Menu

What decade where you born?

Mommyof1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early '80s, dh late '70s. I saw an article online that newly defines around 1978-1983 as its own micro-generation. I think it makes sense. We weren't old enough to really experience much of the culture of the 1980s like Generation X, but we were young adults for the real advent of the Internet and September 11th, unlike most Millennials.

That's interesting. Dss was born in 1977. Some lists consider him at the tail end of GenX, others at the beginning of the Millennial generation. 

I was born in 81, so it is kind of up in the air what generation I belong to.  Depending on how you define it, I am either one of the youngest GenXers, or I am one of the oldest Millennials.

I don't really identify as either; I missed a lot of the culture that unites GenX, but Millennials are just so gosh darn young.

Wendy

Ok, that's just weird.  I've never met another Wendy that was also born in 81!

60s 

My oldest ds was born in '91 - almost the same age as those of you born in the late '80s!   :eek:

I have three born in the 80's. . . . .

Gardenmom5, no not trying to make anyone feel old.

My 4 yr old makes this almost 50 Mom feel old. My friends raised their kids and some are Grandparents now. Boogles my mind sometimes

Time just flies by

I was in my 40's when dudeling was born. . . . . dh, . . . . well into his 50's.. .. .

our friends were having grandchildren.    so, he said "we're having our own grandchildren".

2dd has said they hope to have one next year.... so far as I know, it's still just a hope.    more reason for me to visit texas.

there are 22 years between dudeling and 1dd .  . . . if he's with her, even if I'm there,  people think she's the mom.

• Like 1

I have three born in the 80's. . . . .

I was in my 40's when dudeling was born. . . . . dh, . . . . well into his 50's.. .. .

our friends were having grandchildren.    so, he said "we're having our own grandchildren".

2dd has said they hope to have one next year.... so far as I know, it's still just a hope.    more reason for me to visit texas.

there are 22 years between dudeling and 1dd .  . . . if he's with her, even if I'm there,  people think she's the mom.

I have a sister 22 years older than myself.  I also have a nephew who is 2 years older than me. LOL

• Like 1

80s. Wow. I didn't realize I was on the younger side of this board.

The chat board runs a little older than some of the academic boards, since a lot of ladies who were starting out years ago still hang out even with older or launched students ;).

Early '80s, dh late '70s. I saw an article online that newly defines around 1978-1983 as its own micro-generation. I think it makes sense. We weren't old enough to really experience much of the culture of the 1980s like Generation X, but we were young adults for the real advent of the Internet and September 11th, unlike most Millennials.

I think this is true. I was born in '83, and even though DH is only ~16 months younger than me, there's a large divide in our cultural knowledge. Part of that is that we were raised very differently in regards to pop culture exposure. But he was just a hair too young to remember Desert Storm and the start of the grunge era, where I was just old enough to remember but not quite old enough to have it define my age group.

I was born in 1981. I agree with this. I don't really identify with the 1980s culture because I was really too young, but a lot of the Millenial characteristics don't resonate with me either. I was a young adult before the internet was really popular and cell phones weren't ubiquitous until after college.

• Like 1