Menu

I just need a good cry--a vent

AnnE-girl

The news this morning is heartbreaking and frustrating, an extended family member who we are close to was diagnosed with leukemia last week, and someone dh is dealing with for work is unstable enough that he doesn't think I'm being overly paranoid to want to get a security system for our house. I'm with my kids all day, and I don't want to scare them, or tell them about the family member's diagnosis until he's ready for more people to know, so I'm keeping everything bottled up. And I overslept this morning, so I couldn't get a workout in to help deal with all the anxiety.

Edited by AnnE-girl

Thanks for all the hugs. It just helps to get it out somewhere. I've had Tim McGraw's "Live Like You are Dying" stuck pretty much on a constant loop in my head since we heard about the family member's diagnosis. It's early, and treatable, but not curable as of right now. Being short-tempered with my kids because I'm anxious certainly isn't how I want to be acting now. Or ever, for that matter. Life just feels more delicate now.

(Ann-E)

(FWIW, get the security system.  We had to, and for the same reason.  It was a stress-reducer.  I'm sorry that you are facing THAT on top of everything else.)