Menu

THE Stitch Fix reporting thread

Ginevra

Well, I peeked. And now I’m pretty disappointed. We’ll have to see how things look IRL, but right now the only item that looks like a solid win is a crossbody bag. There is a pair of pants (maybe, if they fit well), two sweaters that don’t at first glance seem like strong wins to me and a red dress that might be nice but isn’t quite what I had in mind. So, we’ll see. There is a good chance I will only keep the purse unless it turns out I like all the things much better IRL.

The sweaters: one is white or cream with horizontal stripes. I don’t really ever wear horizontal stripes. It looks like it might be closer to tunic length, which would be a plus for me; I like to cover my butt when wearing skinny pants. So, we’ll see, but my inital feeling is probably not. The other top or sweater is black with bell or floaty sleeves and a floaty-ish hem. This may look a lot better on my body than in the picture, and I am interested to see how they style it. But my inital feeling is that I wouldn’t pick this out. So, again, we’ll see.

So, darn.

Dark horizontal stripes on a white or cream top look really chic under a casual jacket or longer cardigan.  Didn't you get an anorak or some kind of coat?  I'll bet that striped top would look great under that with skinny jeans and those awesome olive booties (that was you, too, right?) 

• Like 4

My Fix arrived today. We are traveling to see ds at his college for (and around) Thanksgiving and will be attending two football games, so I asked for a "football fix." I do love my stylist, and she totally gets me. She absolutely listens to what I want and does her best to fulfill my requests. I kept the red Liverpool Cameryn skinny pants, a red Bagatelle Evie Velvet Trim Peacoat, and a black Marc New York Georgina Faux Fur Trim Hood Puffer vest. I am sending back two tops. Blouses and tops have always been challenging for me with Stitch Fix. Both were okay/cute but waaaayyyyy overpriced for what were basically a long-sleeved Henley t-shirt (gray and black stripes) for $88 and a French Terry sweatshirt (light gray leopard print) for $106. I would have purchased both IF they had cost about half of what they did. I think Stitch Fix's pants, jeans, skirts, and sweaters are fairly priced with good quality but blouses/tops are crazy to me. Lower quality and overpriced. They also tend to be quite boxy and shapeless even though I always indicate I like some shaping. Even a dart at the bust would help, but so many are just boxes. It's disappointing as I really need some nice, long-sleeved tops for layering to take with me. Guess I'll hit B&M stores before we travel.

Edited by Hoggirl
  • Like 7

Dark horizontal stripes on a white or cream top look really chic under a casual jacket or longer cardigan. Didn't you get an anorak or some kind of coat? I'll bet that striped top would look great under that with skinny jeans and those awesome olive booties (that was you, too, right?)

I did get a gorgeous trench-length cardigan from SF last fix, and yes, I got the olive booties. I haven’t written off anything in this fix until I see it IRL. If the sweater is warm and tunic-length, I almost may not care whether I like stripes or not because I want to be warm and I want my butt covered. So, we’ll see. That is part of the point of SF for me; trying things I might pass over automatically otherwise.

I agree with Hoggirl. The tops are tending to cost a lot for what they are. So that is part of my reluctance with the two tops. They are pricey. So they will have to bring something to the table for me, or else I will send them back. I’m disappointed there wasn’t a better selection or things I could wear for the Christmas chorus programs.

• Like 6

I did get a gorgeous trench-length cardigan from SF last fix, and yes, I got the olive booties. I haven’t written off anything in this fix until I see it IRL. If the sweater is warm and tunic-length, I almost may not care whether I like stripes or not because I want to be warm and I want my butt covered. So, we’ll see. That is part of the point of SF for me; trying things I might pass over automatically otherwise.

I agree with Hoggirl. The tops are tending to cost a lot for what they are. So that is part of my reluctance with the two tops. They are pricey. So they will have to bring something to the table for me, or else I will send them back. I’m disappointed there wasn’t a better selection or things I could wear for the Christmas chorus programs.

I tried to find the olive boots but my size was sold out. But after all the comments of what a great color boot to have I finally found some suede olive booties. I like reading about the stitch fix but have yet to order one. Maybe one day.

