Menu

s/o Frugal vegan recipes/sites?

rose

While we're on this topic, I'd love to hear your frugal vegan recipes. We're constantly trying to tighten our spending because of ethical convictions about eating more expensively then we need to when so many people in the world are starving. Consequently, our diet is quite austere compared to N. American standards but still abundant compared to global standards.

We end up eating a mostly vegetarian diet and I feel like we're all healthier for it. I'm attracted to vegan cooking and a number of my go-to recipes are vegan but I get tired of the same few ways that I know to use legumes (I usually have pintos, blacks, lentils, split peas and soy beans on hand). I end up falling back on eggs and dairy. So what do you have for me? I'm open to some of the stranger concoctions that I remember see eons ago in books like "Diet of a Small Planet" or in SDA publications. FWIW, nuts are outrageously expensive where I am so I just don't go there with the exception of peanut butter.

Edited by Rose M
  • Like 1