Menu

THE Stitch Fix reporting thread

Ginevra

Can we have just one? Is it presumptuous of me? A poster here asked if those of us reporting our Stitch Fix fixes could all post in one on-going thread so she can vicariously enjoy our fixes. I admit it would be nice because I think I might miss one and I don't really want to miss! :)

Does anyone have a fix coming this week they would like to report here?

• Like 8

I can't get another until Nov/Dec because of the prices, but I won't be using Stitch Fix. I really do wish I could get another now. I want more jeans and long shirts. Our Visa is up high right now. I hope we can get it paid off in a couple of months.

Do you plan to use Trunk Club again? Or something else?

I am going to do it as soon as I drop 15 pounds. I am excited by that goal and I enjoy reading about everyone's.

I'm trying to lose weight and thought I might reward myself with Stitch Fix when I have no more clothes that fit. I have my current size, which is getting a bit loose, and one size down in my closet.

• Like 2

I got a maternity box last week, and it was fabulous.  

There was a pair of Just Black Adorra Maternity Skinny Jeans in turquoise, which is a fun change from denim.  

The Madigan Penellas V-neck Maternity Knit Top in turquoise is a really fun pattern that goes super well with the jeans and has a v-neck in the front and back, which I love.  It is short sleeves, but they are almost to my elbow, which is nice for my slightly flabby arms.

I loved the three-quarter length sleeve Loveappella Maternity Charlotte Ruched Side Maternity Knit top with burgundy stripes.  It has a fun key-hole detail in the back.

The most boring item was a Market & Spruce Alma maternity knit top in grey, but it's a good layering under cardigans piece, and it's long, which is good when you have no desire to show off the sexy maternity panel on your pants.  

And finally the Caplet Cargo jacket in mustard by Tinsel, which is a great piece for fall.  I can barely zip it, but it looks really good open (and like I COULD close it, which is important to me), so I can wear it this fall and in years to come when I'm finally bump-less.

All in all, this was a really fun box, and it was super fun to have an injection of fun into my wardrobe when I'm feeling frumpy and pregnant.  I'm getting one more box this pregnancy in October before calling it quits until a few months after baby.

ETA: I should mention that I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and I LOOK pregnant.  No dainty bump for me.  I'm also about 20lbs overweight from the last baby.  So the maternity clothes actually fit pregnant women. (A problem I've had with services in the past.  No, just getting bigger size doesn't always cut it.)

Edited by medawyn
  • Like 5

I did trunk club a few weeks ago. I liked it, but I am in the process of losing weight so my size is changing so most things did not fit right. I also had some items that were just heavy (thick) for living in the South. I kept two items. Not sure if I will do it again, as I enjoyed shopping with my girls a few weekends ago - they gave me great advice and loved being my personal shopper to find cute tops, etc.. BUT I love reading about this!

• Like 1

Can we have just one? Is it presumptuous of me? A poster here asked if those of us reporting our Stitch Fix fixes could all post in one on-going thread so she can vicariously enjoy our fixes. I admit it would be nice because I think I might miss one and I don't really want to miss! :)

Does anyone have a fix coming this week they would like to report here?

:hurray:   Thank you!

• Like 1

I've gotten three and can't afford another one (couldn't really afford the last two, but my clothes are all maternity full of holes) and I'd say my success rate on the plus sized ones is 80%.

This next one is the final one until we can figure out our current medical bills and such. It's been horribly expensive to move.

Would you post what they sent for plus sizes?  I wear between a 14-18 depending on what my health is doing and who made the garment.

I can't get another until Nov/Dec because of the prices, but I won't be using Stitch Fix. I really do wish I could get another now. I want more jeans and long shirts. Our Visa is up high right now. I hope we can get it paid off in a couple of months. 

Post it here, too!  :D

• Like 1

I should be getting one in the next week or so. I don't mind posting here if I can still find this thread then.

Since you have posted in this thread, you should be able to find it next week using the "View New Content" button up on the right. (I'm not sure if-how this appears on a phone.) You can refine your choices on the left.

