Menu

My heart wrenching afternoon

Janeway

At about 3:50pm, I guess my dad texted me that he was at home watching old home videos, come watch with him. I texted him back but it was clear that I am on block. It was one of my siblings who did it. He doesn't know how. They likely did it a long time ago. I did not get the text until about 4:15pm. I was on my way out to go some place but then, as I drove to go where I was going, decided to drive to his house instead. I had consulted with old friends who knew us well and had always known me and my parents since I was small and it was agreed that I needed to move on. But I decided to go anyway.

Last I saw my parents, two of my siblings were gas lighting my parents against me. My mother already didn't like me. As far as she was concerned, I was a fail. At this point, my parents were not completely with it, but no diagnosis of any sort of full blown alzheimers or such. But, my dad would drive on the wrong side of the road and things like that. My parents sided with my siblings and chose to be in the middle of things rather than staying out of it or telling my siblings they won't listen or such. There were some fake CPS calls with horrible accusations against me that could have destroyed our lives if CPS had believed them. We were done. 

I got to my dad's house and rang the door bell. I could hear clunking around on the other side of the door. Finally, I hear my dad yell through the door to open the door. I did and went in. My other sister (not the gas lighting one, but the one who has been cold toward me for a long time, the single and childless one) is there. My dad struggles to walk toward the TV. I can see he has been watching home videos all day. He wants to show me something. He fumbles to try to switch the DVD to a different one but ends up putting the DVD in upside down and doesn't push it in and cannot figure out why it won't play. My sister comes over and gets it to start. My dad hobbles to his chair and sits down and the video is of my own oldest child as a baby and toddler. My dad just delighted in watching it and kept commenting about this and that. 

I just ...I am so broken. I lost three years with my parents because of my evil siblings. I finally went over to my sister and asked her what happened to justify X'ing me out of their lives all these years. She said she didn't want to talk about it. 

Oh yeah, and the Christmas tree is up. I said "oh, you put your tree up!" My sister informs me that the tree was set up last year, but then dad got so sick (I posted about that last Christmas) and by the time he woke up, Mom got sick. So the tree never came down. 

My sister had some things for me that my mom had saved for me. Seriously..things my mom saved for me. I thought my mom ALWAYS hated me! 

My heart is broken. And I do not even know what to say to those two siblings (the toxic ones) if they start on me again. But you know...nothing to say. I am a polite person. They know what they did. I feel so sad, and broken, and do not know what to think. I am just so incredibly sad, I cannot describe. 

Turns out, a bunch of stuff got stolen from the house after my one sister left (the one who is there helping my dad today). She does not really know which sibling did it, and again..she does not want to talk about it.

Edited by Janeway

AND..one of my siblings went over there and put me on block again. So I guess I will just stay away again. I went over and knocked on the door but he does not have much physical capacity. Apparently, the one sibling is getting a lawyer to have him sign a living will and all the other papers needed to declare that one of them makes the decisions. The old family friends knew best. I should not get myself wrapped up in this again, I will only get hurt.

Apparently, the one sibling is getting a lawyer to have him sign a living will and all the other papers needed to declare that one of them makes the decisions.

Sounds like another inheritance fight coming up :(

One of my male cousins tried to do that for my late aunt so that he could get the entire inheritance. His brother who also wanted the entire inheritance of course fought him. My late aunt spent her last year alive watching her two sons fight it out over property and money. Her will specify that all her three kids get equal share and her house be sold and profits splitter equally. Her sons contested but didn’t win.

Is your “cold to you†single sister staying there or just visiting? I have known people who kick out single siblings onto the streets just to stalk a claim to their parents home.

Sounds like another inheritance fight coming up :(

One of my male cousins tried to do that for my late aunt so that he could get the entire inheritance. His brother who also wanted the entire inheritance of course fought him. My late aunt spent her last year alive watching her two sons fight it out over property and money. Her will specify that all her three kids get equal share and her house be sold and profits splitter equally. Her sons contested but didn’t win.

Is your “cold to you†single sister staying there or just visiting? I have known people who kick out single siblings onto the streets just to stalk a claim to their parents home.

I don’t care about any inheritance actually. I just think it is sick that my dad has been texting so much wanting me and the kids to come over and he can’t get return texts or anything. And it is clear I can’t visit. This was happening over a year ago. With a new living will, it will give one of them total control.