Menu

Quick and Easy Lunch Ideas

medawyn

I fix a big bowl of this filling on Monday and we have quesadillas for lunch a few times during the week. Super easy to fill a tortilla and grill. 

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/04/ultimate-bbq-chicken-quesadillas/#

We also do lots of baked potatoes. The potatoes aren't done in 15 minutes but it'ss pretty hands off. Throw potatoes in the oven at 11 am. Ready to fill at noon.

Fillings we like:

*cottage cheese and herbs sprinkled on top

*cheese and butter

*broccoli and cheese

*leftover BBQ beef or pork

*chili

*spaghetti meat sauce

• Like 2

We also like rice bowls. It takes longer than 15 minutes to cook rice but it's very hands off. Actual prep time is 5 minutes.

Rice - fresh made or leftover

Toppings we've done:

*beans

*veg - corn, spinach, cooked cabbage, leftover salad, peas

*leftover shrimp, chicken, beef, pork, if it's in a sauce we just put it on the rice. Sometimes if it's just leftover grilled meat we'll add an interesting sauce. BBQ, honey mustard, sweet Asian chili.

• Like 1

My kids are really happy with a sandwich daily as long as I vary their sides. We bought sectioned boxes and I make their sandwiches and fill in the sides section in the morning. At lunchtime, they just grab their box, which frees time for me to reheat leftovers or make a salad.

• Like 2