So, even though I can't order this stuff, I'm curious... since they do plus and maternity, do they do talls, too?  Because you know what would be really great?  Wearing a knee length dress as a knee length dress instead of a tunic, or having long sleeves that reach my wrists instead of always have to push them up and pretend they're 3/4 length.  

So, even though I can't order this stuff, I'm curious... since they do plus and maternity, do they do talls, too?  Because you know what would be really great?  Wearing a knee length dress as a knee length dress instead of a tunic, or having long sleeves that reach my wrists instead of always have to push them up and pretend they're 3/4 length.  

Stitch Fix asks what your proportions are for your arms, shoulders, torso, hips and legs. So yes, you can say you have long arms and legs.

• Like 2

I am getting a Fix shipped next week. Since I totally peek before it arrives I'll be sure to come back and post. I live in FL so I'm hoping to still get summer clothes. For the first time I told my stylist to surprise me.....we'll see how this goes. LOL.

I peeked on the app last time after mine shipped and it ruined the fun of opening the box.

• Like 1

My third box arrived last weekend just as I sprained my ankle. I was hurting and grumpy about it so that didn't help I guess, but I sent the whole thing back. THe one shirt I might have liked was almost identical to one I have. The other pieces were nice quality from the feel, but --  well, I wasn't in the mood. 

I do like that I can slow down the frequency instead of just canceling. That's a nice plus. 

​And, yes, the do well with talls. I have long arms and legs--the gray slacks I kept from box #2 were more than long enough. I must get them hemmed a bit. 

• Like 1

Well I decided to jump on the band wagon and order a Stitch Fix.  Both my mother and my dd's tell me I need to add a little more variety to my wardrobe, so I figured I'd give it a try.   :)   It took some setting up because I don't do Pinterest, but that seems to be a good way to let them know what I like.  So, got that set up, and received my first box a couple weeks ago.  Perfect timing, because it was right before our trip out East to visit our dd.

My favorite item was the jeans.  I pretty much requested black jeans, and I got them!  I'm very picky about my jeans (I like them just so), and I'd say they got them 100% right.  They are the JustBlack brand, and are perfect.  Very good quality, between skinny and straight with a nice stretch to them.

Then I got a loose, very light-weight black and white print sleeveless blouse.  It is a style I like, loose and long and I think looks good with the black jeans.  (The brand is Hawthorne.)

I got another shirt, dressier with 3/4 length sleeves, in a burgundy.  (Another color I requested.)  At first I wasn't sure if I liked it.  It's kind of silky material, and goes on over the head.  It's a totally different style than I'm used to.  It's a little lower than I usually wear my shirts, looser on top and tighter at the waist.  (Hard to describe.)  In the end I decided to keep it, and I wore it for an evening out with my dd.  My dd really liked it!  I wore it with the jeans.

I also mentioned to them that one of my favorite highlight colors is a mustard-gold, and they sent me a thick knit scarf in exactly that color.  It has been too warm to use it, but I do like it and will wear it once the weather cools a bit.

Lastly I got a very loose off-white light-weight crocheted sweater.  I probably would have returned this, but it was cheaper to keep it because then I'd get the discount.  It's the type of sweater that I suppose I might wear on a warm summer day once it cools a bit in the evening, or in an air-conditioned restaurant or something.  It's not one I would have picked for myself, but who knows.  I might get some use out of it!

All in all I was quite pleased.  I got some styles I loved, a new style to try, and the colors were all perfect.  I could tell they really tried to get the colors I liked and most styles as well.  Everything fit me well.

My next Stitch Fix won't come until later in November, and I told them they could throw in some holiday piece, so we'll see what that looks like!

ETA:  I wanted to add that the prices of the shirts were more than I usually pay.  I very rarely pay full price for a shirt, and although these items were nice, I didn't think they were worth the cost of their full price.  (Fortunately I got the discount.)

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 2

Well I decided to jump on the band wagon and order a Stitch Fix.  Both my mother and my dd's tell me I need to add a little more variety to my wardrobe, so I figured I'd give it a try.   :)   It took some setting up because I don't do Pinterest, but that seems to be a good way to let them know what I like.  So, got that set up, and received my first box a couple weeks ago.  Perfect timing, because it was right before our trip out East to visit our dd.