• Like 2

Well, I peeked. And now I’m pretty disappointed. We’ll have to see how things look IRL, but right now the only item that looks like a solid win is a crossbody bag. There is a pair of pants (maybe, if they fit well), two sweaters that don’t at first glance seem like strong wins to me and a red dress that might be nice but isn’t quite what I had in mind. So, we’ll see. There is a good chance I will only keep the purse unless it turns out I like all the things much better IRL.

The sweaters: one is white or cream with horizontal stripes. I don’t really ever wear horizontal stripes. It looks like it might be closer to tunic length, which would be a plus for me; I like to cover my butt when wearing skinny pants. So, we’ll see, but my inital feeling is probably not. The other top or sweater is black with bell or floaty sleeves and a floaty-ish hem. This may look a lot better on my body than in the picture, and I am interested to see how they style it. But my inital feeling is that I wouldn’t pick this out. So, again, we’ll see.

So, darn.

I still haven't done it but since fall arrived in my neck of the woods - finally - I may take the plunge.

If you kept all the items in the box you described above, what is the average cost? Is there such a thing as average per item cost?

ETA: Never mind. Just saw Hoggirl's post.

Edited by Liz CA

I still haven't done it but since fall arrived in my neck of the woods - finally - I may take the plunge.

If you kept all the items in the box you described above, what is the average cost? Is there such a thing as average per item cost?

ETA: Never mind. Just saw Hoggirl's post.

You can set your price point to whatever you like, and one option is "as cheap as possible" - or something like that. I believe that they state that the average price per item is $55-$60. Most of the pants/jeans are $78-$88. A lot of tops are less. However, I increased my price point in the hope of getting better quality items that might be styles I liked better. I do think the fabrication in the tops they send has improved (silk instead of synthetic, blends with more natural fibers, etc), but I am still not crazy about the styles. I have kept a couple of tops (this was my 8th fix, though I took a break for awhile). The jeans/bottoms have fit me really well - even the length. I have found this to be the experience with my friends who have used SF as well - they tend to be happier with items other than tops/blouses.

You also receive a 25% discount if you buy all five items that they send you. I think I have had two 5-for-5 boxes.

They also offer jewelry, scarves, shoes, and handbags, but I have always specifically asked for all clothing.

Edited by Hoggirl
  • Like 3

So I don't need another box right now. And I told DH I would wait until next year. Then I told him I wanted one for my Christmas gift and would order in November. So it's November, right? I suppose I should wait a while longer. Maybe I'll wait to the beginning of December. To be honest, I don't know what to ask for. I've really got enough clothes and shoes. I'm just addicted to getting boxes. I guess I could try Stitch Fix again instead of Trunk Club but I really like my stylist at TC. 

Anyone getting a box in November or waiting for December?

So, darn.

Mine is arriving Monday, but I decided not to peek!  (I wish I didn't even know that that was a possibility!  :))

This will just be my second box.  The first one was great, although I probably wouldn't have thought that if I had peeked, because a couple items didn't look like ones I'd like at first.  I did put in my settings to never send me anything with stripes, or cropped pants.  I don't really care for the current trend of bell sleeves, so I hope I don't get that.  I did specifically request a holiday item for this box.  We'll see what that turns out to be!

• Like 2

My Fix arrived today. We are traveling to see ds at his college for (and around) Thanksgiving and will be attending two football games, so I asked for a "football fix." I do love my stylist, and she totally gets me. She absolutely listens to what I want and does her best to fulfill my requests. I kept the red Liverpool Cameryn skinny pants, a red Bagatelle Evie Velvet Trim Peacoat, and a black Marc New York Georgina Faux Fur Trim Hood Puffer vest. I am sending back two tops. Blouses and tops have always been challenging for me with Stitch Fix. Both were okay/cute but waaaayyyyy overpriced for what were basically a long-sleeved Henley t-shirt (gray and black stripes) for $88 and a French Terry sweatshirt (light gray leopard print) for $106. I would have purchased both IF they had cost about half of what they did. I think Stitch Fix's pants, jeans, skirts, and sweaters are fairly priced with good quality but blouses/tops are crazy to me. Lower quality and overpriced. They also tend to be quite boxy and shapeless even though I always indicate I like some shaping. Even a dart at the bust would help, but so many are just boxes. It's disappointing as I really need some nice, long-sleeved tops for layering to take with me. Guess I'll hit B&M stores before we travel.

