Menu

THE Stitch Fix reporting thread

Ginevra

I got the same pair of jeans and sent them back because I didn't think I'd wear them in cold weather. When I uncuffed them, they only came to the bottom of my ankle and just seemed too short. What shoes do you wear with them?

I wear these shoes - there are other, less pricey options available on a similar style. I have to wear really supportive shoes because IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m having some serious foot issues right now.

https://m.zappos.com/p/ecco-soft-vii-sneaker-warm-grey-cow-nubuck/product/8550690/color/635207

Ballet flats would look good too, I just canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t wear them right now. Sandals, too, in the summer.

I've just opened a conversation with my Trunk Club stylist. She sent a message asking if I needed a jacket and/or sweaters. I could use a new jacket. All I have is one made out of sweatshirt material with a cheap zipper. I got it from Target for $15. I have a leather jacket but it's heavy and it never got cold enough for me to use it last year. I also asked for some sweaters, nothing that hides my neck, more tunic shirts, and jeans. She sent a pair of Mom Jeans in one of my trunks but the waist band was a bit snug. She's going to check her notes and send me a size up. I also asked for boyfriend jeans to try again if I can figure out what shoes to wear with them in codl weather. I have a pair of suede booties that I like, Toms slip-ons, and Vans lace up shoes that my chiropractor called Skater Shoes. :)

She's going to put together a trunk for me to preview hopefully by tomorrow. DH is giving me $300 in Christmas money to spend on this trunk. That's more than I've spent on past trunks. I have a feeling the jacket she sends will be expensive. 

• Like 2

I wear these shoes - there are other, less pricey options available on a similar style. I have to wear really supportive shoes because IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m having some serious foot issues right now.

https://m.zappos.com/p/ecco-soft-vii-sneaker-warm-grey-cow-nubuck/product/8550690/color/635207

Ballet flats would look good too, I just canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t wear them right now. Sandals, too, in the summer.

So I can wear sneakers with the cuffs down, even though the jeans won't hang down over the shoes? Won't they look like high water jeans or is that the style? I have a new pair of great sneakers from Vans that I love. They'd likely look good with those kinds of jeans. I wear them with my regular length jeans.

So I can wear sneakers with the cuffs down, even though the jeans won't hang down over the shoes? Won't they look like high water jeans or is that the style? I have a new pair of great sneakers from Vans that I love. They'd likely look good with those kinds of jeans. I wear them with my regular length jeans.

I thinks both the Vans and booties would look

Good with them.

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m wearing them today, so I had my son take a picture. They donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t look like high waters, but the socks do show, so I am making sure my socks coordinate with my outfit as opposed to wearing the white athletic socks that I like so much. I usually end up on black socks, but these are brown. I also have a pair of black and gray striped socks that I wear, too.

https://pin.it/dix2gleuvhhbwk

• Like 2

I thinks both the Vans and booties would look

Good with them.

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m wearing them today, so I had my son take a picture. They donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t look like high waters, but the socks do show, so I am making sure my socks coordinate with my outfit as opposed to wearing the white athletic socks that I like so much. I usually end up on black socks, but these are brown. I also have a pair of black and gray striped socks that I wear, too.

https://pin.it/dix2gleuvhhbwk

Ok, see I like that length. The pair of boyfriend jeans I tried on were higher than that but I do have long legs. More of my ankle would be showing. We'll see if Emma can find a pair to put in my trunk.

• Like 1

I just got my 2nd stitch fix box. I love the jeans and the pants that were in the box. I also loved one of the tops. I am keeping all of these. I am wearing the pants and the top that I like right now and have been all day.

I really thought that they wouldn't be able to find any pants for me since I have such a hard time finding pants in the stores. Their big wins have been pants though. I'm really glad that they have been able to find pants for me of the appropriate length that come to the waist and actually have pockets, real pockets.

I rejected the tank top with the huge ugly floral pattern. Regardless of the pattern I wouldn't have kept it because I thought I was going to bust out the seams trying to get it over my chest. I could barely breathe with it on. And I don't generally wear tank tops because they accentuate my enormous chest. Eventually I hope to have breast reduction surgery, but that won't be until after my youngest graduates from college.

I also rejected the 3/4 sleeve grey top. While it was okay, that's all it was. I own ONE 3/4 sleeve top and ONE long sleeve top. I will wear one or the other maybe 3-4x/year. It's just too hot here. I only wear short sleeves or sleeveless. It's hot in Texas year round. On those rare days when it is colder, I will wear a jacket.

