Menu

What's with the ads?

Ottakee

As a woman would you use a single stall men's bathroom?

This reminds me of one day I was grocery shopping. This store had an elderly, Im talking late 80s man working there. I walked into the womens room and he was standing at the sink washing his hands. I poked my head out to see if I went to the wrong restroom by mistake. He saw my reaction and said no honey your in the right one and walked on out. ooooook I was never sure what to make of that one lol.

Maybe he was washing his hands after cleaning it?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've used both and see no problem.

I also don't get why women think theirs is so much cleaner. So many women's bathrooms have been just as bad, if not worse, than the men's rooms I've gone in.

Very few public bathrooms have been pleasant and I feel people care way too much about where others go.

• Like 2

I would and I have, fairly often. 

Lots of places I go to now have "any gender" bathrooms. Over time, I've pretty much come to regard any single stall bathroom as any gender. It has a toilet and a door? I'm in. 

• Like 4

Am I the only one who is reading this thread and feeling happy that so many women are using the men's room because it means shorter lines at the ladies room for the rest of us? ;)

We live to serve, ma'am. 

This may be a dumb reason but sometimes the women's bathroom has a small receptacle for feminine products close by the toilet.

Just carry that on out to the trashcan, no worries. 

• Like 3

I remember one year at the CHEC hs convention, the hotel had way more men's bathrooms than women's. Finally a group of women took over one of the extra men's bathrooms, posted a sign, and used it all weekend! It was SUCH a stupid setup! I much prefer the Merchandise Mart--lots of bathrooms!

• Like 1

In honor of "Speak Like a Pirate Day":

[The gender based door signs are] "more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules."

I used more than a few men's rooms and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  DH and I have traded enough stories about the cleanliness or lack thereof in public restrooms, no one wins. Yuck.

Edited by Pegasus
  • Like 4

Yes, without a second thought.

At a conference a couple years ago, there was a short break between sessions and as usual the women's line for a multi-stall bathroom was really long, but not the men's. So a couple of men exited their multi-stall bathroom, and announced to the women's line (smugly) that there was no one else in theirs, so we should go on in. A few women looked around and went in, and I joined them. I was among the last of this group to leave and a short men's line had formed as they'd been informed that women had taken it over, so we kindly assured them it was safe to go back in.  :lol:

• Like 1

I have a couple of times, probably. The time I remember best is when women's and men's restrooms were both multi-stall - 8+ stalls. The lights were automatic, but weren't turning on in the women's. 

So I used the men's. It was a side of the road, middle of nowhere scenic viewing place, and the main building was closed, but bathrooms were still open. There was just about nobody there. 

DS ended up needing to use the washroom once I had finished, and ironically, he ended up using the women's. I think at that point, the men's lights weren't turning on, but he had managed to get the lights to turn on in the women's.

Yes

As someone who had to clean bathrooms at the end of the night, I can objectively say that women's bathrooms are grosser.

Women are gross.  Hovering instead of sitting, and then leaving a puddle on the seat, is a completely regular thing adult women do all the time as thought it was socially acceptable. 

• Like 2

Yep. 

Only was in a situation once where this was the other way around.  Where the men's room was slammed, but hardly anyone was in the women's room.  It was at a soccer game in Germany.  And yes, men went into the women's room out of desperation (and it was not a situation of a single stall).  I didn't care.  I thought it was comical. 

I have, and where I live it is not uncommon to see bathrooms with signs that say "All Gender Bathroom" or some version of that outside a single stall bathroom. Then there is no confusion, come in here and pee, whoever you are. It's a bathroom, why the need to designate gender?  

• Like 2

Sure. Usually I'll just wait, but for various reasons I've used the men's over the years. And, my experience is that the men's room in most places isn't any dirtier than the women's overall.

Honestly, single stall restrooms should all just be inclusive anyway. If there needs to be labeling, label them as "with urinal" and "without urinals" or "with changing table" and "without changing table" or whatever other special features they've got.

• Like 4

As someone who had to clean bathrooms at the end of the night, I can objectively say that women's bathrooms are grosser.

YES!

Women's bathrooms are FAR more disgusting. A little pee here and there in a men's room is nothing compared to the mess women leave behind! 

• Like 1

I would and I have many times.  I wouldn't use it or any bathroom if it was too gross.  I've walked out of many women's bathrooms because they were too dirty to use.  

Yes, and it doesn't require a long line, just a locked ladies room and a desperate need. 

Men's restrooms are almost always dirtier and smellier than the women's at the same location, but I think a lot of the odor comes from the urinal which I stay as far away from as possible! :svengo:

Honestly, single stall restrooms should all just be inclusive anyway. If there needs to be labeling, label them as "with urinal" and "without urinals" or "with changing table" and "without changing table" or whatever other special features they've got.

I agree, but building regulations need to be updated. When our church was remodeling it was required that our two single-person restrooms be labelled as men's and women's. We did that to pass inspection and then promptly removed the gender signs.

• Like 1

To me, single stall with a lock = unisex/family bathroom.  And really, why can't all single stall bathrooms just be family bathrooms?  Urinal, changing table, toddler seat, (ETA: the toilet proper and sink are a given).  Bam.  I get cost and coding, just my little "if I had a magic wand" thing.  I don't do super smelly/dirty/buggy bathrooms, though.  I will go somewhere else.  On a camping trip, this has meant the woods (ironically).  

And in defense of the guys, here's a short poem:

No matter how you shake and dance,

the last two drops go in your pants.  

You're welcome.   ;)

Edited by CES2005

Yes, absolutely. I've done it many times. It seems silly to me to have separate gender bathrooms when they are both single bathrooms. 

I read an article a few years ago about the increase in changing tables in the men's room. One of the people they spoke to, who sells changing tables, said that when he gets an order for just one changing table he asks "Oh, but where are the mothers supposed to change their babies?"

Apparently that works!

I would and have if I really had to.... I've also used a multi stall with guys in the bathroom with me but that was College and there were several of us girls who went in.  It was at a bar where I worked and it was pretty normal for some of the girls to get fed up and take over both bathrooms to clear the line.