Menu

THE Stitch Fix reporting thread

Ginevra

Got my second box last week. I asked for black pants, 3 tops, and jeans. The good news is that they listened and sent me everything I asked for. The bad news is that I didn't love any of the items. 

Items I received:

Daniel Rainn Lorence Henley Blouse. ($68) Similar to this but a red color. I like the print and material but the sleeves were too tight and I can't keep it buttoned. Has to go back. 

Le Lis Covington One Pocket Top ($58) I really like this one but the sleeves are a little too short so I'd probably have to keep them rolled up with the button. Haven't decided if this one is going back or not. Might be worth keeping with the $20 styling credit.  

Kut From the Kloth Maribel Straight Leg Jean ($88) I also like these jeans but they didn't fit in the waist. The length was good but there must have been a 1-inch gap all around the waist. For the price, they have to go back. 

Liverpool Harper Bootcut Pant ($88) These black pants fit but are stiff and a little too formal. I didn't love them so they'll go back. 

Kensie Arza Spacedye Cowl Neck Pullover ($78) Like the look of this sweater but not really soft and the sleeves and waist are a little too short. Has to go back. 

Kind of disappointed in this box. Not because of style but in the fit. Next time I'm going to really emphasize that I need my sleeves and waist to be longer. 

• Like 2

At work today I noticed a coworker was wearing the very same dotted blouse I just sent back. It looked cute on her.

It's funny; I often see clothes on people that I think, "That's a SF thing, I bet." There's a woman whose son is on my son's soccer team and she looks very well put together. She was just wearing a top that looks very similar to one of my best SF tops and I would bet money it is SF.

I've also thought that with some clothes other friends have worn and, in one case, a female local news associate. Her dress looked just like one I have seen on SF's style emails.

I peeked. Ă°Å¸Ëœ My SF is due Monday and I looked at the check out. I did have some lame excuse about how I did this because I'm not going to be here this weekend and I might not see it until Monday even if it gets here early, but really I was just curious and I looked. Assuming things fit properly and I end up liking the items on my body, this will be another hit.

I will wait to describe them until I can see how they fit and how I like them in person, but just as a teaser, there is one thing that is exactly what I wanted. It's a particular type of cardigan; I even nearly bought one of them IRL, but I didn't like the buttons on that one. I can hardly wait to see these items in person!

• Like 6

I peeked. Ă°Å¸Ëœ My SF is due Monday and I looked at the check out. I did have some lame excuse about how I did this because I'm not going to be here this weekend and I might not see it until Monday even if it gets here early, but really I was just curious and I looked. Assuming things fit properly and I end up liking the items on my body, this will be another hit.

I will wait to describe them until I can see how they fit and how I like them in person, but just as a teaser, there is one thing that is exactly what I wanted. It's a particular type of cardigan; I even nearly bought one of them IRL, but I didn't like the buttons on that one. I can hardly wait to see these items in person!

Jelly. I'd love to get another one right away, but I truly don't need any more clothes! I have taken to going back to real life shopping at my favorite store (White House/Black Market), and just can't justify ordering another Stitch Fix - at least not until November - lol! But I am eager to learn what you received! Hope it meets your expectations!

• Like 2

I peeked too! I couldn't help myself- terrible influences around here! I am very excited about this fix. I will wait to post til I get it Wednesday but I can tell my stylist was reading all my notes and she hit it all. Sizing has been good so far so I am hoping for the best- finally, fun looking clothes!

• Like 5

So many things that I see on Pinterest or as I look around are paired with jeans.   I cannot wear jeans at work.  I need pants.  I could wear a dress, I guess, but  that is too formal for school really.  I also need shoes that are comfortable!!  I am on my feet all day, particularly in music class when we are doing tons of choreography.  Leggings are not allowed.  If anyone has some cute casual outfit with pant ideas for Texas ( not huge sweaters!), let me know.

I got a Stitch Fix box and kept the whole thing.  Threre was one blouse I hated, but I would have paid more by sending just it back.  The pants are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn ( most expensive as well) two dresses and a blazer.    I then got a trunk club box.  I previewed and got rid of half of the things they put in there.  When it came, I only kept three items: a cute cardigan, a nice plain shirt that is my school colors and a blouse.  The rest of it didn't fit.   The jeans he sent were 3 inches too long!!!   

If I have time, I will try to figure out how to  post what I got.  I can't figure out how to see what I ordered in Stitch Fix.  