That sounds like such a stylish football outfit!  Sounds lovely!

I agree that the two shirts I received in my first box (all I've gotten so far) were the two things that seemed over priced.  The quality seemed fine, and I do like the shirts.  But I feel like if I had shopped around I could have easily found similar shirts at the same quality for half the price.  I tend to like looser fitting blouses and  shirts in the summer, but I specifically asked them to send snugger fitting ones for the winter in my next box, because I generally wear cardigans over them anyway.

• Like 1

You can set your price point to whatever you like, and one option is "as cheap as possible" - or something like that. I believe that they state that the average price per item is $55-$60. Most of the pants/jeans are $78-$88. A lot of tops are less. However, I increased my price point in the hope of getting better quality items that might be styles I liked better. I do think the fabrication in the tops they send has improved (silk instead of synthetic, blends with more natural fibers, etc), but I am still not crazy about the styles. I have kept a couple of tops (this was my 8th fix, though I took a break for awhile). The jeans/bottoms have fit me really well - even the length. I have found this to be the experience with my friends who have used SF as well - they tend to be happier with items other than tops/blouses.

You also receive a 25% discount if you buy all five items that they send you. I think I have had two 5-for-5 boxes.

They also offer jewelry, scarves, shoes, and handbags, but I have always specifically asked for all clothing.

I agree about “as cheap as possible.†I had that at first for some selections, but I changed it because I don’t want crappy quality. I also at first did not want any accessories, but then I changed that to a “sometimes†thing. It does give the stylist a way to balance the price of the total fix. The first time I got jewelry was when I wanted all dresses for my beach trip. The stylist included a choker necklace, which I like and wear. I think this is partly to help keep the overall cost down because otherwise, a fix with five dresses in it will be at the high, high end of my budget.

• Like 3

Anyone who has used Trunk Club—is it customary to receive complete outfits? I mean tops and bottoms that go together, not necessarily shoes and accessories? I signed up and got my preview but declined the entire trunk for, among other reasons, the complete absence of outfits—not one top went with one bottom. The stylist seemed mystified that this was an issue because I had not asked for complete outfits. I assumed it was a given.

So, my fix arrived. Here’s my assessment of all the items IRL:

Crossbody bag -yes. This is a bit bigger than I expected and I’m a timy-purse kind of gal, but I like the shape, style and colr, and the compartment configuration is good and I expect, will meet my needs. 9/10

The black blouse with the super-bell sleeves is an absolute no. I hate the shape of this top. It is horrid! The hem is also staggered so it is shorter in the front than the sides and it literally looks like it’s framing my crotch. Horrid. 0/10.

The cream and dark navy or black striped sweater is pretty good. It is true I don’t gravitate to stripes, but this is warmer and better than I expected and it is a long sweater that covers my butt. The sleeves are a bit long. It has a button detail on the sleeve which I like, but I have to turn back the sleeve a little, obscuring the buttons anway. I’m pretty certain I am keeping this. 7/10.

The dark brown skinny Liverpool pants, I am on the fence. They fit great and feel buttery soft and are stretchy like thick leggings. However, they are absolutely form-fitting along every inch and I’m not super-comfortable with that. They do look great with the striped sweater, because it is long enough to cover my butt. They were totally horrid with the black blouse framing my crotch! I may have to try them with several of my other tops to see if I can expect to wear them with several things. Obviously, I won’t keep them if they *only* look good with the striped sweater. 7/10.

The raspberry dress that is intended to be my Christmas program dress -No. The color is gorgeous and the fabric is a wonderfully soft flannel-like fabric. But I don’t like the shape or fit of this dress. There is a very odd aspect to the sleeves: the seam that is supposed to be the shoulder seam is almost at my bicep. The sleeves fit smoothly, except for this weird bump under my shoulder where the seam is strangely far lower than normal. I also want something that is fit and flare or all fitted shape, but this is gathered at the waist with a tie. It’s just not...chic enough. I like the clean lines of something fitted smoothly. Gathering looks casual to me. Also, the gathers make it bunchy around the back, but then it fit’s smoothly over my booty. So it just is kinda non sequitor there - bunchy back and then a smooth ass. But it does kill me a little bit that this dress doesn’t work because I LOVE the soft fabric and the color. 5/10. Return.