Do you have to have Pinterest? I was hoping I could just describe things. I have no account and don't really plan on spending time on Pinterest.

Do you have to have Pinterest? I was hoping I could just describe things. I have no account and don't really plan on spending time on Pinterest.

I did end up starting a Pinterest site, which is what took the most time.  I really didn't want to do it, but it seemed like pics would be most helpful.  I don't have much on it though.  I uploaded a few pics of the style jeans I like, a couple sweaters and blouses, and that's about it.  The rest I described.  You could always try just describing and see how they do with that?

• Like 1

Crud. I don't see a place where I can get a summary of what I've gotten in past fixes and don't have the energy to track down the clothes. 

I don't think they do that (at least not that I can find), which is annoying. I like the cards, but I'd rather have an online inventory of what I've received.

• Like 1

I got my box yesterday. I had asked for 5 pairs of jeans. I love jeans and basically wear them all the time and don't currently have any I really love that don't have holes in them or are really worn. 

Of the 5 I got, I'm keeping one pair. The ones I'm keeping are really nice. The brand is Liverpool and they fit beautifully. They are black though and I wanted some basic blue denim. However, I've also been looking for black pants so these made sense to keep. They are ok priced. Usually I try to buy things on sale so they are pricier than I would normally spend but the price is about the same as what I would buy not on sale (if that makes sense). 

The other four were all good as far as style. I felt like they listened to me (nothing distressed and not skinny jeans). But they just didn't fit right. I am short and fat so that's not unexpected. It's hard for me to find pants that fit well. One pair (Warp and Weft) fit really well but needed hemming. They were super pricey though so I didn't really feel that I could justify that much plus getting them hemmed. One pair (Kut from the Kloth) brand I hated as far as style but I had mentioned that I would be willing to try a pair with cuffs. The cuffs just looked so weird on me, although they were cute jeans in the box. My daughter liked them the best (but she didn't see them on me). 

Over all, I was a little disappointed not to end up with a great new pair or two of jeans for the fall. But I felt like they listened and tried to fit my style and I'm happy with the one pair of black jeans that I'm keeping. 

I scheduled another one for the end of October. I have a wedding to go to in November and it's a family wedding. I'd really like to wear something nice that looks good because I'm always kind of the frumpy unfashionable person in the photos. One of the reasons I started doing Stitch Fix was the idea that I could use them to shop for the wedding (something that I was dreading). I thought if I did a few boxes first they would have a better idea of my style and likes from my feedback. So I'm hopeful. I did schedule it a few weeks before the wedding so that if it's a bust I can shop on my own. 

• Like 5

I can't stand the wait! I'm going to order another Trunk Club box. I sent a message to my stylist and when she's available, I'll let her know what I need. I want 3-4 pairs of jeans to try, a couple of tank tops to wear under low cut shirts, and a black shirt and a white shirt to go with my ankle length skirts.  I'll post when I finish this process and know when my box will arrive.

Does this mean we've formed some kind of 'I'm addicted to clothing boxes club'?

Hi, my name is Beth and I'm addicted to clothing boxes.

• Like 5

I ordered my first fix last month. I recently lost enough weight that nothing in my closet fit. I was down to one pair of jeans and they didn't quite fit. Good but expensive problem to have. I received a pair of jeans, 2 sweaters, a pair of flats, and a dress. I had asked for a dress for an upcoming wedding. 

I kept two items--the jeans, which were a skinny fit and surprisingly long enough, and one of the sweaters. I really liked the second sweater, but it was a little too short and boxy. If it had been the only thing I didn't like, I would have kept it for the 25% discount. The flats were nice but too small and the dress was super short. No way I was going to be able to keep it. 

I have another one coming in a couple weeks and will update. I asked for black pants, 3 tops, and a pair of flats. We'll see if that's what I get. I also created a Pinterest page to help my stylist. 

My husband also did one. He kept all of his pieces...a pair of casual pants, 3 long-sleeve, button-down shirts, and 2 pairs of socks. One of the shirts he didn't love, but he'll wear. Didn't dislike it enough to send it back and lose the discount. He'll probably do another box next month. 