Trunk club Kept

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/439059863111/59c4e4e4f5782b2bfe00c9f0

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/439013476166/57c51d94f5782ba683000018

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/190172375485/58572880f5782b4dac000004

Trunk Club sent back:

These pants were at least 3 inches too long

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/889982251033/57890c94f5782b194400017d

These shoes had very pointed toes..no way

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/889556200467/58753614f5782bdeff000072

Not wild about the sleeves and too tight in the bust

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/439053716697/5988a1b0f5782b75b80061fc

Too tight in the bust

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/439048805566/596594b0f5782b04c8002ba0

Too expensive for a skirt that I don't know what I would wear it with

https://www.trunkclub.com/trunks/3018889/item/190515116089/599f305df5782b4bd601d842

I can't see those. I think they're attached to your account. It told me I didn't have access. I'm surprised you got long jeans. It seems ankle jeans are what Stitch Fix and Trunk Club have sent me. Although in my last Trunk, she did include a pair of Mom jeans but the waist was one size too small. I'm also not used to wearing jeans so high up on my stomach.

• Like 1

Well, I did it again. I am ordering a new trunk and this time without warning my DH. In my last trunk, I bought only two layering tank tops. All the rest of the stuff, that I was positive I'd be buying, just didn't work out. So I just talked to my stylist and she's going to give me a mash up of things. I asked for a sports bra and leggings for exercising, a bralette, PJ pants, straight leg denim jeans, and some cute plaid or henley like tops. She said she'd have my preview ready tomorrow. I told her to please remember I'm on a budget but I'm still expecting to go into sticker shock. 

She's also checking Service to see if I can return something from my first trunk that no longer has the tags. I bought this super cute denim jacket, sort of cropped. I tried wearing it a few days ago and it felt small. I had to pull the two sides together to get it buttoned. I don't know why I didn't notice that when I first bought it. I'm so bummed! I prefer to exchange for a larger size if they have it in stock. But if they can't take it back, I'll just wear it with short sleeves when it's not cold so I don't have to try buttoning it.

Well, I did it again. I am ordering a new trunk and this time without warning my DH. In my last trunk, I bought only two layering tank tops. All the rest of the stuff, that I was positive I'd be buying, just didn't work out. So I just talked to my stylist and she's going to give me a mash up of things. I asked for a sports bra and leggings for exercising, a bralette, PJ pants, straight leg denim jeans, and some cute plaid or henley like tops. She said she'd have my preview ready tomorrow. I told her to please remember I'm on a budget but I'm still expecting to go into sticker shock.

She's also checking Service to see if I can return something from my first trunk that no longer has the tags. I bought this super cute denim jacket, sort of cropped. I tried wearing it a few days ago and it felt small. I had to pull the two sides together to get it buttoned. I don't know why I didn't notice that when I first bought it. I'm so bummed! I prefer to exchange for a larger size if they have it in stock. But if they can't take it back, I'll just wear it with short sleeves when it's not cold so I don't have to try buttoning it.

It's Nordstoms, I thought they took everything back! It's not like they don't have a record of sale. Insist on it.

• Like 2

Got my second to last maternity box today.  It was pretty good!  I requested a pair of maternity cords or pants in a fall color (olive drab/navy, etc.) and fall tops.   Here's what I got:

Le Lis Soll Maternity Mixed Material Top (as pictured in this (not mine!) blog: http://subscriptionboxramblings.com/2017/09/stitch-fix-review-september-2017/

This worked great for me.  It's a little dressier than most of my (toddler chasing) tops, so it's a nice addition to my wardrobe.  I'm actually wearing it today, since I have a babysitter, a doctor's appt and a lunch date with DH  :001_tt1: It's a sweater material in the back, and a nice print panel in the front.  

Madigan Mimi Hoodie Maternity Knit Top (as pictured in this blog: http://jennysclutteredcloset.blogspot.com/2017/07/stitch-fix-maternity-boxes-1-and-2.html)

I loved this piece.  It's casual, comfortable, and cute.  It's cozy without being too hot (preggo problems), and the front has a small floral print that's darling.  It goes well with a dark purple pair of maternity jeans SF sent me two boxes ago.  It's also long enough that I can wear it with leggings.

Loveappella Maternity Shenol Maternity Knit Top (as kind of pictured in this blog: http://www.lugimomblog.com/stitch-fix-maternity-review/)

Unlike the shirt in the blog, mine has a burgundy body, and a navy/burgandy/teal plaid, which is great.  I love the simplicity of the shirt with the fun sleeve/collar detail.  And unlike the blog reviewer, mine is plenty long in the sleeves.  Another keeper.