• Like 3

From my last box, I decided to keep just one item, the green pull-over sweater (top left if this turns out right!):

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/548946642071583140

It is one of the most comfortable sweaters I've ever owned.  Very thick and warm, but soft, and not wool.  I love wool, but I get itchy if it touches my bare skin.  I wasn't sure about the bell sleeves on this, but in the end it's a unique style and I decided I kind of like it.  (My dd loved it.)  I returned the mustard cords which I mostly liked but decided I might not wear them so often.  Also, they weren't as comfortable as I'd like.  When I leaned over in them, there was a big gap at the waist.  The shoes were too wide, and the blouse and sweater combo were more special occasion items and I generally prefer things I can wear every day.  

I get my next one in early January, before heading to hot weather for a couple months, so I did make some specific requests for that box.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but have you guys looked at ThredUp? It's an online secondhand store. I just scored a $550 Armani wool skirt for $18 and another $70 skirt for $11. Most items have a 14 day return policy, which is pretty great.

But it's not a site that picks clothes for you and sends them to you, or at least it doesn't look that way. The prices you paid are fantastic! I dislike shopping online because I can't try on clothes and it's usually a hassle to return them. Also, the site wouldn't let me look around without putting in my email address. I find that so annoying! Can't I just look at your merchandise without telling you who I am?

Slightly off topic, but have you guys looked at ThredUp? It's an online secondhand store. I just scored a $550 Armani wool skirt for $18 and another $70 skirt for $11. Most items have a 14 day return policy, which is pretty great.

I stopped buying from them lately. Too many well used items and clothing just didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t fit. Pieces that were shrunk, needed repair and stuff. They were great until this past year.

Well it's getting close to my next fix but I am going to have to cancel it. I got my first speeding ticket in over 20 years yesterday and this is my self induced punishment to use these funds to pay for the stupid ticket instead Ă°Å¸ËœÂµ

I was driving a family borrowed truck while my van was in the shop and it has a lot more power than I am used to and I wasn't paying attention. No stitch fix for me til after Christmas now :(

I loved my box, but I had sizing issues. The pants (maroon skinny cords) and cardigan (oversized, grey, soft) were fabulous. Two shirts and a skirt were enormous (go Weight Watchers!!). I couldn't get exchanges on sizes, so I emailed them and asked for the 25% discount, since I would have bought everything, and another box. They were fabulous and helpful. They gave me the discount and I'm looking forward to another box. Love Stitch Fix.

• Like 2

I'm able to see my trunk that's being prepared. I don't know when it will ship out considering we are so close to Thanksgiving. Usually there are 10 items in the trunk. My stylist put in two pairs of boyfriend jeans but now that the trunk is being prepared, one of them has disappeared and my trunk will only have 9 items. They must have not had my size in stock between the time she chose it and them preparing it.

I added up the items I know I want to keep if they fit right and it's $400. I can't spend more than $300 so I'll have to be choosy. And of course I might not like the fit of some of the items. Honestly, I'd like to spend $200 and take the other $100 and go shopping at Target and Kohls. I'll see what happens when I try on the clothes.

I have my next fix on the way. I was going to wait until after baby and losing the weight, but I can't find anything I want to wear for newborn pictures next month. Living rurally makes it harder too so I asked DH if I could try it out to see if there's at least one thing to use. I don't intend on keeping it all, but we will see. I did remember I had a gift card from last Christmas to use on stitch fix, so I can use that this time hopefully!

Ok, I got my trunk. I have mixed feelings. I'm not keeping nearly as much as I had thought because I didn't like the things once I got them on.

Spotlight On Lace Bralette: perfect fit. I got a black one in my last trunk and specifically requested a white one. Keeping.

Crescent Parka Fleece by North Face: I liked this but it is so similar to another fleece jacket I own that I cannot justify the high price. I came close to buying it but at the last minute decided it wouldn't be a wise buy. So I'm bummed I'm not keeping this. Returning.

Long Sleeve Knit Tunic by Halogen: Love this shirt. It fits well and the material is lovely. Unfortunately most of the clothes I get can't go into the dryer so that bums me out. Definitely keeping.

