Menu

S/O skin care- Rodan and Fields?

sassenach

I haven't used it. I'm not sure about the skin care but the eyelash stuff really works. My friend started using it and I hadn't seen her in about a month. We went out to dinner and I thought she had gotten eyelash extensions. Her eyelashes were noticeably thicker and longer.

I haven't used it. I'm not sure about the skin care but the eyelash stuff really works. My friend started using it and I hadn't seen her in about a month. We went out to dinner and I thought she had gotten eyelash extensions. Her eyelashes were noticeably thicker and longer.

I've seen friends with similar results. I really want to try the magic eyelash stuff but I'm completely over the company without ever having even tried it! I swear, the half of my FB newsfeed that isn't political is R+F sales consultant posts! 

• Like 6

I've seen friends with similar results. I really want to try the magic eyelash stuff but I'm completely over the company without ever having even tried it! I swear, the half of my FB newsfeed that isn't political is R+F sales consultant posts!

No kidding! :lol:

One woman friended me specifically to send a PM a few days later pushing R+F products.

• Like 2

No kidding! :lol:

One woman friended me specifically to send a PM a few days later pushing R+F products.

I have had three people friend me and I think "I really don't know them that well" and guess what?  They were just trying to increase their customer base.  Honestly, that pisses me off.  

• Like 4

I asked a consultant about the Lash Boost.  I think she said it was $180 for a two months supply or some craziness like that.  I think it would be $120 if I joined the MLM.  Seriously?  I want nice lashes, but the prices aren't for average people.  

Whaaaaat? I'll stick with my $7 non-magical mascara.  :lol:

• Like 5

Okay, I will make myself vulnerable and admit I use the Lash Boost.  It is I think $135? shipped.  Yes, in US dollars, not cookies lol.  But it makes my 40-something eyelashes significantly longer and fuller and I stretched the tube out for 5 months.  I don't wear make up on a regular basis and it's been nice feeling like my eyes stand out because of longer lashes.  I've had a couple of friends push their R+F business, but I just breeze by it on FB or wherever they post - along with all the political threads, etc :)

• Like 2

Okay, I will make myself vulnerable and admit I use the Lash Boost. It is I think $135? shipped. Yes, in US dollars, not cookies lol. But it makes my 40-something eyelashes significantly longer and fuller and I stretched the tube out for 5 months. I don't wear make up on a regular basis and it's been nice feeling like my eyes stand out because of longer lashes. I've had a couple of friends push their R+F business, but I just breeze by it on FB or wherever they post - along with all the political threads, etc :)

Do you know of any alternative lash boosting products? R & F can’t be the only one.

I have found that Clinique's lash building primer gives the same effect as the far more expensive R+F stuff.

Okay, I will make myself vulnerable and admit I use the Lash Boost.  It is I think $135? shipped.  Yes, in US dollars, not cookies lol.  But it makes my 40-something eyelashes significantly longer and fuller and I stretched the tube out for 5 months.  I don't wear make up on a regular basis and it's been nice feeling like my eyes stand out because of longer lashes.  I've had a couple of friends push their R+F business, but I just breeze by it on FB or wherever they post - along with all the political threads, etc :)

• Like 3

I have a friend who recently started selling it. She keeps posting on facebook how she's not trying to sell you anything but....then goes on to say how great R+F is and how much younger it's making her look.  :lol:   FTR, she doesn't look her age and has always had lovely skin as long as I've known her, so I don't really see any difference. Thankfully she only posts about it on her own wall and doesn't spam her friends.

Whaaaaat? I'll stick with my $7 non-magical mascara.  :lol:

I only wear mascara when I'm wearing my contacts, because I feel like my glasses hide my eyelashes anyway. When I wear my contacts my short lashes are more noticeable. Non-magical mascara works just fine for me too. :D

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

Here are some other suggestions for lash products, including an $8 Rimmel one I may try for fun: http://www.instyle.com/beauty/lash-out-11-best-eyelash-growth-serums-market

Interesting. The brand in the title of this thread is missing from that list. :D

I like a lot of No. 7 products and would be tempted to try that one if I ever decide that at my age I need fuller lashes.