• Like 1

Not SF, but I just ordered a ThirdLove bra. I decided that I need new bras before I get new clothing. It's been a loooooonnng time since I got myself a new bra. I'm currently wearing 2 hand-me-downs from dd. I did their size quiz and I think their 1/2 cup sizes might be very helpful. I like that you can pay just for shipping and they give you 30 days to try it out before charging the full price. 

I'll report back. Here's my referral link if anyone wants it https://share.thirdlove.com/x/VcyOWQ

• Like 2

I got my box yesterday. I had asked for 5 pairs of jeans. I love jeans and basically wear them all the time and don't currently have any I really love that don't have holes in them or are really worn. 

Of the 5 I got, I'm keeping one pair. The ones I'm keeping are really nice. The brand is Liverpool and they fit beautifully. They are black though and I wanted some basic blue denim. However, I've also been looking for black pants so these made sense to keep. They are ok priced. Usually I try to buy things on sale so they are pricier than I would normally spend but the price is about the same as what I would buy not on sale (if that makes sense). 

The other four were all good as far as style. I felt like they listened to me (nothing distressed and not skinny jeans). But they just didn't fit right. I am short and fat so that's not unexpected. It's hard for me to find pants that fit well. One pair (Warp and Weft) fit really well but needed hemming. They were super pricey though so I didn't really feel that I could justify that much plus getting them hemmed. One pair (Kut from the Kloth) brand I hated as far as style but I had mentioned that I would be willing to try a pair with cuffs. The cuffs just looked so weird on me, although they were cute jeans in the box. My daughter liked them the best (but she didn't see them on me). 

Over all, I was a little disappointed not to end up with a great new pair or two of jeans for the fall. But I felt like they listened and tried to fit my style and I'm happy with the one pair of black jeans that I'm keeping. 

I scheduled another one for the end of October. I have a wedding to go to in November and it's a family wedding. I'd really like to wear something nice that looks good because I'm always kind of the frumpy unfashionable person in the photos. One of the reasons I started doing Stitch Fix was the idea that I could use them to shop for the wedding (something that I was dreading). I thought if I did a few boxes first they would have a better idea of my style and likes from my feedback. So I'm hopeful. I did schedule it a few weeks before the wedding so that if it's a bust I can shop on my own. 

My first SF is definitely going to be all jeans. Maybe with your feedback they could get the fit even better if you did another jeans fix?

Edited by Sassenach

Not SF, but I just ordered a ThirdLove bra. I decided that I need new bras before I get new clothing. It's been a loooooonnng time since I got myself a new bra. I'm currently wearing 2 hand-me-downs from dd. I did their size quiz and I think their 1/2 cup sizes might be very helpful. I like that you can pay just for shipping and they give you 30 days to try it out before charging the full price. 

I'll report back. Here's my referral link if anyone wants it https://share.thirdlove.com/x/VcyOWQ

I just got a ThirdLove bra recently and decided to keep it. It is frustrating that even this company that stocks weird sizes only has one style in my size.

• Like 1

Crud. I don't see a place where I can get a summary of what I've gotten in past fixes and don't have the energy to track down the clothes. And since my flock of several hundred boxes finally arrived yesterday, my latest stitch fix box was buried somewhere in the garage with the little sheet describing the clothes in them.

Sorry Audrey :(. I will make a point to give details on the next one when it arrives. And the jeans that rock mightily are Kut from the Kloth brand, whose spelling makes me want to claw my eyes out but whose fit is amazing:

http://www.kutfromthekloth.com/bogo_new?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwsucoLC21gIVimSGCh3xkgXtEAAYASAAEgKSGfD_BwE#page=1

My incredibly perfect pair of black jeans wer Kut from the Kloth and yes, the spelling drives me bonkers! But I ended up ordering another KK jeans on-line (from Amazon) just because they are SO terrific and I wanted a skinnier pair.

I ordered my first fix last month. I recently lost enough weight that nothing in my closet fit. I was down to one pair of jeans and they didn't quite fit. Good but expensive problem to have. I received a pair of jeans, 2 sweaters, a pair of flats, and a dress. I had asked for a dress for an upcoming wedding. 