Plaid Cotton Blend Shirt by BP: Cute shirt. Love the long length. I asked for a plaid shirt in my last trunk but didn't like it so she tried again and this one works. Keeping.

Long Sleeve Brushed Sweater by Caslon: I love the color and fit of this sweater but it's made of material that feels itchy. It's not a super bad feeling but I could tell if I wore it a long time, it would get annoying. Returning.

V-Neck Sweater by BP: Love this sweater! It has long arms and length. I love the burgandy color. I don't have anything like it. The only negative is it has a plunging neckline. I'll wear a layering tank with it. Keeping.

Keyhole Back V-Neck Tunic by Caslon: I was most excited about this shirt when I saw it in my preview. It's pretty. Unfortunately, the material is like a sweatshirt so it's boxy. I like loose flowing clothing. I felt this made my hips look big. Returning.

Right as Rain Packable Hooded Raincoat by Joules: I didn't decline this item during my preview because I wanted to give it a chance. It's not bad but it's not great. It's typical raincoat material so it makes crinkly sounds when I move. I just don't think it's worth the price. Returning.

Catherine Boyfriend Jeans by KUT from the Kloth: I wanted to like these so much but I just didn't like the rips in the legs. Both DH and dd said that style looks better on young people. I liked the fit and they would have been perfect to wear to the animal shelter where I volunteer but I decided against them because I value DH and dd's opinions. Returning.

My total for the 4 items I'm keeping is $181 which isn't bad for nice clothing. It also leaves me $120 to spend on other things I want for Christmas.

• Like 3

Well it's getting close to my next fix but I am going to have to cancel it. I got my first speeding ticket in over 20 years yesterday and this is my self induced punishment to use these funds to pay for the stupid ticket instead Ă°Å¸ËœÂµ

I was driving a family borrowed truck while my van was in the shop and it has a lot more power than I am used to and I wasn't paying attention. No stitch fix for me til after Christmas now :(

Awww, thatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s a bummer. I just got a speed camera ticket a few weeks ago, and I even knew to look out for it in that area. I was good on my way to my destination, but I forgot when I was leaving!

Quill, how did the red dress from Lands End work out? Trying to decide if I want it for half price...

I know you pmĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ed me about this, but I should have replied on this thread as well. I decided against the LandĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s End red dress. I have ordered two different red dresses from Boden which I hope will work. I think they will arrive tomorrow.

The LE dress is not terrible, but itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s not very body-con and I feel a little dowdy in it. I expect the Boden dresses will have a smarter look.

Right before Thanksgiving, I went to Charming CharlieĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s and bought a cute sweater dress in a Christmassy/wintery print. I also got two pairs of tights, one of which has a red metallic thread running theough it - dashing! I wore this on Thanksgiving. I would wear it in a pinch for a chorus performance, though it is a little more casual than the Boden dresses.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Fix yesterday. I wish I were smart enough to link items as many of you do.

I had asked for a Christmas Day outfit and a NYE outfit. Once again, I am finding that I am having good luck with bottoms but not tops. I kept two items - some black tuxedo pants (they are a nice heavy weight and have cute, sparkly trim down each leg) and a black pencil skirt with a faux leather black band at the bottom. Both good basics with a bit of flair that made them more interesting.

I returned a black (so much black in this Fix!) faux shearling moto jacket. The sleeves were a wee bit too long (zippers at sleeves would have made altering impossible). I could have dealt with that except there was one dumb, tiny pocket on the front of the jacket. It had the usual two side-slant pockets with zippers, but this was a randomly placed smaller flap pocket. Completely ruined the line of the garment, IMO.

I also returned a velvet burn out blouse. Black (again) background with navy/burgundy/purple flowers. It had a choker neckline, with black eyelet/lace trim on the 3/4 sleeves and across the chest as well as a sheer, pin dot fabric over the shoulders. Just *too* much going on. Plus, even though the sheer fabric had dots on it, you could still see my bra-straps through it. I have requested bra-strap friendly tops every time. Yes, they were covered, but visible because of the sheer fabric. Total no-go for me.

The last thing I returned was a red, Helmut Lang t shirt. Ridiculously overpriced for what it was, though the quality was very nice. The bigger issue was how SHORT it was! It seriously needed to be 4-5" longer. As an over-50 person, I certainly can't have even a sliver of tummy showing! This is the second, excessively expensive top I've received that was entirely too short.

