Menu

Math Competitions/Clubs for Elementary School-Aged Kids

We have a mix of public school and homeschool friends/accelerated learners in grades 2-5 who are interested in meeting a few times a month for a math club or math competition.  We have already done Crazy 8s through Bedtime Math, which was wonderful; but the kids would like something a little bit more rigorous.  Is there something available that would provide some structure for a reasonably intelligent but not especially mathy parent to run -- or something we could run through our local elementary school?

Edited by Squawky Acres

Thanks.  Continental Math League looks very inclusive in the grade levels, but I am trying to figure out how much support and materials would be offered to a coordinator.  It looks like all they have are some books of practice problems from past years, but I don't know if that would be enough to guide me in getting a math club started.

Math Olympiad looks very good and seems to have some more structure to it -- but it is just for 4th grade and up.  I may look into that more, as most of our interest in a math club comes from a group of 4th graders (and my very determined 2nd grade daughter).

Edited by Squawky Acres