Menu

Have any of you used Google Classroom?

mathnerd

Several of my 7th grader's classes "use" Google Classroom though I have yet to see the tool in action. The school assigned each student a school isd email address to access the classroom.  I haven't played with it at all so I don't have any details. Parents must access the virtual classroom with the student's email address. It was explained to parents that this policy was in place to keep other people out, safety, etc. Parents were told the address and passwords.

• Like 1

I use it for my drama class and I use it for my middle schooler.

For drama I use it for general announcements, script changes, getting a consensus on how things are going...

The kids love chatting and bantering on it.

It’s much easier to share documents and videos and such than emailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is timely. DS needs it for a Latin app and can't get the password to work.

I think it's his only class that uses it in any capacity (and how it has any connection to the app I have no idea--maybe for a pass code) so obviously I haven't seen how it can be used yet.

They use something different to show their grades and so forth, I think.

Many of the classes at our local intermediate school use Google Classroom.  When I relieve  (sub) there it makes my job much easier as the students can easily access their assigned work.  Most of the students use chrome books, but I just need to have a student pull up Google Classroom on the classroom desktop for me to see it.