To be fair, I looked around Dillards for tops/sweaters/blouses today and couldn't find anything I wanted at all. So, I must be top-challenged. I am on an as-requested basis with Stitch Fix, and I'm trying to decide if I want to order one for January. I do think my stylist mostly gets me. The burnout velvet blouse was to go with the tuxedo pants for NYE, and the red t and moto jacket with the black skirt for Christmas Day. So, she absolutely tried to send what I asked her. I just need better luck on my top half.

• Like 1

I finally got my first box on Thursday. I kept everything!!  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I would have considered some of the individual pieces overpriced, but with the 25% discount it seemed reasonable. My stylist is my friend's daughter, but she has only seen me twice in the last ten years (we live on opposite coasts) so I don't think that gave her a huge advantage. She listened carefully to all of my input, and I was more than satisfied. 

I got one pair of jeans and four tops. I asked for a fit that would highlight my legs (thin) and hide my middle (poochy). I got skinny jeans and tops with boxy bottoms. Perfect!

• Like 10

I finally got my first box on Thursday. I kept everything!!  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I would have considered some of the individual pieces overpriced, but with the 25% discount it seemed reasonable. My stylist is my friend's daughter, but she has only seen me twice in the last ten years (we live on opposite coasts) so I don't think that gave her a huge advantage. She listened carefully to all of my input, and I was more than satisfied. 

I got one pair of jeans and four tops. I asked for a fit that would highlight my legs (thin) and hide my middle (poochy). I got skinny jeans and tops with boxy bottoms. Perfect!

That's wonderful! :)

• Like 2

This is the second, excessively expensive top I've received that was entirely too short.

All the tops right now seem extreme to me.

Extremely long, extremely short, extremely full in the sleeves, or extremely bareshouldered.

I would feel grumpy about this if I wasn't enjoying the long ones so uncharacteristically much.  I'm on the short side, so often long tops make me look dumpy, but the current ones have some styles that skim but are not like big sacks, and those I am really enjoying.

• Like 4

I just chdcked in with SF today, in order to push my next fix back. It was due to come Jan 2. There is too much commotion with boxes arriving for Christmas and I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to worry about judging and returning SF clothes so soon after Christmas. So I pushed it to end of January.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Help Stitch Fix experts!

I think I want to keep all 5 items but I need to exchange one because it is too big from this month's fix. I went to checkout and it said an exchange was unavailable for that item. Will they still honor the 25% discount on the other 4 items or do I have to keep the thing that doesn't fit to receive the discount?

I got a great work outfit of slim straight Olive pants, a cute navy and peach polka dot top and an open cardigan in the same peach/pink/orange tone. Whatever color it is I find it flattering! I also got a burgundy cowl neck sweater (the too large item- the shoulder seams are halfway to my elbows) and a royal blue maxi dress that I thought I would hate but it's pretty cute.

The work outfit literally went straight on from the box and I wore it tonight! It came earlier than expected but I am claiming it as my last Christmas present. I am also enjoying longer tops than I would usually wear! Instead of making me feel frumpy like I think they will from the pictures, I am feeling quite pulled together lately.Ă°Å¸ËœÅ 

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 3

Help Stitch Fix experts!

I think I want to keep all 5 items but I need to exchange one because it is too big from this month's fix. I went to checkout and it said an exchange was unavailable for that item. Will they still honor the 25% discount on the other 4 items or do I have to keep the thing that doesn't fit to receive the discount?

I got a great work outfit of slim straight Olive pants, a cute navy and peach polka dot top and an open cardigan in the same peach/pink/orange tone. Whatever color it is I find it flattering! I also got a burgundy cowl neck sweater (the too large item- the shoulder seams are halfway to my elbows) and a royal blue maxi dress that I thought I would hate but it's pretty cute.

The work outfit literally went straight on from the box and I wore it tonight! It came earlier than expected but I am claiming it as my last Christmas present. I am also enjoying longer tops than I would usually wear! Instead of making me feel frumpy like I think they will from the pictures, I am feeling quite pulled together lately.Ă°Å¸ËœÅ 

I would think they could swap that item for another, if it's a sizing problem!  Why don't you email customer service and tell them you either need a smaller size in a different but similar item, or 25% off on just the four.  Hopefully they'll offer you one or the other!  My SF is due in a few days.  :) 

• Like 2

Help Stitch Fix experts!

If itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s something like jeans, they can sometimes send a different color in the correct size. Sometimes it does come down to stitch fix math (cheaper to keep an item and resell it than to return and lose the discount). I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t think theyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll give you 25% off on 4 items, even if they donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t have the exchange size.

So, update, I didn't do the MMLF weekend thing.

We went somewhere else for my birthday, and I got something that I am going to love for the rest of my life, instead of clothes.

HOWEVER!  I did hit the Nordstrom half yearly sale.

I got some cute but a bit shiny very skinny jeans from Kut from the cloth.

And some 40% off grey skinnyish jeans from Rebel, with shiny sequiny things on the front that I'm not loving but am putting up with because they look reasonable.

I really don't like the fact that most of the jeans now are either bell bottoms or straight leg.  I count on skinny jeans to make up my big on top/small on the bottom looks that have been working so well for me for a while.

But I also found an adorable slim black knit skirt that hits me mid-calf, perfect for New Year's Eve:  https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/vince-camuto-ruched-stretch-knit-midi-skirt-plus-size/3710983?origin=leftnav&cm_sp=Left%20Navigation-_-Skirts

And a burgundy stretch velvet tunic top with tie sleeves and a tie at a bottom spot (not all the way around), heavy, luxe, and great with the skirt for New Year's Eve. 

It's so nice to finally have a warm but dressy outfit--it's been years.  My mom is in the hospital, so DH and I took my dad out to dinner at a festive spot for the occasion.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 5

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve become hooked on seeing other peopleĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s fixes. I joined a FB group that is just SF reveals. Cheap entertainment, yĂ¢â‚¬â„¢all!

This made me :lol:. 

Maybe I will go the frugal route as well.

• Like 3

I tried Stitch Fix a few years ago and didn't have much luck. I have to admit that I am super picky about clothes. I really need some new things and you guys have convinced me to give it another shot.

I am excited to see what they send!

Edited by MaeFlowers
  • Like 2

I just finished reading this entire thread plus I looked up "stitch fix for older women" and was pleased with what I found. This is something I'd really like to do because my wardrobe is so stale and really needs an overhaul. I'm trying to lose 25 pounds so I don't want to buy any new clothes just yet, but I think I'm going to treat myself to this once I'm ready.

I'm a little concerned about getting the right clothes for Florida, as some posters said it was an issue. It seems the stylists don't understand that winter just doesn't happen here. Sure we had some really cold weather this week but the last time it was this cold was eight years ago.

Anyway, I loved reading this thread and looking at your links. I can't wait until I get to treat myself to this.

• Like 2

Got my Stitch Fix a couple days ago.  I don't get it on a particular schedule, and this is just my third one.  But, I'm going to hot weather for a couple months and wanted to update my style a bit.  I've been lacking in my summer style department for quite some time!

I got a very casual sleeveless maxi dress, something I suggested, and I've never had one before.  I like it!  It's a little different, with kind of Grecian style sleeves and bodice (two sleeves though, not just one like a toga :)) in a solid color, and then a printed skirt.

Then, wide legged pants in black, ankle length.  I suggested these too.  I've been wanting to try wide legged pants and these aren't too "out there."  I can either dress them up or down.  Real comfy, by Lyst.

Also, a simple gold necklace, also something I requested.  Not fancy, not bold at all.  Perfect.

I got a simple printed sleeveless blouse with a crocheted yoke, which is average.  I'll keep it because it's different than my other styles, though I don't absolutely love it.

Lastly, I got a pair of fitted bermuda shorts (Liverpool, I think).  They are almost the most comfortable pair of shorts I've ever worn, except I'm going to return them because they're too short.  I like bermuda shorts that fall just above my knees, and these are quite a bit shorter.

So I was mostly very pleased, except disappointed that the shorts were too short.  :)  My favorite items are the dress and the wide legged pants.  

• Like 2

I just finished reading this entire thread plus I looked up "stitch fix for older women" and was pleased with what I found. This is something I'd really like to do because my wardrobe is so stale and really needs an overhaul. I'm trying to lose 25 pounds so I don't want to buy any new clothes just yet, but I think I'm going to treat myself to this once I'm ready.

I'm a little concerned about getting the right clothes for Florida, as some posters said it was an issue. It seems the stylists don't understand that winter just doesn't happen here. Sure we had some really cold weather this week but the last time it was this cold was eight years ago.