Lila Ryan Skinny Maternity Jeans in stone grey, which I am NOT keeping.  They are ankle length, which doesn't work for me, and more importantly, they don't stay up the way the maternity panel is made.  Falling down pants are a problem.  I'm also not keen on the light grey, since my current colleagues are of the messy 5 and under sort.  

RD Style Josslyn V-Neck Pullover in a mushroom brown color, which I am also not keeping (https://indulgy.com/post/MVEyvHJpu3/fix-kept-rd-style-josslyn-vneck-pullover-in-brow).  I think I would have liked this piece when I wasn't pregnant, especially with a cute collared blouse under it.  But I am pregnant, and it's just sort of ho-hum, so it's going back.

I'm getting one more maternity box this go 'round, with a request for a few sweaters and a fancy top or two for holiday parties.  Then I'm on a break until I lose some of the baby fluff.

• Like 3

I got my first Stitch Fix and love it.

1) long sleeve black stretchy top with cut out detail at neckline. - keeper

2) gray and black color blocked cardigan - love, but have to exchange for different size

3) denim skinny jeans/jeggings - Sending back - I have too wide of hips and need to lose a bit of weight before wearing jeggings

4) silver necklace -very cute, keeping

5) georgette shell- sending back, cute, but not me.

• Like 5

Ok, my Trunk Club box is being packed. I asked for some exercise stuff so she's sending me two styles of leggings and two sports bras. I asked for a bralette and the one she chose is black and lacy, very cute. I asked for PJ pants and she sent a two-piece long sleeve button down top with matching bottoms. I'll try it but I really only wanted bottoms. I have sleep shirts. Then I declined 4 items and told her I'd rather have cute tops that go with jeans. She remembered I like long shirts like tunics. I like all 4 of the ones she chose but I don't like the prices. In my first Trunk, she was very good about keeping shirts under $50 and some were cheaper than $40. This trunk has shirts that are $70 and $80. I can't see me paying that much for a shirt. I'll just have to wait and see how these clothes fit and go from there. Then this truly will be my last box for a while. If the items in this trunk don't work out, I'm going shopping and finding them on my own. Then I'm set for Fall and Winter, unless I decide I want a box with sweaters and more jeans. Actually I declined a cute pair of jeans from this trunk because they were $134 and I'm not paying that much for jeans. So we'll see how this turns out. It's being packed so I don't have a notice of it being shipped out yet.

• Like 2

So, my October SF (which I peeked at earlier) arrived today (finally!) It is a home run. I got a different stylist this time, but she did as good a job as the stylist I was so happy with from before.

She DID heed my emphasis that I wanted stuff that will keep me *warm*. I will try to add in links to items after I post; I can't seem to multi-task on this iPad so well and I don't want to lose the post.

1. Loveappela Nelli knit top. This is a soft long-sleeved tee type shirt with a navy body and insets of heather grey at the sleeve ends, the hem and the upper bodice. Very pleasing. I'm also happy this is an American-made top, which is something I prefer (or else fair trade), but is really difficult to get. Keep. 10/10.

2. REV Henrietta Duster Cardigan. I LOVE, puffy-heart adore this cardigan! This was the one I was dying to see IRL. It is exactly what I wanted and is warm and soft in a heather grey that goes with practically every item I own. I can see myself wearing this a LOT. (Once the weather gets normally cold; we are having unseasonably warm weather.) Keep. 10/10.

3. Octavia Lawrence Plaid Boucle Infinity Scarf. Adore! It is very warm, velvety-soft and a perfect color and print. It will go with every top I own. I am picky spending money on scarves because I can knit my own, so it's really saying something that I want to buy this. Keep. 10/10.

4. Laila Jayde Bowie 3/4 sleeve dolman knit top. This was the only item I was iffy about because I wasn't certain I would love dolman sleeves. The color is good and I like the material. I don't love the neckline because it is a wide V and it might tend to skootch over and show my bra straps. It doesn't look quite as good with the scarf as you might imagine because the bulk of the scarf paired with the dolman sleeve makes me look sort of top-heavy. I'm keeping it because of whole box discount, and it is not a bad top; I will most likely wear this more at home/ballfield, etc. Keep. 6/10.

