Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

Do you ever feel like you hemorrhage money wrt learning aids?

I just spent *another* $50 or so on learning aids for my son.  This time a slant desk and a reading guide.

He needs them.  I know he needs them. 

But geez, every day when we do his schoolwork I have to drag out *SO MUCH STUFF* just to get the basics done.  There's just so much STUFF!  And now I'm adding even more. 

Just agree with me.  I'm not up for debate.

Edited by Kinsa
  • Like 7

No, I never spend a dime on $$ stuff for ds.  I find it all on pinterest and make it myself, including homemade slant boards, OT regimens, speech therapy materials, reading books that I custom write just for him to be decodable, high interest comprehension passages, and even social stories. I do it all with my 18k pinterest links. And I have a perfect house, like Martha Stewart, with three Christmas trees. And it's never dirty because I own two roombas, not just one.

Not.

:lol: 

Yeah seriously, I'm in sell mode, trying to sell off some of this expensive stuff I'm done with. Dd was $$, but ds is $$$$$$$$$. And it seems like EVERYTHING has to be in increments of $100 sigh. Nothing less than $100. Want them to talk to your kid for an hour? $100. Want to know his reading level? $100. Everything, all the time. Now the practitioners are upping their game and going to $125. It's insane.

• Like 8

No, I never spend a dime on $$ stuff for ds. I find it all on pinterest and make it myself, including homemade slant boards, OT regimens, speech therapy materials, reading books that I custom write just for him to be decodable, high interest comprehension passages, and even social stories. I do it all with my 18k pinterest links. And I have a perfect house, like Martha Stewart, with three Christmas trees. And it's never dirty because I own two roombas, not just one.

Not.

:lol:

Yeah seriously, I'm in sell mode, trying to sell off some of this expensive stuff I'm done with. Dd was $$, but ds is $$$$$$$$$. And it seems like EVERYTHING has to be in increments of $100 sigh. Nothing less than $100. Want them to talk to your kid for an hour? $100. Want to know his reading level? $100. Everything, all the time. Now the practitioners are upping their game and going to $125. It's insane.

LOL, I had a friend who homeschooled her million children, made her food and bread from scratch, sewed their clothes, the older daughters helped sew and did all the dishes, etc. If she hadn’t been so nice we would have all hated her. She didn’t make you feel like you were evil for not sewing your own clothes and baking your own bread and having your children as well organized and compliant as hers.

• Like 3