Anyway, I loved reading this thread and looking at your links. I can't wait until I get to treat myself to this.

ThatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s awesome! I think it is a nice way to treat yourself.

I find it best to be as specific as possible in your profile and then in your stylist note. It still depends some on the stylist; some seem to Ă¢â‚¬Å“listenĂ¢â‚¬ better, or else maybe some stylists think they should be deliberately pushing the boundaries of what you said you liked.

• Like 1

I received my Stitch Fix today. I asked for an outfit but I'm not sure that I got one.

Alexus Cardigan. I'm not sure about this one. The color is much prettier in person and the sweater is really soft. I'm not sure how I feel about the bat wings and the length (almost knee). It's also really thin, though not see through.

Covington One Pocket Top. It is actually a dark navy with thin red stripe. It is super soft and fits well. It kind of makes me say, "Meh." The stylist says this can be worn with the sweater above but I'm not sure.

Audrina Modal Knit Puffer Vest. It is super soft and I love the color. It is definitely going back, though. It isn't a good color for me and is too big.

Waldo Grommet Detail Pullover. I just didn't like anything about this, including the fit. Definitely going back.

Aisley Distressed Skinny Jean. Another maybe. Super soft and comfy. Easy to move in. But, they give me pancake butt. I would definitely have to wear a long tunic with these. I don't own any tunic length shirts, though.

So, I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep. Being fashion challenged like I am I don't even know if these things look good on me. Ugh.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out adding links from photobucket. I think it works. Maybe.

Edited by MaeFlowers

I received my Stitch Fix today. I asked for an outfit but I'm not sure that I got one.

Alexus Cardigan. I'm not sure about this one. The color is much prettier in person and the sweater is really soft. I'm not sure how I feel about the bat wings and the length (almost knee). It's also really thin, though not see through.

Covington One Pocket Top. It is actually a dark navy with thin red stripe. It is super soft and fits well. It kind of makes me say, "Meh." The stylist says this can be worn with the sweater above but I'm not sure.

Audrina Modal Knit Puffer Vest. It is super soft and I love the color. It is definitely going back, though. It isn't a good color for me and is too big.

Waldo Grommet Detail Pullover. I just didn't like anything about this, including the fit. Definitely going back.

Aisley Distressed Skinny Jean. Another maybe. Super soft and comfy. Easy to move in. But, they give me pancake butt. I would definitely have to wear a long tunic with these. I don't own any tunic length shirts, though.

So, I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep. Being fashion challenged like I am I don't even know if these things look good on me. Ugh.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out adding links from photobucket. I think it works. Maybe.

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the alexus cardigan looks green and the covington one pocket top looks like a blue plaid. How would those go together? I like colors to match. I'm not good at putting together complimentary colors. I like the cardigan but have never owned anything with bat wings so I don't know if I'd be comfortable in it.

I've never understood puffer vests. If I cold enough for a vest, my arms are cold too. My mom got me one of these and I kept it like a dutiful daughter for 2 years and donated it.

I can't tell from the picture, but are those metal grommets going down the arms of the pullover? I'd think that would look a bit odd.

I'm sorry you didn't love everything. My advice is to keep only those things you love and that you know for a fact you'll wear. No maybes like I did. I've got two expensive blouses in my closet that I haven't even removed the tags from. I kept them because I thought I might wear them but I found other pieces I loved that made those maybe blouses a stupid purchase.

• Like 1

I canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t quite imagine the cardigan over that plaid top, but I can picture the plaid top with the vest, though I personally do not wear vests. I love the plaid top; I wish something like that would come in my next fix.

I think the grommet-sleeved top looks cool, but I will take your word for it that it doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t look good or fit well.

I've never understood puffer vests. If I cold enough for a vest, my arms are cold too. My mom got me one of these and I kept it like a dutiful daughter for 2 years and donated it.

Lol, this is exactly what I always think!

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the alexus cardigan looks green and the covington one pocket top looks like a blue plaid. How would those go together? I like colors to match. I'm not good at putting together complimentary colors. I like the cardigan but have never owned anything with bat wings so I don't know if I'd be comfortable in it.

I can't tell from the picture, but are those metal grommets going down the arms of the pullover? I'd think that would look a bit odd.

