Menu

nt

Soror

These days I can't handle hard exertion. I had heavy exertion a month or so ago (dd was injured and I ran carrying her up a hill) and nearly passed out afterwards, then the next week I barely made it through a fairly moderate walk without having to stop and rest. The first was exacerbated by adrenaline of the situation and then with the second it seems my blood sugar bottomed out, at least it felt that way so I've lowered carbs/sugar and seem to be more steady but I don't trust my body could do any kind of intense activity at this point. I did 3 hrs hiking the other day, rugged terrain but only 3 miles at a fairly slow pace with lots of breaks. I did not feel invigorated, more like I made it through.

All this occurred outdoors, and you mentioned seasonal allergies. I'd highly suspect allergies being an issue. Allergy reactions can change over time. You may even be experiencing some allergy-induced asthma.  My first episode with allergy-induced asthma really threw me for a loop. I was in great shape, had just ran a full marathon the previous week, yet couldn't bike a couple blocks to the dr's office without having trouble breathing and being exhausted. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1

All this occurred outdoors, and you mentioned seasonal allergies. I'd highly suspect allergies being an issue. Allergy reactions can change over time. You may even be experiencing some allergy-induced asthma.  My first episode with allergy-induced asthma really threw me for a loop. I was in great shape, had just ran a full marathon the previous week, yet couldn't bike a couple blocks to the dr's office without having trouble breathing and being exhausted. 

Well, I am pretty sure that I have some seasonal allergies, I'm just not sure what. I've noticed having more issues in certain areas, camping this weekend, woke up in the am after the night totally stuffy and itchy eyes. If I do a bunch of cleaning dust it bothers me. I've not ever thought I had allergy induced asthma but my endurance totally disappeared. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was surprised how much better I felt when I tried making capsules from turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger.  They're all pretty strong anti-inflammatories.  I didn't realize how terrible I'd been feeling until I was suddenly aware of feeling young and having lots of energy and less pain again.  Later I added a bit of black pepper.

• Like 1