5. Kut from the Kloth Maribel Straight leg (blue wash) jean. There's that stupid name spelling again! But they sure can make a jean that fits like it was made for me! I could have lived without this, but I didn't have a jean this color and I'm happy to have one. I won't be wanting any additional jeans, though. Keep. 10/10.

So there you go. This was a great fix. I have not decided whether or not I want another box of fall clothes in November. I don't think I will need any, unless I perhaps ask for all long-sleeved tops and maybe one accessory. Or I might have my next one not come until December and include something dressy for Christmas in there. Not sure yet.

• Like 6

I got my box today that I had already peaked at. I am currently wearing one of the shirts and have already taken the tags off another. So that is at least 2 tops I am definitely keeping! Still debating about the rest. The stylist was definitely paying attention and the note she sent was very personalized (even jokingly asking if she got the extra points I promised for a certain color palette and pointing out one of the prints was a larger scale than I wanted but it was the best she could find) So I love that she is reading the notes I send and really responding to my requests. It does feel personalized.

I received:

Liverpool Kona Boyfriend Jean $78- these are ok and fit fine. I don't love the boyfriend style as I have shorter legs and the cuffs seem to emphasize that. They keep sending me jeans but I am really picky I guess. Sending back.

Urban Expressions Avery zipper detail hobo bag $68- I asked for a fun colorful fall bag to accessorize and specifically asked for a hobo. This one is teal. I just find it a bit big. I like smaller to medium bags but failed to mention that detail. I will note this is my comments and maybe try again. Sending back

French Gray Obrien back key hole detail blouse $44. I love this shirt and it was the piece I was most excited about when I previewed my fix. It has a deep mustard background and red, orange, teal, and purple flowers. It is exactly what I asked for down to the color palette. My new favorite shirt. Obviously keeping and the tags have already been removed!

Collective Concepts Shandler split neck blouse-$48 3/4 sleeves, navy background with abstract dot pattern in white and yellow. Keeping and currently wearing it already Ă°Å¸ËœÆ’

Skies are blue Raja collarless blazer in Teal $78- my most on the fence piece. Love the style of the sleeves and the color and it looks great with the mustard blouse and a pair of jeans. It is just a bit less tucked in at the waist than I like in a blazer. I am considering whether it might be able to be taken in slightly or not. It is ok and wearable as is, but I would love it as much as I thought I would if it just fitted slightly better in the waist.

So that's it! 2 shirts for sure is a hit for me- both patterns and not solids is awesome so she does get the extra points. I will deliberate the rest over my 3 day return window!

As for previewing, I kind of liked having a bit longer to mull over the pieces and the prices by seeing them in advance. I will have to weigh that against the thrill of the surprise on box day. Definitely continuing on with Stitch Fix and with this particular stylist.

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 5

I want to ammend something about my most recent fix. There was the maroon Laila Jayde top with the dolman sleeves that I was most iffy about. Let me say this: I am wearing it now and my opinion of this shirt is going way up. It is SO soft and comfortable. I am still not so very crazy about the dolman sleeves, but I like the way it is fitted in the hip area before moving outward to create the dolman sleeves. Also, just so very comfy and cozy to wear. It looks nice with a lighter-weigh scarf; not as good with the very full scarf that came in the fix.

It's really a very good top.

• Like 7

I want to ammend something about my most recent fix. There was the maroon Laila Jayde top with the dolman sleeves that I was most iffy about. Let me say this: I am wearing it now and my opinion of this shirt is going way up. It is SO soft and comfortable. I am still not so very crazy about the dolman sleeves, but I like the way it is fitted in the hip area before moving outward to create the dolman sleeves. Also, just so very comfy and cozy to wear. It looks nice with a lighter-weigh scarf; not as good with the very full scarf that came in the fix.

It's really a very good top.

I don't know what dolman sleeves are so I tried to google. I'm not certain I still know. Is it extra material under the arm pit and it tapers down to a snug fit at the bottom of the sleeve?

I don't know what dolman sleeves are so I tried to google. I'm not certain I still know. Is it extra material under the arm pit and it tapers down to a snug fit at the bottom of the sleeve?

Yes. It looks sort of bat-wing-like.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Casual-V-neck-Blouse-Sleeves/dp/B011WES5D6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507817008&sr=8-2&keywords=dolman+sleeve+top

This is why I am so fashion challenged.  I have flappy skin under my arms and it's not attractive at all. But bat wing sleeves are?   I guess this is why I need to pay a stylist, huh?