I'm sorry you didn't love everything. My advice is to keep only those things you love and that you know for a fact you'll wear. No maybes like I did. I've got two expensive blouses in my closet that I haven't even removed the tags from. I kept them because I thought I might wear them but I found other pieces I loved that made those maybe blouses a stupid purchase.

I think green and navy can go together. Just not this green and navy. And I think it is a weird mix of styles. Though what do I know. :laugh:

I also feel the same way about vests. Am I hot? Am I cold? I guess maybe it would be good for those hormonal days.

I canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t quite imagine the cardigan over that plaid top, but I can picture the plaid top with the vest, though I personally do not wear vests. I love the plaid top; I wish something like that would come in my next fix.

I think the grommet-sleeved top looks cool, but I will take your word for it that it doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t look good or fit well.

You should request the top. I think it would look good with your coloring. It is soooo soft but I felt overwhelmed by the print or something. The grommet top is soft, too, but it was just an odd fit on me. I didn't like where it hit. It's kind of an 80's look on.

I decided to send everything back. Night Elf is right. If I don't love it, I won't wear it. I will say that the things they sent this time were much nicer quality than what they sent two years ago. I think I need to give the stylist more direction the next time.

• Like 1

Too tired to link everything but I am only keeping one thing.

I tried to cancel as it's not in the budget this month but it was too late.

I got a necklace, a cardigan ting with no buttons(not my style) some Kut for the Kloth boyfriend jeans that I loved but they had a gap in the back and a purple sweatshirt that was just kind of boring.

I am keeping this shirt. It could not fit any better and it just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to wear it.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1e/4b/7d/1e4b7d96ef8fa9bebeb0b8f8a8b9e9d5.jpg

• Like 3

Too tired to link everything but I am only keeping one thing.

I tried to cancel as it's not in the budget this month but it was too late.

I got a necklace, a cardigan ting with no buttons(not my style) some Kut for the Kloth boyfriend jeans that I loved but they had a gap in the back and a purple sweatshirt that was just kind of boring.

I am keeping this shirt. It could not fit any better and it just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to wear it.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1e/4b/7d/1e4b7d96ef8fa9bebeb0b8f8a8b9e9d5.jpg

ThatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s beautiful! I would keep that, too!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a box coming? I'm saving money for my next trunk but at the rate I'm going it will be March before I can order. I'd like to have $300. I've never spent more than $250 though. I really don't need anything right now anyway. I'm having such a good time dressing up my jeans each day. I also bought a couple of sweat shirts which I need to wear at the thrift store. It's cold in the back and I don't want to wear nice clothes to that job.

And I'm also a bit miffed at myself. I was going through my closet and realized I had one shirt I bought and wore a couple of times but don't like, and another shirt that I haven't even worn once. It still has the tags on it. I put them both in the donation bag. I know I won't wear them. I paid good money for them too! Those were from my first two Stitch Fix boxes before I really started looking at possible clothing more carefully. With my trunks, I only buy items I love. I do not buy 'maybe'. I wish I had understood that the first two boxes. Oh well. Someone is going to get some nice tops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a box. I ordered jeans as Im working on my version of the capsule wardrobe. I asked for a pair of straight leg jeans and a pair of black jeans.

I got two pair of crops, a pair of straight leg jeans, a pair of black jeans and some balck jeggings. I also said high rise or mid rise and one of the pairs was low rise. I was kind of disappointed in that.

I ended up not keeping anything. The first pair of crops were from Pistola brand. Boyfriend cut is just not good for me.

The straight leg jeans were Kut from the Kloth brand. They were super heavy weight and made crinkly noises when I walked.

The black jeggings were Liverpool brand. They were super soft and comfy but didnt agree with my csection scar.

The other pair of crops and the black jeans were Just Black brand. They were the best fit but one was low rise and the other were just meh. Not comfy even.

I am feeling a bit frustrated. I dont want to be too specific because I want to try something new but I think I need to be more specific to weed out what I really dont want. This is two fixes in a row that I didnt keep anything. Im wondering if I should try it again or try trunk club?

• Like 1

I am feeling a bit frustrated. I dont want to be too specific because I want to try something new but I think I need to be more specific to weed out what I really dont want. This is two fixes in a row that I didnt keep anything. Im wondering if I should try it again or try trunk club?

That's why I went to Trunk Club. I wasn't satisfied with my Stitch Fix boxes. Do you have a Pinterest clothing board? Would your Stitch Fix stylist look at that?

• Like 1