I kept two items--the jeans, which were a skinny fit and surprisingly long enough, and one of the sweaters. I really liked the second sweater, but it was a little too short and boxy. If it had been the only thing I didn't like, I would have kept it for the 25% discount. The flats were nice but too small and the dress was super short. No way I was going to be able to keep it. 

I have another one coming in a couple weeks and will update. I asked for black pants, 3 tops, and a pair of flats. We'll see if that's what I get. I also created a Pinterest page to help my stylist. 

My husband also did one. He kept all of his pieces...a pair of casual pants, 3 long-sleeve, button-down shirts, and 2 pairs of socks. One of the shirts he didn't love, but he'll wear. Didn't dislike it enough to send it back and lose the discount. He'll probably do another box next month. 

They do this for MEN, too???!!!!!  Oh, I am so jealous!!! Extra jealous!  I would love to get my dh to dress in something that isn't blue, black or grey and jeans, flannels, tee shirts or cable sweaters.  

• Like 1

They do this for MEN, too???!!!!! Oh, I am so jealous!!! Extra jealous! I would love to get my dh to dress in something that isn't blue, black or grey and jeans, flannels, tee shirts or cable sweaters.

Seriously. It has been in the back of my mind that I might do this for DS17 before he heads off to college next year.

• Like 3

They do this for MEN, too???!!!!!  Oh, I am so jealous!!! Extra jealous!  I would love to get my dh to dress in something that isn't blue, black or grey and jeans, flannels, tee shirts or cable sweaters.  

I didn't know either until I went to sign up. He recently lost 20lbs so needed some new clothes. He got new clothes and I got a $25 credit. Win-win!  :lol:

• Like 2

Well, now y'all have sucked me back in! I did four or five boxes last fall/winter. My stylist really "got" me and did her best. I had much better luck with bottoms (jeans, pants, and skirts) than I did with tops. I felt the quality of the bottoms were far better. So many of the tops were super boxy on me, too. I guess that is the style that is in, but many had no shape at all. I tend to prefer structured clothing. I had trouble with dresses because I am extremely long-waisted for my height, and those were often too short-wasted for me. Also, there were issues of patterns not being matched up at seams in their clothes with pattern. I think the challenge is their pricing. They do have a new "luxe" option, but I think that is probably too high for me. I did up my price ranges, but they don't seem to have tops in the price range I prefer to get the quality I desire. Summer just didn't work - I felt like all the cute tops were not bra-strap friendly (which I have to have).

At any rate, since I had good luck last fall and since I kept reading about people getting boxes on here, I decided to sign up for one. Should arrive week after next. I need to spruce up my style - I tend to be a bit "safe," and I feel like my wardrobe is getting somewhat dated.

• Like 2

I'm starting to wish I didn't have to wait until October to get my next fix! :) (I mean, I guess I could move it up but it doesn't make sense to do so. I'm requesting warm clothing and we've been in such warm weather here I haven't even been wearing the things from my September fix much. So, I'll dutifully wait.)

Trunk Club. Their prices are comparable to Stitch Fix, but you get 10 items instead of 5. Of course you don't get a large discount for keeping everything but I can't imagine keeping 10 items anyway. :)

I may try this one later in the year. It looks like Trunk Club has an advantage over Stitch Fix with regard to personal communication with your stylist. Did you have any back-and-forth discussion with the stylist before they shipped your trunk?

I may try this one later in the year. It looks like Trunk Club has an advantage over Stitch Fix with regard to personal communication with your stylist. Did you have any back-and-forth discussion with the stylist before they shipped your trunk?

Yes, and that's why I actually liked my experience with Trunk Club better than Stitch Fix. It's a real time chat so we had a conversation. I was able to tell her what I was looking for, what I needed to see in the box, and how much I was willing to spend. She did a good job. She put together the trunk with 10 items and I was able to view it to see what she was sending. I was able to decline the items I knew I wouldn't like and she took those out and replaced them with other stuff. You only get to do that once. The items she puts in are just sent with the rest of the stuff you did approve. However, I learned how to view the trunk they were sending so I was able to see the new items. I don't care if it's a surprise or not.

• Like 1