• Like 4

This is why I am so fashion challenged. I have flappy skin under my arms and it's not attractive at all. But bat wing sleeves are? I guess this is why I need to pay a stylist, huh?

Yeah, well I'm certain the look is not good for everyone. I think it works on me because I have a small upper body, so some upper-body volume is not bad on me. But that is also why I like having a stylist choose things. It "forces" me to consider things a little outside of my box. I'm very picky when I try to buy clothes and I am surely writing off some great clothes before they ever leave the hanger. My first impression is, "Nope. i wouldn't wear that," but this top (and some other items) proves to me that I am shutting out good clothing choices in a knee-jerk way.

I am SO happy I have this top now. It is so comfortable I didn't want to change out of it for bed last night. I am actually wearing it again today, though I wore it for a couple hours last night.

• Like 7

Ok, my Trunk Club box was a hit. I'm sad I can't keep everything. I'm on a budget. I'm keeping close to $200 and I'm officially done with clothes shopping until Spring.

Edina Plaid Oversize Boyshirt. This is a great shirt. It's thin and soft. Great colors. Fits wonderful. But I'm limited in how much I can spend and this didn't make the cut because I couldn't justify the $79.50 price. Returning.

W NK Pro Alpha Bra by Nike. She sent me a small and it's too tight. I'm not disappointed by that though because I don't like the design. It has a hook and eye band but you start by pulling it over your head. I'm not coordinated enough to hook a bra band behind my back. Returning.

Spotlight On Lace Bralette by Spanx. This fits perfectly! It's black which is great. I didn't discuss color with her so I'm glad she didn't send me something colorful. I'm wearing it now. It's so comfortable I can wear it all day. I realize it doesn't have the same support as my regular bra but it sure does feel better. Definitely keeping.

Seamless Cross Back Bra by Zella.  Perfect fit. I've been exercising in a Victoria Secret Demi Bra so this is a huge upgrade. :) It's not super supportive, but it's perfect for the simple treadmill walking I do. Definitely a keeper.

Moonlight Pajamas by Nordstrom Lingerie. Mine are purple. Lovely color. The fit is perfect. But I don't think I'd truly wear a PJ set. I wear pants and tshirts to bed. I don't think I'd like the long sleeve top. Also it's expensive at $65. Returning

Two Fer Sweatshirt by Caslon. I can't find a picture of this but it's ugly. It's heather gray in front and a plaid back. It looks like two random shirts were sewn together badly. Returning.

Lace-Up Hooded Sweatshirt by Caslon. I love this sweatshirt! It's light weight. The only iffy part is the lace in the front shows my cleavage. The color of this shirt is heather light gray. I'd have to wear a tank underneath it and I only have a black and a white tank. But I'm definitely keeping this.

Live in High Waist Leggings by Zella. I made a mistake with the exercise pants I asked for. I suggested I might wear a medium because the pair I wear now is a large and is really loose. Well, the medium is just too snug. I have a feeling this is how they are supposed to fit but it's just uncomfortable for me. They are really cute and nice but I'm returning them.

Live in Electric-Mix Crop Leggings by Zella. Same complaint as other leggings. Just too snug. I almost kept them because i like them so much but I bet I choose to wear my large crop leggings more often and couldn't justify the $52 price for something I didn't absolutely love. Returning.

Three Quarter Sleeve Side Slit Tunic by Caslon. Love this shirt! It's a long tunic and looks really great with my jeans. It's super soft. Dh wasn't so sure about it because the sleeves look odd to him. He's used to either long to the wrist or short up by the shoulder. Definitely a keeper.

• Like 5

Lace-Up Hooded Sweatshirt by Caslon. I love this sweatshirt! It's light weight. The only iffy part is the lace in the front shows my cleavage. The color of this shirt is heather light gray. I'd have to wear a tank underneath it and I only have a black and a white tank. But I'm definitely keeping

Could you wear the cross-back Zella bra with this and have the bra overing the cleavage but showing like a camisole? That's what I would try. One of my SF dresses has a v-neck wrap front and, if I'm wearing it in a place where modesty is called for, I wear a lace-edged cami under it, so that area will be fully covered.

• Like 1

Could you wear the cross-back Zella bra with this and have the bra overing the cleavage but showing like a camisole? That's what I would try. One of my SF dresses has a v-neck wrap front and, if I'm wearing it in a place where modesty is called for, I wear a lace-edged cami under it, so that area will be fully covered.

That's a good idea. I'll try it on and see how it works. Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't remember this about Stitch Fix but Trunk Club saves your trunks so you can go back and look at what they sent in each one. That's nice.

