Menu

Sentimetal

Elizabeth86

We saw a preview for Ferdinand and I started CRYING! Just the sweet memory of snuggling up with picture books sent me over the edge.

I love Ferdinand. It's one of my absolute favourite children's books. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but it would probably send me into tears, too.

• Like 1

I wish I had kept a lot more than I wish I had gotten rid of.

Giving away is different. It's a joy to give the perfect item to the perfect child and the perfect time.

Sincerely,

random post-menopausal chick with zero chance of ever becoming a matrilineal grandmother via the only dd she ever actually raised, much less homeschooled.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I love soft things- receiving blankets, burp cloths, even cloth diapers. I loved doing baby laundry with all of its adorable little baby prints. I hang on to that as long as I can. I still use the receiving blankets, burpies, baby bath towels and such with my 3.5 yr old. She uses them for handkerchiefs, lovies, general clean up, emergency blankets in the car, etc. I love to do that load of soft sweet baby laundry and will miss it so so much when she finally outgrows it all. I have the stacks of baby blankets from all of the kids- way too many, but they are what is hard to part with for me. I do try to throw a few of each into the consignment sale stuff every few months. I know I keep too many. 

• Like 2

I love soft things- receiving blankets, burp cloths, even cloth diapers. I loved doing baby laundry with all of its adorable little baby prints. I hang on to that as long as I can. I still use the receiving blankets, burpies, baby bath towels and such with my 3.5 yr old. She uses them for handkerchiefs, lovies, general clean up, emergency blankets in the car, etc. I love to do that load of soft sweet baby laundry and will miss it so so much when she finally outgrows it all. I have the stacks of baby blankets from all of the kids- way too many, but they are what is hard to part with for me. I do try to throw a few of each into the consignment sale stuff every few months. I know I keep too many.

I adore baby laundry too. I have kept it all and when I am done using it I plan to make a quilt for each kids baby clothes. I hope I can pull it off.

• Like 2

I keep a few favorite baby clothes for quilt squares and a couple of their favorite stuffed animals. My oldest DS fell in love with a stuffed Grateful Dead bear at a music store when he was 3yo. It has dreads and a hat. He just picked it up, kissed it and wouldn't let it go so I bought it for him. He slept with it as a little guy and we have had it now for over 20 years. It makes me laugh every time I come across it.

I find books to be the things that make me most sentimental. So many hours of reading and rereading Where the Wild Things Are and There's a Wocket in my Pocket haha.

• Like 1