My biggest disappointment here is that I still don’t have a dress for the Christmas programs. The Crossbody is very good; it is the best match for my style in the box. My score for the overall fix is going to be low. This box does not represent my style very well, though I may or will keep the sweater and the pants, along with the bag. I am on the fence about whether to let them try again for the Christmas dress or just send this stuff back and postpone having another fix until next year (Jan).

• Like 3

Has anyone tried Trendsend by Evereve? I may give it a try. I like that they don't have a styling fee.

Never heard of it. Interesting! I like that there is no styling fee. That pretty much makes it a nothing-to-lose situation. Looking at their website, I don’t love their clothes. Some of it is cute, but a lot of it is really NOT. Price point seems similar to the rest (ie: more than I usually spend on clothes, but not insane). Let us know if you try it!

Edited by Sassenach

Anyone who has used Trunk Club—is it customary to receive complete outfits? I mean tops and bottoms that go together, not necessarily shoes and accessories? I signed up and got my preview but declined the entire trunk for, among other reasons, the complete absence of outfits—not one top went with one bottom. The stylist seemed mystified that this was an issue because I had not asked for complete outfits. I assumed it was a given.

I know they have themed boxes so you'd probably get a complete outfit in one of those. Otherwise you'd need to tell your stylist you're looking for outfits, not just random pieces. I didn't get an outfit with Stitch Fix either, just random pieces.

My TC stylist did a great job of matching some items I asked for in my last box.

• Like 1

I peeked at my box due Tuesday. I do like surprises but I really do take a long time to make small decisions,lol... Three days is just not long enough for me to decide. So instead of asking for more time for every single fix, I decided to peek to give myself more deliberation time.

I asked for cute tops, dress pants, and maybe something special like a wrap dress to wear for Christmas. I specified needing at least one black and white blouse and the others fun and colorful. She definitely listens and sends what I ask for which I really appreciate. The shape of the two shell tanks she is sending have me a bit concerned but I am withholding judgement. I do like to layer and they may be fine under a sweater. I am busty so anything that cuts in and shows where my bra strap is I find uncomfortable and one is cut in like that (the black and white one). The other is a pretty bright fun one that might work, as it is cut a little better for me. I would have preferred sleeves but I can layer.

I seriously doubt I will keep the olive crop dress pants. I haven't met a pair of crop ankle pants I like yet. They always make me feel shorter and fatter than I already am! She also picked out a pretty fuchsia/violet geometric faux wrap dress with a matching cardigan that might be a win. Although I still haven't worn that anniversary dress I got last month so I wonder if I really need another dress. This one looks like I might be able to dress it up or down so it might be a church option though.

So maybe on the two tops, dress, and sweater. I have about given up on getting pants I like. They have sent a couple of jeans I liked but so expensive. I haven't liked any of the dress pants they have sent me so far so I guess I am a bit set in my ways with those. I really like the personalization and will be happy if I find one thing I love. I will update on Tuesday when I try the clothes on!

• Like 2

My biggest disappointment here is that I still don’t have a dress for the Christmas programs. The Crossbody is very good; it is the best match for my style in the box. My score for the overall fix is going to be low. This box does not represent my style very well, though I may or will keep the sweater and the pants, along with the bag. I am on the fence about whether to let them try again for the Christmas dress or just send this stuff back and postpone having another fix until next year (Jan).

I don't quite understand this.  You can ask them to exchange an item for a completely different style?  I thought you could only change sizes, or are you talking about getting a new box altogether?

I received my box two days early...  

It was my second box, and I'm not so sure about it.  I asked mostly for winter casuals -- like warm pants and sweaters, and also a holiday piece (not specifying anything in particular).  This is what I got:

Mustard skinny cords (mustard/gold is a color I love) from their Hawthorn brand.  I think they fit me pretty well, but will need to try them on again to decide.  I do wish they were a little thicker.  (Our winters are very cold!!)

A really thick, soft crew-neck sweater in an evergreen.  I LOVE the fabric.  I DON'T know if I like the bell sleeves!  (And I had just been joking upthread that I hope I don't get a sweater with bell sleeves!)  On the other hand, I realize I'm pretty boring with my style so maybe it's good to expand it a bit.