You've talked me into trying Trunk Club.  :lol: I chatted with my stylist today and so far I really like the personalization. She's already sent me what's in my first box. I declined 2 items. One was a scarf that was too expensive and the other was a pair of booties that are very similar to ones I already own. The rest of the items look like they have potential. I know I won't keep everything because of the cost, but I'm hoping that my odds of success will be better since they are sending twice as many items.  

• Like 2

Not Stitch Fix or Trunk Club, but I did the classic navy blazer that I've been looking for online at Talbots. Now I just need to wait for a sale. Why, oh why, didn't I do this when they were doing 20% off for Columbus Day? 

https://www.talbots.com/online/wool-bi-stretch-blazer-prdi43706/N-10229?selectedConcept=&_DARGS=/online/cartridges/Product-Selection/Product-Selection.jsp

• Like 2

Not Stitch Fix or Trunk Club, but I did the classic navy blazer that I've been looking for online at Talbots. Now I just need to wait for a sale. Why, oh why, didn't I do this when they were doing 20% off for Columbus Day?

https://www.talbots.com/online/wool-bi-stretch-blazer-prdi43706/N-10229?selectedConcept=&_DARGS=/online/cartridges/Product-Selection/Product-Selection.jsp

Are you on their mailing list? I just saw a snail mail coupon yesterday that I think was 40% off select items.

• Like 2

You've talked me into trying Trunk Club.  :lol: I chatted with my stylist today and so far I really like the personalization. She's already sent me what's in my first box. I declined 2 items. One was a scarf that was too expensive and the other was a pair of booties that are very similar to ones I already own. The rest of the items look like they have potential. I know I won't keep everything because of the cost, but I'm hoping that my odds of success will be better since they are sending twice as many items.  

Oh I hope it works for you. My stylist is usually spot on. You can go back in and look at your trunk and see what she replaced those two items with but you can't do anything about them. You only get to preview and decline once.

• Like 3

I am but I haven't seen that coupon. Did you just get it? If so, maybe it hasn't been delivered here yet.

Yes, it just came on Saturday. That would be nice if you get it and can apply it to that blazer.

• 2 weeks later...

How was your trunk?

Not bad...I asked for black leggings, flats, and tops to go with the leggings. I got 4 tops, leggings, flats, jeans, a purse, a necklace, and a hat. I told her that I was going to Iceland next month so that's why she initially sent the scarf that I declined and then replaced it with a beanie type hat. 

I kept the leggings, jeans, hat, and 2 tops...so 50% of the box. The tops I kept were like this and this. The other two tops were not my style at all and were heavy sweatshirt material. The flats were too big and the necklace was pretty but not something I would really wear. The purse was like this.  I didn't like it enough to spend that much money. 

The total trunk would have cost over $700.  :ohmy: The purse, jeans, and shoes being the most expensive items. 

I also received another stitch fix box and ended up keeping all the items. One sweater I didn't love but it wasn't worth losing the 25% discount. 

I'm not sure what I'll do next time, which will probably be after the holidays. Maybe I'll alternate. 

Not bad...I asked for black leggings, flats, and tops to go with the leggings. I got 4 tops, leggings, flats, jeans, a purse, a necklace, and a hat. I told her that I was going to Iceland next month so that's why she initially sent the scarf that I declined and then replaced it with a beanie type hat. 

I kept the leggings, jeans, hat, and 2 tops...so 50% of the box. The tops I kept were like this and this. The other two tops were not my style at all and were heavy sweatshirt material. The flats were too big and the necklace was pretty but not something I would really wear. The purse was like this.  I didn't like it enough to spend that much money. 

The total trunk would have cost over $700.  :ohmy: The purse, jeans, and shoes being the most expensive items. 

I also received another stitch fix box and ended up keeping all the items. One sweater I didn't love but it wasn't worth losing the 25% discount. 

I'm not sure what I'll do next time, which will probably be after the holidays. Maybe I'll alternate. 

I love those tops! That's the style I wear. Yes, Trunk Club is expensive because it has twice the number of items as Stitch Fix. I'd never be able to keep all 10 items. I declined a cool pair of jeans because they were $134 and I will not pay that much for jeans.

