Menu

Patty Paper Geometry

We used it as an introduction to geometric concepts before he took a public school class/did Jacob's.  Each lesson is presented two different ways.  The first will have full explanations and guided steps, the second presents it in an exploratory manner.  Instead of telling, it asks.  It is absolutely one of those that you can use concurrently with a program, but I would not consider it a full high school program on its own.  The author has another book, Discovering Geometry, that I've heard it's fabulous with, but it wasn't one that I had on the shelf.

• Like 1

How much time does it take you? Thanks for your help! Do you do it along with another program, or take a month or two and do it all at once by itself?

I'm sure you could do either. I would do it all at once only if it were pretty closely preceding a full geometry class. Otherwise I would spread it out, perhaps once a week and just move at our own pace through the book. I think the stretched out plan would provide better long-term retention.

Even at three times a month I'm thinking we may not need the whole year, in which case I plan to add a short unit on set theory, which I remember fondly from middle school, but haven't seen in any of our math curricula.

• Like 1

I have this curriculum and would love to pass it along to someone.  It's yours for the cost of shipping, if you are interested.  I have the student text, the workbook, and a box of patty papers.

Nancy in NH

Thank you! I sent you a PM.