A long cardigan with an ivory/black weave.  Looking at it, I wasn't so impressed.  I liked it more when I tried it on though.  I think I could wear a colorful turtleneck under it, and I like how it is long enough to cover my hips.  Still thinking about this though.

Brown pointy casual flats which I won't wear.  These will definitely go back.  I either wear ankle boots or sandals pretty much, when we're talking everyday wear!  And, I specifically put narrow in my profile and maybe these run narrow, but they're not a true narrow and my heel completely slips out.

A multi-colored silky flowy short-sleeved blouse with a kind of paisley vintage print.  I just don't know what to think of this.  First, I asked for a tighter-fitting winter (long-sleeved) shirt that I could wear under sweaters with this box, and a holiday piece, and this was neither.  I would never wear this in the winter here.  Possibly if it were red or green or gold, I could see it as them fulfilling my holiday piece request, but this is mostly red, white, and blue.  I did try it on and actually liked it more on than off, but I have absolutely no idea what to wear it with.  What would it even match?  

I'm disappointed that I didn't get my holiday piece.  If it's possible to exchange an item for a different style altogether, I'd try and exchange the blouse for at least something in a traditional holiday color.

I'll have to think about whether to keep any of these or not! 

• Like 2

I don't quite understand this. You can ask them to exchange an item for a completely different style? I thought you could only change sizes, or are you talking about getting a new box altogether?

You can schedule an “emergency†box. I could fume about and rant about not getting what I need for the Christmas program and reschedule a box for just ten days or so away. This is basically what I did in the summer when the box I asked for with dresses for my vacation had several things that went against my requests. The second box with vacation dresses was a hit.

It is essentially just getting a new box on a shorter time frame.

• Like 2

I tried on the striped sweater and the skinny pants again last night and I have decided to send them back. I am keeping only the crossbody. The sweater is good, but it is expensive for what it is. I was looking theough a LE catalog and they have beautiful tunic-length sweaters with a more interesting stitch AND I could get one in a holiday color, for about the same price. It also bugs me that the sweater has the nice button detail but I can’t wear the sleeves with the buttons showing; they are too long.

The pants are just too much display of my body. They look good with the tunic sweater but I am not comfortable with any regular-length shirt and these pants. My feeling is that I would gravitate to wearing my skinny jeans because I am just more comfortable with more coverage. They are truly just like leggings with a button and zip fly. I am most bothered by the close fit right at my...uh...secret place. The proverbial “th!gh g@p.†I don’t want anyone looking there. Even my skinniest jeans don’t give *that* much information.

As an aside, I have a theory. The times I have gotten a very poorly suited box have been the times I had a credit waiting. It gives me pause. I feel like they try to waste my credit with a less-suited box.

• Like 1

I just ordered another fix. I requested a "festive" dress to wear at a formal January wedding and another pair of Kut from the Kloth jeans. We will see what happens!

Nordstrom has a great selection of Kut From the Kloth jeans with free shipping and free returns in case you want to check out the styles. The cords are really nice too and come in great colors.

Edited by lewber
  • Like 3

Has anyone ever tried MM.LaFleur?

I want tailored dress clothes and this looks like an option, but it also looks very pricey.

They have very interesting articles on their website.

https://mmlafleur.com

I have a couple of FB friends who "like" MM LaFleur.

This is how I love to dress, but I have no use for such professional clothing during this season of my life.

• Like 1

I just ordered my first-ever Stitch Fix :) I actually know someone IRL who works there as a stylist so I requested her. My wardrobe is really in bad shape and I hate clothes shopping so I am excited!

I happen to know you have a least two outfits that look wonderful on you. :)

• Like 1

I have a couple of clothes sitting in my shopping cart at Lands End and Talbots, to make up for not getting what I need in this fix. My only issue? I just despise having to return things! If they don’t pan out...ugh! I will go mad.

I have a couple of clothes sitting in my shopping cart at Lands End and Talbots, to make up for not getting what I need in this fix. My only issue? I just despise having to return things! If they don’t pan out...ugh! I will go mad.

