Menu

So about those hotdogs....

Nurselena

I followed a thread on this site while researching HEBREW National Beef dogs. Today, as I was preparing to open the package, I noticed a “not-so kosher†additive .....

A ROACH (or other creature) inside !!! How do I make sure my complaint is heard? Nasty!! How did this pass quality control?

Welcome to the forum. :)

No offense intended, but I have been buying Hebrew National hotdogs for more years than I can count, and I have never heard of anyone getting a package with a roach inside it.

If it happened to you, I would assume you should contact the company's customer service telephone number.

How did you find the Well-Trained Mind forum? Do you homeschool your children? I hope you'll post and tell us more about yourself.

Edited to add: I'm not sure why you came here instead of simply going to the HebrewNational.com website, because all of their contact information is quite easy to locate. In case you weren't able to find it, here's a link to their "Contact Us" page: http://www.conagrabrands.com/contact-us I'm sure they will want to see the package with the roach in it, and will compensate you accordingly. Good luck! :)

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 12

Welcome to the forum. :)

No offense intended, but I have been buying Hebrew National hotdogs for more years than I can count, and I have never heard of anyone getting a package with a roach inside it.

If it happened to you, I would assume you should contact the company's customer service telephone number.

How did you find the Well-Trained Mind forum? Do you homeschool your children? I hope you'll post and tell us more about yourself.

Edited to add: I'm not sure why you came here instead of simply going to the HebrewNational.com website, because all of their contact information is quite easy to locate. In case you weren't able to find it, here's a link to their "Contact Us" page: http://www.conagrabrands.com/contact-us I'm sure they will want to see the package with the roach in it, and will compensate you accordingly. Good luck! :)

Edited by emzhengjiu
personal attack

Also, photos or it didn’t happen!

:lol:

I'm not sure I want to see the photos -- I buy Hebrew National hotdogs, and I might be better off continuing to live in blissful ignorance! :laugh:

But if I brought a package of hotdogs home from the store and saw a roach inside the package, I would never eat hotdogs again! :ack2:

:lol:

I'm not sure I want to see the photos -- I buy Hebrew National hotdogs, and I might be better off continuing to live in blissful ignorance! :laugh:

But if I brought a package of hotdogs home from the store and saw a roach inside the package, I would never eat hotdogs again! :ack2:

Agreed! But wouldn’t you also immediately snap a picture and share it far and wide??

• Like 2

It wasn't a personal attack. One need not be a homeschooler to be a member of this forum. Suggesting otherwise simply isn't accurate or appreciated.

Bill

Apparently the moderator disagrees with you about your personal attack, as do I. Your post has already been deleted, so there is no point in debating the matter.

I'm only bothering to respond to your post because your statement is inaccurate. No one has suggested that a person needs to be a homeschooler in order to post on this forum.

I thought it was unusual for a new member to post about roaches in hotdog packages because this isn't a food-related or consumer affairs-related forum, so I thought she was probably a fellow homeschooler who has been lurking for a while but decided to start posting. So I asked her if she homeschools her kids. I don't think that was such a crazy question to ask a new member on what is primarily a homeschool forum.

I'm sorry, Bill, but you misread both my post and my intentions.

• Like 5

Agreed! But wouldn’t you also immediately snap a picture and share it far and wide??

I would!!! My first thought would be to take a picture and show it to everyone!

Just the thought of it is making me queasy. And I'm not gonna lie. I checked the package of hotdogs in my refrigerator just to be safe. :laugh:

Apparently the moderator disagrees with you about your personal attack, as do I. Your post has already been deleted, so there is no point in debating the matter.

I'm only bothering to respond to your post because your statement is inaccurate. No one has suggested that a person needs to be a homeschooler in order to post on this forum.

I thought it was unusual for a new member to post about roaches in hotdog packages because this isn't a food-related or consumer affairs-related forum, so I thought she was probably a fellow homeschooler who has been lurking for a while but decided to start posting. So I asked her if she homeschools her kids. I don't think that was such a crazy question to ask a new member on what is primarily a homeschool forum.

I'm sorry, Bill, but you misread both my post and my intentions.

You've posted similar responses to people who make "unusual" first posts for years.

We'll have to disagree about whether this feels de-legitimizing to the afterschoolers who SWB welcomes here (we even have our own subforum), but you can guess where I stand.

Bill

You've posted similar responses to people who make "unusual" first posts for years.

We'll have to disagree about whether this feels de-legitimizing to the afterschoolers who SWB welcomes here (we even have our own subforum), but you can guess where I stand.

Bill

Obviously you feel the need to have the last word here, Bill, so I'm not going to bother responding to your accusation. Believe whatever you want to believe. I'm fine with it. :)

Now, out of respect for our new member, I hope those of us who have actually addressed the OP's original topic can get back to discussing it.

Obviously you feel the need to have the last word here, Bill, so I'm not going to bother responding to your accusation. Believe whatever you want to believe. I'm fine with it. :)

Now, out of respect for our new member, I hope those of us who have actually addressed the OP's original topic can get back to discussing it.

It isn't about having the last word. It is about expressing that posts like your's carry an implication that only homeschooler are welcome here, which isn't the case. You can see that, or not. Your choice.

Bill

It isn't about having the last word. It is about expressing that posts like your's carry an implication that only homeschooler are welcome here, which isn't the case. You can see that, or not. Your choice.

Bill

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You crack me up, Bill. You're like a dog with a bone. You can never let anything go! :lol:

• Like 3

On a somewhat related note.  I bought some Oscar Myer extra nice hot dogs.  Ya know...no weird fillers and they brag about how awesome they are.  They were SO SALTY!  Why do they have to make those things so salty?!

So sure...no artificial preservatives, but I guess with that amount of salt those damn things will last forever. 

Nathan's hot dogs are good. 

• Like 4

On a somewhat related note. I bought some Oscar Myer extra nice hot dogs. Ya know...no weird fillers and they brag about how awesome they are. They were SO SALTY! Why do they have to make those things so salty?!

So sure...no artificial preservatives, but I guess with that amount of salt those damn things will last forever.

Nathan's hot dogs are good.

I haven't had an Oscar Meyer hotdog since I was a kid, but now I have the old, "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener" song stuck in my head.

It is not a good thing.

On a happier note, I'm thinking about going out for hotdogs later. I know I have that package of Hebrew Nationals in the refrigerator, but all things considered... maybe we'll have those another night.

• Like 2