is uploaded, you can click on it and click get shareable link (that’s what I usually do)

“Share a link to the file

You can send other people a link to your file so anyone with the link can use it.

At the top right, click Get shareable link.

Next to "Anyone with the link," click the Down arrow Down Arrow.

Learn more about how others view, comment, or edit files.

Copy and paste the link in an email or any place you want to share it.â€

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

:blushing: How do I browse to my video clip file? This is the first time I have ever made a video on my computer. 

Actually I can locate the clip in my photos, and there is a share button, but it is for other apps like YouTube, I think.

This is so embarrassing, you guys.

Actually I can locate the clip in my photos, and there is a share button, but it is for other apps like YouTube, I think.

Keep the My Photos folder in your laptop opened. After you are login to Google drive, click on upload and then do a drag and drop from the My Photos folder of your laptop. The clip would be copied from your laptop into your Google drive account.

• Like 1

Arcadia, you are fabulous!  Thanks so much. Those were great directions and I had no difficulty posting the link to the video on our platform.

I really appreciate the help and will be spending some time exploring what some of the recommended Google apps can do. Slack and Trello seem really cool too.