I can relate to this! It's just one more thing to do when it doesn't work out! If it helps, use the code FRIENDS40 at Talbots and you will get 40% off of one item and 30% off of the rest of your order. Lands End has 40% off of your order w/the code LOVING and 9012 for the PIN. The banner on the top of the Lands End page says it's "today only" but they had the same deal yesterday with a different code - so who knows how long it will last. 

• Like 1

I can relate to this! It's just one more thing to do when it doesn't work out! If it helps, use the code FRIENDS40 at Talbots and you will get 40% off of one item and 30% off of the rest of your order. Lands End has 40% off of your order w/the code LOVING and 9012 for the PIN. The banner on the top of the Lands End page says it's "today only" but they had the same deal yesterday with a different code - so who knows how long it will last.

Thanks. Yes, I just ordered two things at LE using that code. IF they work out, I will be glad I got them in place of the failed SF box. I ordered the red ponte ress and the tunic-length sweater in mulberry. I’ll add links in a minute.

The red dress to wear to the Christmas program: https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-elbow-sleeve-ponte-sheath-dress/id_314769?sku_0=::ZTU

The sweater: https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-cozy-aran-sweater/id_317184?sku_0=::7FU

Edited by Quill

Were you able to talk to the stylist beforehand? I told my stylist that I was after black leggings and jeans and sweaters/shirts to go with them and that's what I got, along with some shoes, a purse, and a hat. 

I like surprises.  :001_smile:  

On another note...I put on a sweater that I kept from my last fix and noticed that there is a hole in the sleeve. I didn't see it when I tried it on. I've contacted customer service about an exchange. I hope they are easy to work with. 

Just to follow up...they responded quickly and offered a return/refund or a 15% credit for repairs. They didn't have another sweater to give me an exchange, which is disappointing because I like the sweater. 

Ok so I tried on my fix and I am surprised that a couple of pieces I thought I would love I don't really like. And the shirt I thought wouldn't work is really cute. I was right about the crop pants though.

So the faux wrap dress is ok but i don't love it. I rarely love dresses and prefer separates so this doesn't surprise me. The crop pants were truly awful. Baggy and short and just so unflattering. One of the tops was a bit bright with neon coral and yellow and white flowers on a bright purple background. I did ask for fun and colorful but that went a bit too far for me. Maybe in the summer with a pair of white jeans but I am not feeling it right now. The black and white polka dotted shell tank was baby doll shaped with a couple of layers to it and it looked pretty cute under the violet open cardigan they sent. I could wear those two pieces to work or more casually with jeans.

So now I have 2 tops that layer well together and I really like them. I could literally wear it today. So now it is just price considerations. The price on the shell tank seems quite high ($54) but the sweater isn't too bad at $38. I am fine with spending around $100 a month. I just know I could find similar items cheaper if I went out shopping, so again that always makes me pause. But even if I had a day to myself to do such a thing, I would honestly rather spend it catching up with an old friend.

So I think I am going to buy an overpriced shell tank and cardigan and wear them to pick my kids up from co-op tonight 😉

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 7

I got my second fix on Saturday and have taken until today to decide. 

Liverpool Cameryn skinny pant in olive ($88)- This was petite, ankle length, and it actually fit! I end up hemming a lot of pants so this was a nice surprise. This fit nicely and I need pants that are not jeans, so this is a keep.

41 Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan in burnt orange.($38) - This was a pretty, drapey cardigan, but the sleeves were too long. Return

41 Hawthorn Montgomery Cross Front Knit Top in navy ($48)- I put in my notes not to send me sleeveless tops, so I'm not sure why this was sent. I didn't care for the fit or pattern. Return.

Justin Taylor Garland floral print infinity scarf in orange ($28)- This was okay, but I just don't like wearing scarves. Return.

Kut From the Kloth Sinclaire Button front blouse in navy ($68) - I loved the colors and pattern of this one, but I had a really hard time with the price. I eventually decided that this is to treat myself so I went ahead and got it. Keep

So I ended up keeping the most expensive items. Hopefully, that doesn't create problems in the future!

• Like 5

Liverpool Cameryn skinny pant in olive ($88)- This was petite, ankle length, and it actually fit! I end up hemming a lot of pants so this was a nice surprise. This fit nicely and I need pants that are not jeans, so this is a keep.