I want another trunk for Christmas. I told DH I didn't need one until Spring but if it's the only gift I ask for, he'll have no problem with it. Especially because my birthday is in January so it would be a double gift. :)

So, I'm thinking of getting a Fix for our upcoming Thanksgiving trip to see ds out in NorCal. How should I word my stylist note? I always hate the character limits and try to abbreviate no condense as much as possible. I need tops/sweaters, but I don't want anything with the bell sleeves (I like those and have those, but I'm not sure how well they will work if I am wearing a jacket over them), On the other hand, I don't want boring. I'm also unsure of what weight to ask for. I don't want big and bulky, but I need more than a t-shirt weight. Any thoughts on how to succinctly word these requests?

So, I'm thinking of getting a Fix for our upcoming Thanksgiving trip to see ds out in NorCal. How should I word my stylist note? I always hate the character limits and try to abbreviate no condense as much as possible. I need tops/sweaters, but I don't want anything with the bell sleeves (I like those and have those, but I'm not sure how well they will work if I am wearing a jacket over them), On the other hand, I don't want boring. I'm also unsure of what weight to ask for. I don't want big and bulky, but I need more than a t-shirt weight. Any thoughts on how to succinctly word these requests?

First, you can make specifically a selection that says Ă¢â‚¬Å“vacationĂ¢â‚¬you could possibly start that way.

Ă¢â‚¬Å“I need warm, but not bulky, tops and sweaters for a trip to NorCal. I want interesting styles, but no bell sleeves.Ă¢â‚¬ And then add anything else that is a major no or major yes for you; i.e., Ă¢â‚¬Å“NO ORANGE! But I love all shades of blues. Prints or stripes, but only small scale.Ă¢â‚¬

The character limits are not 5at restrictive; it shouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t be very hard. :)

• Like 1

I got my box today. It was a success and IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m keeping all 5 items. I have a family wedding (a niece) in a few weeks and I asked for a dress for the wedding. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s supposedly somewhat casual, but I wanted something nice since itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s family and all my kids will be in the wedding and there will be photos and things. And I think casual doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t really mean the same thing I would mean by casual. 

I got a really pretty jersey dress that is comfortable.ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s navy with a floral pattern in blues and greens. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m not a dress person so IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m super happy finding something I like. Without having to spend the time shopping. Such a win for me. They also send a navy open cardigan. I love that style and it looks great with the dress. 

The other three items were all good. A black and white patterned Aline skirt and a black silky top. I think they were meant as an alternative wedding outfit. I like them separately but not together. The skirt is fairly basic but good quality and IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll wear it. It goes with a lot of things I have. The top is fun. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s a silky material but kind of a cargo style. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s this one but in black. The sleeves are slightly too puffy and I think if I was going to send anything else back I would have sent it back but it was worth keeping with everything else. And itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the kind of thing I hoped for when I signed up for this....clothes I wouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t pick myself to get out of my typical rut. 

I also got a pair of gold fillagree earrings that are super pretty. 

All in all, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m happy. I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t really need any more clothes so IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to wait awhile to do another box. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m working on losing weight so IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve told myself I can order another box when IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve achieved a certain goal. Plus, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll need clothes more then. Hopefully. :) 

• Like 5

I got my box today. It was a success and IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m keeping all 5 items. I have a family wedding (a niece) in a few weeks and I asked for a dress for the wedding. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s supposedly somewhat casual, but I wanted something nice since itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s family and all my kids will be in the wedding and there will be photos and things. And I think casual doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t really mean the same thing I would mean by casual.

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been to two weddings in the past couple years where someone in the wedding said the word Ă¢â‚¬Å“casualĂ¢â‚¬ but I was glad I pretty much ignored that term. While not glitzy, they were not what I call casual. My BIL was embarrassed at the most recent one because he did not wear a tie or jacket, but almost every guy had these items. In both cases I wore a dress that was pretty but not overly glitzy.

Only one wedding where it was said to be casual was actually casual. The groom wore a sport coat, jeans and cowboy boots. All the groomsmen wore jeans and boots and the bridesmaids wore a cotton dress with boots and jean jackets. So that one was actually casual, but that had been clear for other reasons, like haybale seating.

First, you can make specifically a selection that says Ă¢â‚¬Å“vacationĂ¢â‚¬you could possibly start that way.

