Menu

Flylady support Building a control Journal Step 11, Tues. Oct 17...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

Please join in on the fun!

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

Welcome to the Build a Control Journal series!

There are 15 steps to build a Control Journal. You may find that you need all 15 steps, you may find that you only need a few, you may find that you need something that is not listed here. The choice is yours and no one is going to grade you on this. So have fun and let’s get to it!

The steps:

1. Get your supplies.
  2. Do a basic set up.
  3. Write down a bedtime routine
  4. Write down morning and afternoon routines
  5. Add Weekly home blessing hour
  6. Detailed cleaning lists
  7. Pantry list 
  8. Meal plan
  9. Daily routines
  10. Create a master grocery list

Step 11 - Basic weekly plan - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/control-journal/step-11/

This may sound similar to prior steps but it is different. These are for things you only do once or twice a week. For instance, bringing in the garbage can after collection or having things together for a once a week class. For me I have 7 separate pages just to put daily things like this on. I am still a work in progress and so I have even added to it yesterday.

If you need more help look here: http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/routines/#weekly-plan

FlyLady’s Basic Weekly Plan

Your basic weekly plan is an outline for what you plan to do every day of the week. FlyLady says the following about the basic weekly plan:

I want you to think about the things you need to do every week. Select which days you want to do these things, put it on your calendar for next week, and stick to it. Make an appointment with yourself! Try it for one week. It may surprise you that your week can revolve around these appointments. This is what I do. With the Basic Weekly Plan, we decide on a day to do things and stick to it. I never knew how much this would help my lack of organization. Knowing that I do my shopping on Thursday, my cleaning on Monday, and my desk day on Friday allows me the freedom to schedule things according to the day. When you know what the day is, you know what has to be done. It is another way to be on autopilot. – FlyLady

Monday: Weekly Home Blessing (8–9 a.m.)
  1. Get up and get dressed to shoes

2. Laundry

3. Weekly Home Blessing Hour

1. Cull/toss old magazines

2. Change sheets

3. Empty all the trash

4. Vacuum all rooms

5. Mop kitchen and bath

6. Clean mirrors and doors

7. Dust

Tuesday: Free Day
  1. Water and fertilize plants

2. Spend 15 minutes in current zone

Wednesday: Zone Cleaning and Partial Desk Time
  1. Finish Zone Cleaning Chores.

2. Remainder Weekly Cleaning.

3. Make sure refrigerator is clean.

4. Write thank-you notes.

5. Work on menus and grocery list for next week.

6. Balance check book before going shopping.

Thursday: Grocery and Errand Day
  1. Make sure menus are planned before you go shopping.

2. Check grocery list one last time before you walk out the door. Take your list with you.

3. Grocery Day.

4. Errand Day:

1. Library.

2. Post office.

3. Buy gifts and cards.

4. Buy candles.

Friday: Paperwork and Misc.
  1. Be romantic today.

2. Get food from the freezer for next week.

3. File papers.

4. Write letters and cards.

5. Clean out purse.

6. Mend clothes and polish shoes.

7. Pet care (Flea and Heart Meds).

8. Clean out car and check fluids.

9. Clean laundry room.

Weekend

Yeah! It’s the weekend! Time for the weekend dance! LOL! Have some fun! – FlyLady

Friday is “Date Night†– do something special with your sweetie!

Saturday is “Family Fun Day†– enjoy the day with your family!

Sunday is “Renew Your Spirit Day†– relax and reflect on the past week, as well as what is to come.

• Like 1

I hope everyone is doing well today!  Let me know what you would like to do after we finish this series. 

I wanted to let you know, if any of you are following Diane in Denmark, you know about Hygge (spelling?). I saw today that there is some essential oil blends that sound that they would be perfect for that this season in a diffuser. https://www.planttherapy.com/fallblends I plan on getting some and that paired with the quilt toppers I hope to get today I should be well on my way to Hygge! :D

Now I must finish my morning routines and clean up. Resource worker is coming this afternoon. I used to panic when I knew they were coming. Now not so much Flylady really helps me feel like I have control over the cleanliness of my house. :D

• Like 1

That is why I do all of my lesson planning on Sunday. I know we are suppose to relax on Sunday but I would rather do what I need to so I can have more relaxing time during the week. Fires ALWAYS happen. Nature of the business. So if I can do things ahead of time, I do it. Then it isn't so bad when fires come. 

• Like 2

I hope everyone is doing well today!  Let me know what you would like to do after we finish this series. 

I wanted to let you know, if any of you are following Diane in Denmark, you know about Hygge (spelling?). I saw today that there is some essential oil blends that sound that they would be perfect for that this season in a diffuser. https://www.planttherapy.com/fallblends I plan on getting some and that paired with the quilt toppers I hope to get today I should be well on my way to Hygge! :D

Now I must finish my morning routines and clean up. Resource worker is coming this afternoon. I used to panic when I knew they were coming. Now not so much Flylady really helps me feel like I have control over the cleanliness of my house. :D

Do you use one of their diffusers or do you have a different one you'd recommend? 

I hope the Resource worker visit went well. 

I got my diffuser on Prime day in July. It isn't that big but it will go a good 12 hours on intermittent mode (which is what you want or your nose will get used to it and you will not smell anything!). It will also cover the funky smells in hotel rooms (got it right before a trip that I had to stay in a hotel). You could probably use an ultrasonic humidifier too. It is the same principle. I ended up getting the fall blends and a holiday one too. 

Resource worker visit went well. I detailed my downstairs bathroom before she came. I even took a skewer and cleaned the corners and where the wall and the floor meet. Then after she left my foster child decided to spread soap all over the bathroom. Doh! Thankfully I was able to clean it up so my bathroom is just a bit cleaner then I was expecting it to be today. ((roll eyes))

I got my quilt tops today! YAY! Now I can really have fun. Started cutting up ODS. He wants to learn to quilt and we can't bond on much lately so this will be our "thing".  Tomorrow my husband finally comes back home! I can't wait. I need to have down time every now and then and when he comes home I will get that. It has been a good trip for him (career wise) but I need him home now. LOL

Well I should be able to get the thread up at a decent time tomorrow. Not much happening and I don't have to go anywhere. :D

• Like 2