41 Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan in burnt orange.($38) - This was a pretty, drapey cardigan, but the sleeves were too long. Return

41 Hawthorn Montgomery Cross Front Knit Top in navy ($48)- I put in my notes not to send me sleeveless tops, so I'm not sure why this was sent. I didn't care for the fit or pattern. Return.

Justin Taylor Garland floral print infinity scarf in orange ($28)- This was okay, but I just don't like wearing scarves. Return.

Kut From the Kloth Sinclaire Button front blouse in navy ($68) - I loved the colors and pattern of this one, but I had a really hard time with the price. I eventually decided that this is to treat myself so I went ahead and got it. Keep

So I ended up keeping the most expensive items. Hopefully, that doesn't create problems in the future!

I absolutely love the blouse you are keeping. I may have to find one for myself. I bet it pairs well with the pants you are keeping.

• Like 2

I love the orange cardigan. I love a long length in sleeves, like on my hands. I don't like things that stop at the wrist because it usually rides up then it shows my wrist and I think that looks weird.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever tried MM.LaFleur? 

I want tailored dress clothes and this looks like an option, but it also looks very pricey. 

They have very interesting articles on their website. 

https://mmlafleur.com

I did MM. LaFleur once.  I kept a dress and a weird (in retrospect) little cardigan that went with the dress.  Shortly after that, the election happened, and they sent all of their customers a bizarre email the next day about how they were all in tears at the office and how they want to be there for us, their customers, in this time of crisis and whatnot.  I responded along the lines of, "I come to you for clothes, not for politics."  The CEO responded, telling me that they are a political entity, they make political decisions every day, blah blah blah.  I responded one final time, pointing out that someone who can afford to spend $300 for a dress probably doesn't need her advice on political decisions.  Then I unsubscribed from everything.  I wear the $300 dress occasionally, but I don't love it.  The shoulders are weird.  The cardigan I kept only goes with the dress; it looks awful with everything else I've tried it with (it's a cut-away, so there's no front; it's very fitted, pretty much just sleeves and a back).  Everything else was ugly.  

• Like 2

I did MM. LaFleur once.  I kept a dress and a weird (in retrospect) little cardigan that went with the dress.  Shortly after that, the election happened, and they sent all of their customers a bizarre email the next day about how they were all in tears at the office and how they want to be there for us, their customers, in this time of crisis and whatnot.  I responded along the lines of, "I come to you for clothes, not for politics."  The CEO responded, telling me that they are a political entity, they make political decisions every day, blah blah blah.  I responded one final time, pointing out that someone who can afford to spend $300 for a dress probably doesn't need her advice on political decisions.  Then I unsubscribed from everything.  I wear the $300 dress occasionally, but I don't love it.  The shoulders are weird.  The cardigan I kept only goes with the dress; it looks awful with everything else I've tried it with (it's a cut-away, so there's no front; it's very fitted, pretty much just sleeves and a back).  Everything else was ugly.  

I had a similar experience with Penzey's spices. After the election every email from them was bizarre...and there were many. I no longer buy from them. Hey, I get it...Bill Penzey doesn't like Trump. But I go to Penzey's to buy cumin, not for political crap.  Well, now I go to Spice House.  But you know what I mean. 

• Like 5

I absolutely love the blouse you are keeping. I may have to find one for myself. I bet it pairs well with the pants you are keeping.

Yes, it goes great with the new pants! I have a pair of flats I can wear with it but I want to find a cute pair of booties.

• Like 2

I love the orange cardigan. I love a long length in sleeves, like on my hands. I don't like things that stop at the wrist because it usually rides up then it shows my wrist and I think that looks weird.

You would probably like this one then! It was covering the bottom part of my thumb/palm. I liked the style otherwise; I actually have a similar one in blue.

• Like 1

That's bizarre! I decided to hold of on ordering because they are so very expensive. 

• Like 1

That's bizarre! I decided to hold of on ordering because they are so very expensive. 

I suppose you could write them and let them know the best way for the company to support and "be there" for you in the current political environment is to offer a steep discount!  ;)  

But truly, how bizarre!

• Like 2

Kut From the Kloth Sinclaire Button front blouse in navy ($68) - I loved the colors and pattern of this one, but I had a really hard time with the price. I eventually decided that this is to treat myself so I went ahead and got it. Keep

That blouse is super pretty. You made the right decision to keep it.