Ă¢â‚¬Å“I need warm, but not bulky, tops and sweaters for a trip to NorCal. I want interesting styles, but no bell sleeves.Ă¢â‚¬ And then add anything else that is a major no or major yes for you; i.e., Ă¢â‚¬Å“NO ORANGE! But I love all shades of blues. Prints or stripes, but only small scale.Ă¢â‚¬

The character limits are not 5at restrictive; it shouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t be very hard. :)

You're right. I'm wondering if they allow more characters than they used to? I requested a "football fix" since we are going to two games while out there. I suggested some, items, but I tried not to be too nitpicky. She does seem to "get" my style. Edited by Hoggirl
  • Like 1

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been to two weddings in the past couple years where someone in the wedding said the word Ă¢â‚¬Å“casualĂ¢â‚¬ but I was glad I pretty much ignored that term. While not glitzy, they were not what I call casual. My BIL was embarrassed at the most recent one because he did not wear a tie or jacket, but almost every guy had these items. In both cases I wore a dress that was pretty but not overly glitzy.

Only one wedding where it was said to be casual was actually casual. The groom wore a sport coat, jeans and cowboy boots. All the groomsmen wore jeans and boots and the bridesmaids wore a cotton dress with boots and jean jackets. So that one was actually casual, but that had been clear for other reasons, like haybale seating.

Yeah, thatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s my guess. Our niece is trying to be super easy which is nice but also in some ways makes things harder. All three kids are in the wedding (flower girl, ring bearer and reading). There is no other wedding party and they are walking down the aisle and then she is, so they are a fairly major part of the wedding. She kept saying they could wear Ă¢â‚¬Å“whatever they wantedĂ¢â‚¬ and that she didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t want us to buy anything. Which I appreciated in theory but I also didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t think her Mom (dhĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s sister) would be at all happy with what we already owned. I took it as a opportunity to buy the boys nice jackets and ties and we found a really sweet flower girl dress on Amazon for dd (and it was only $20!). 

• Like 2

I just got an email from Trunk Club saying they're now carrying more sizes, both petite and curvy. I was surprised at this: 

Not only do we now carry more sizes, but all of our stylists have 

completed three months of specialized training on fit for 
different brands and body types.

• Like 1

I have my November fix on itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s way. Do I peek? Do I wait for the surprise? I am leaning towards waiting for the surprise. Not much is riding on this fix.

I asked for a non-fancy dress or top/skirt outfit that I can wear when the homeschool chorus I assist with sings in public. I am curious what she came up with, but I also kind of want to be surprised when it comes.

• Like 1

I have my November fix on itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s way. Do I peek? Do I wait for the surprise? I am leaning towards waiting for the surprise. Not much is riding on this fix.

I asked for a non-fancy dress or top/skirt outfit that I can wear when the homeschool chorus I assist with sings in public. I am curious what she came up with, but I also kind of want to be surprised when it comes.

I caved and peeked. Be stronger than I! :D I say do what you want, but they usually arrive so quickly that there isn't much of a wait. On the other hand, peeking gives you a bit more time to consider your choices - even though you won't have tried them on yet and won't know the quality/content of the fabric.

• Like 2

I like surprises.  :001_smile:  

On another note...I put on a sweater that I kept from my last fix and noticed that there is a hole in the sleeve. I didn't see it when I tried it on. I've contacted customer service about an exchange. I hope they are easy to work with. 

• Like 1

I think IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to peek. The main reason I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to peek is that if I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t think I like them I will be disappointed and not excited about it arriving. But if I DO like them I will be excited to have it arrive.

• Like 2

I think IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to peek. The main reason I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to peek is that if I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t think I like them I will be disappointed and not excited about it arriving. But if I DO like them I will be excited to have it arrive.

Please report back! Peeking won't change what's in the box. That's kinda how I feel. Just a timing difference about excitement/disappointment.

Edited by Hoggirl
  • Like 1

Well, I peeked. And now IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m pretty disappointed. WeĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll have to see how things look IRL, but right now the only item that looks like a solid win is a crossbody bag. There is a pair of pants (maybe, if they fit well), two sweaters that donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t at first glance seem like strong wins to me and a red dress that might be nice but isnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t quite what I had in mind. So, weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll see. There is a good chance I will only keep the purse unless it turns out I like all the things much better IRL.

The sweaters: one is white or cream with horizontal stripes. I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t really ever wear horizontal stripes. It looks like it might be closer to tunic length, which would be a plus for me; I like to cover my butt when wearing skinny pants. So, weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll see, but my inital feeling is probably not. The other top or sweater is black with bell or floaty sleeves and a floaty-ish hem. This may look a lot better on my body than in the picture, and I am interested to see how they style it. But my inital feeling is that I wouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t pick this out. So, again, weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll see.

So, darn.

• Like 1