• Like 2

GUYS!

I have been debating this back and forth forever.  I love the idea of the surprise box and getting suggestions, but I'm picky and the clothes seem expensive and and and...

But, MM LaFleur has a pop up B and M store only 50 miles from me in San Francisco--same concept, you do the survey and they pull together and assortment of things for you to try on, but it's a bigger assortment than a box, and you order the stuff you end up wanting and they ship it out to you from NYC.  So, they have a few tops that I LOVE the looks of online, and I can request those to be included in the trying on process, plus the stuff their stylist recommends, AND it's still a private stylist meeting (champagne is involved, LOL), BUT I don't get anything I don't choose and so I don't need to worry about returning anything.  Plus I can assess the quality in person, because as I mentioned this is a higher price point than is usual for me so it has to be exceptionally well-fitting or otherwise high in quality to be attractive to me.

AND, I have a major birthday coming up AND DH's company Christmas party is the same night in San Francisco.

So, perfect!

• Like 7

I peeked! It looks like some will work and some won't. My delivery is due on Saturday. 

lace up flats - will have to go back, I just started wearing orthotic insoles and they won't fit in these

lace sleeve knit top - maybe, hard to tell from the picture

Kate boyfriend jean - yes! I asked for these

drape front blazer - I like the way it looks, we will see about the fit

lace dress - maybe, it's cap sleeved, so I'm not sure

• Like 1

It's here, it's here! Overall, I am pleased with the selections. 

This is what was in the box: 

Report Bell Faux Suede Lace Up Flat $39 ($29.25 after discount) - These are adorable! I received them in burgundy. I see online that they come in black and pink as well.  I have, however, recently started wearing orthotic insoles and they won't fit in these shoes. The sole of the shoe is also extremely stiff - unbendable, even. If it weren't for the discount, they would be going back, but I'm keeping them and putting them on my neighborhood Facebook page to sell. 

Loveappella Atherton Lace Sleeve Knit Top  $48 ($36 after discount)- It's cute, but I can't stand the fabric. It's very clingy and reminds me of a thick neglige, if that makes any sense. If it weren't for the discount, it would be going back. I'm not sure if I'll try to wear it with some jeans to dress them up, or if I'm going to try to sell it on the neighborhood Facebook page. 

Kut from the Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jeans $88 ($66 after discount) -  I received this same jean in my last Fix and I loved them, so I asked for another pair. Buttery soft, very comfy. I wear them with the cuffs up or down, depending on the weather and what I'm wearing them with. Keeping this! 

Noe Heights HIlleary Draping Front Woven Blazer $88 ($66 after discount) - This is fantastic! It is a black, fully lined twill blazer. The twill is very, well, small, maybe? It is super soft and will look awesome with blue jeans, slacks, skirts, you name it. I'm thrilled! Obviously, I'm keeping this! 

Beauport Val Lace Dress $88 - ($66 after discount) I asked for a dress to wear to a formal wedding that I am directing in January. I am not sure if I will wear it to the wedding, but I"ll wear it somewhere! I love it! It's a keeper! 

So, about keeping the items I don't like - well, it's all about the discount. 

Here's how it works out: 

Keep all five items - 

subtotal $351 

less 25% discount for keeping all items $-87.75

Sales tax $19.10

Credit styling fee $-20.00

Order total - $262.35

If I return the shoes and the blouse - 

subtotal $264

sales tax $19.14

Credit styling fee $-20.00

Order total - $263.14 

So, I am saving 79 cents and a trip to the post office if I keep everything, so keep it is. This is the second time I've had a fix be less expensive to keep everything than it is to return what I don't want. 

Now, I have to decide if I want another fix this year or if I'm going to hold off. Hmm...

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 6

It's here, it's here! Overall, I am pleased with the selections. 

Kut from the Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jeans $88 ($66 after discount) -  I received this same jean in my last Fix and I loved them, so I asked for another pair. Buttery soft, very comfy. I wear them with the cuffs up or down, depending on the weather and what I'm wearing them with. Keeping this! 

I got the same pair of jeans and sent them back because I didn't think I'd wear them in cold weather. When I uncuffed them, they only came to the bottom of my ankle and just seemed too short. What shoes do you wear with them?